Cannabis Forum > Sensi Seeds > Outdoor Growing
  Sensi Cannabis Seeds Sensi Shop  Sensi Newsletter Newsletter  Cannabis & Marijuana Photos Cannabis Photos  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

N deficiency? overfert?! HELP!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
mgomespt View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote mgomespt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: N deficiency? overfert?! HELP!
    Posted: 25 July 2010 at 15:16
Hey Guys,

I'm currently growing two strains outdoors: Jackflash #5 from Sensi and BlueBerry from DutchPassion (I'm a newbie...It's my second year of growing...only outdoors).

The soil is a mix of Compo Sana Universal potting soil (60%), Vermicompost (30%) and additional perlite (10%). The vases have great drainage due to the lower layer of pebbles I've added, protected by a fine mesh.

For plant food, I've only used powdered guano (about 50% more of the recommended dosage)...let it break down in the soil for about 2 weeks before transplanting the babies. The ratio for this guano is:
MacroNutrients:
- 11% N (2.5% Amonia, 8.5% organic)
- 6% P
- 3.5% K

MicroNutrients:
- 3% Mg
- 2% S

and...52% of "general organic matter".

They're both about 9 weeks in vegging. Now, as you can see on the following pics, My Jackflash is showing a lot of crispy/yellow lower leaves, and it's getting worse. The whole plant looks a bit pale as well.

I'm going only organic, can you guys help me diagnose what's going on with my baby?

A few additional notes:

They're LST'd, and when this problem started happening about 3 weeks ago, I've added a little bit more of the powdered guano...to no effect.

http://www.postimage.org/image.php?v=aVJb0vJ

http://www.postimage.org/image.php?v=aVJdgGS
snoopy85 View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote snoopy85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 July 2010 at 19:17
yellow leaves are first an indicate for to less Nitrogen.this can happen due several reasons first cause u just gave 50 percent of dosage of your fertilizer or the worser u gave too much water so this spoiled out any nutrients including the nitrogen which is the first defieciency u see on plants cause in veg, when u not overdose the dossage as written on fertilizer package u cannot give them to much nitrogen cause they need so a lot
anyway I would recommend u to give ur plants some roots stimulator that they can better take up the nutrient and for case of overwatering that they hurts can recover

cause u said ure a newbie I recommend u to have a look at this guide here

Post Reply Post Reply