Cannabis Forum > Sensi Seeds > Indoor Growing
  Sensi Cannabis Seeds Sensi Shop  Sensi Newsletter Newsletter  Cannabis & Marijuana Photos Cannabis Photos  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

veg stage???????

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Auto-Question-Bot View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Auto-Question-Bot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: veg stage???????
    Posted: 09 August 2010 at 00:18
gonna pick up me 200 blue veg light 2m
how many hours shall i leave light on my seeds they comin but not popped throught yet?
how high shall i leave light above the seed in rockwool??????
thanks jpppp
snoopy85 View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote snoopy85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2010 at 10:05
what type of light u have?
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Auto-Question-Bot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 August 2010 at 22:08
200w blue bulb 6400k barn holder with curved over sides snoop
Rastakolnikov View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Rastakolnikov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2010 at 01:34
i put my light on 18/6 from the start,
cfls can go pretty close to the plants, i put mine about an inch or 2 away

Champagne for my real friends.
Real pain for my sham friends.
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Auto-Question-Bot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2010 at 22:22
ok i could put light closer then on timer 18 hours its on pal is it 4 to 5 weeks of veg stage???
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Rastakolnikov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 August 2010 at 01:40
depends on the strain you're growing and how tall you want them to finish.
the longer you veg em the more you'll harvest :)

farmer mick View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote farmer mick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 August 2010 at 02:59
Originally posted by Rastakolnikov

the longer you veg em the more you'll harvest :)

Not true ------ Longer veg = bigger plants, but in an indoor set-up, the harvest depends on the amount of light that the plants receive, not on the size of the plants. I've seen massive buds on clones that received no veg time whatsoever.

In my experience, for a basic uncomplicated grow operation, you should veg your plants until they fill two-thirds of the floor space in your grow room. They should continue to spread out for a couple of weeks after the switch to 12/12 and should fill the entire grow space wall-to-wall by the time they start developing buds.

Four to five weeks should be enough veg time if you keep the plants healthy. Unless you're planning a densely-packed "sea of green" operation, your plants should be ready to flower when they reach 20-30cm in height.

Obviously, all of this depends on the strain and the growing conditions. Practice makes perfect.
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Rastakolnikov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 August 2010 at 11:14
i stand corrected %3cmbarrass%3cd
farmer mick View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote farmer mick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 August 2010 at 15:17
It wasn't my intention to make you blush Rasta...

What you said is correct for outdoor plants ---- early planting = longer veg = bigger pants = bigger harvest.

I think I remember reading somewhere that direct sunlight is the equivalent of around 100,000 watts of artificial light. I'm not sure how this could be quantified, as wattage is a measurement of electricity usage, not light output, but suffice to say that the Sun is many, many times more powerful than even the strongest grow light. As a result, outdoor plants can flower to their full potential.

Bud development on indoor plants is limited, however, by the amount of lumens that the grow light produces (and to a lesser extent by the strain and the growing conditions). As long as your grow room is full, with no empty spaces, then 50cm plants should produce the same amount of dry bud as 150cm plants.

Obviously, if you're only growing one or two plants, they will need a longer veg time to fill the grow space compared to four or five plants. If you do a "sea of green" in the same space with 40 clones, you could flower them without any veg time and the final harvest should be the same...
breizh ganja View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote breizh ganja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 August 2010 at 19:14
earth=pot    light=sun wind=fan    the biggest and best way to grow weed! i let my plant under 18/6 near 4 to 8 weeks in veg time .........cause i have enought place. then i have often 1m to near 1m70 plant result;and sometime with jungle problem!! lol peace alls and have nice grow and learn,learn every day. thanks farmer mick!
Rémi Gaillard...take a look !
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>