Cannabis Forum > Sensi Seeds > Outdoor Growing
  Sensi Cannabis Seeds Sensi Shop  Sensi Newsletter Newsletter  Cannabis & Marijuana Photos Cannabis Photos  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Identifying white spots

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
jkwan View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote jkwan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Identifying white spots
    Posted: 03 August 2010 at 17:35

Hi All!

Been around for a while but never bothered to sign up.
First of all id like to thank you all for sharing so much good info on the subject!
You guys helped me out lots in the past.%3chumbs%20Up

But i am at a loss at the moment.
It has been raining lots in Germany lately and after a solid 2 weeks of rain these wierd white spots started showing on one of the ladies. I have never had it like this before and i checked for parasites but could not find anything.
So my best guess is some kind of fungus maybe?
I am confused as these started showing after the rain had stopped for 2 days.
Any thought?

then there is another one. here the tip of the leaves started turning almost black.
This also started after the rain stopped.
And again,i have  never seen this before.
Any Ideas?

I am grateful for any insight!

Ganja View Drop Down
Sensi Administrator
Sensi Administrator

Quote Ganja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2010 at 18:20
A bit of a flying diagnosis, but here goes:

The pale spots don't look like fungus and they're probably not caused by pests feeding on the plants (though that is more likely than fungus, going by the appearance).

The pale spots don't look like a major problem, and probably won't spread. If they do start to affect other leaves, please take more pics.

The necrotic black bits on the new growth are not related to the pale spots, IMO. The black bits look like physical damage, such as burning or blunt trauma.

The plant in the first pic - yellowish leaves with green veins - looks a bit too wet and a bit under-fed; it might be that the constant rain has washed away much of the nutrient in its pot.

Let them dry out (if it rains, bring them under cover), add a little nutrient that's high in N, but has some P and K (and micronutrients/trace elements like iron, magnesuim and sulphur) and give plants as much direct sunlight as possible.
Auto-flowering Cannabis Seeds!
No growing questions by PM, please!
jkwan View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote jkwan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 August 2010 at 18:39
Thanks for the swift response.

Some pests was my first guess for the spots too  but after a thorough inspection and no signs whatsoever i thought fungus.
It really is strange as only 3 leaves show these spots.
I have never seen it like this.

The black bit on the youngling i dont understand  at all. Ill just wait and see.

And yes unfortunately all of the plant are too wet.
It has rained twice again since i posted earlier....

I will let them all dry out a little then feed em as recommended.

Lets see what happens , ill let you know.

Thank you

unfortunatel

jkwan View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote jkwan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2010 at 21:08
Ok, it pains me but i told you id keep you posted so here it is.
Maybe its also good to see how quickly things can go wrong at times %3co%20high

The younger plant with the black burns , got thrown over by the wind/bird and i thought i d spare you these painful images.. She now walks safely among our ancestors.

Below is a pic of the one with the white spots:

So this is what happend:
I took them in for 3 days and let them dry out a bit.
Luckily after 3 days the sun came out again so i fed them ever so slightly with a little biobizz mix. That night heavy rain started again. Rained 3 days straight and unluckily i wasnt there to take em back in.
Not looking too good now...
The white spots have spread to all the other leaves as well.
Still havent got a clue what that was.

I seriously doubt that this one will recover. Lately the weather has been very unstable, drought, too much rain, drought, rain rain... pahhh....oh well... such is life in the tropics...

Decided to continue indoors, ill be setting up a growlog so ill keep you posted.

%3ceed%20leafhappy growing%3ceed%20leaf

jkwan View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote jkwan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2010 at 21:09
sry for image size, ill try to make it smaller next time %3chumbs%20Up
farmer mick View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote farmer mick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2010 at 21:21
This is just a guess really, but I think your plant's roots have been attacked by a fungus.

I can see the base of the stem in the photo you posted and it looks to be covered in white mould.

Like I said, just a guess. I don't think that plant can possibly survive... the damage is already too far gone.

Lesson number one for all growers - cannabis hates water-logged conditions.
jkwan View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote jkwan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 August 2010 at 21:52

hey mick,

fungus on the roots is probably what happend.
Its been raining constantly here so the soil never really got a chance to dry out.
When the rain did stop for 1 or 2 afternoons the sun came out really hot, i kept checking
but the soil wouldnt even dry up on the surface while being really warm and damp. Then rain again for a couple of days..

Frecking fungi...%3cea%3c

Let it be yet another lesson ;)
farmer mick View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote farmer mick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 August 2010 at 01:56
You need to mix your soil with something like perlite or vermiculite to improve drainage. Grow them in a greenhouse if your climate is very rainy.
jkwan View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote jkwan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 August 2010 at 15:58
Oh oh i have been dreaming of a full-on huge greenhouse for quite some time now %3cacko 
 Post Reply Post Reply