Cannabis Forum > Sensi Seeds > Outdoor Growing
  Sensi Cannabis Seeds Sensi Shop  Sensi Newsletter Newsletter  Cannabis & Marijuana Photos Cannabis Photos  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Pakistan valley

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 11>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
alecky View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote alecky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Pakistan valley
    Posted: 09 August 2010 at 17:03
Hi all,heres a pic of my outdoor attempt for 2010,and so far its much better than my 2009 attempt!The plant is a clone from a grow i did earlier in the year and this time i put it in the ground instead of a pot,i also topped and pruned it a lot to keep it "low n wide".I havnt feed it yet but i did mix in some multi purpose compost with the soil when i planted it out in may.Im delighed with progress so far,i just hope the weather stays good enough to get a harvest.

"Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds"
breizh ganja View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote breizh ganja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 August 2010 at 14:04
alecky,great plant (strain?) and great dog !
the ground is the biggest pot you can have ;) !
i dont dare cut the   apex? (principle bud,i mean) but when i saw your plant   i will dare the next season ! your plant get a sort of harmony.
have a happy end season! and take us inform! peace.
Rémi Gaillard...take a look !
alecky View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote alecky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2010 at 01:37
Hi BG the strain is pakistan valley from world of seeds,100% indica i think.This is a clone from a seed plant i grew earlier in the year.
Indoors, if i growing a few plants of the same strain i usually top one of them just to see wot happens.Its never had a bad effect on the plant.I usually do it while the plant is still in veg.

I think this plant is flowering now,or at least starting to flower,there are no buds but it looks different!Ill post another pic soon.
"Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds"
alecky View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote alecky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2010 at 06:24

farmer mick View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote farmer mick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2010 at 17:00
Fantastic, healthy-looking plant Alecky. I'll be very interested to see how it flowers in the Irish climate.

What size/how old was the plant when you moved it outdoors in May?
alecky View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote alecky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 August 2010 at 23:46
Hi farmermick thanks for dropping in and thanks for that closet grow space thread,it was a constant source for info when i started out,would have been lost without it!

When the clone rooted i potted it up and stuck it outside straight away at about 10cm then when it outgrew the pot i planted it directly in the ground at about 25-30cm.That was around 3rd week in may,its now about 1m tall and 1m wide.
Im intrested to see how it fares off too,i had one outside last year but brought it in too flower under lights.

I havnt looked very hard,but i cant find any pics or blogs on the forums of a grow thats been flowered outdoors in ireland.
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote farmer mick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2010 at 03:39

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=loMM4q99PpU

No obvious buds on these plants, but I love this video. It might be a hemp field, but hemp plants are usually grown much closer together.

Bud-rot is the biggest potential problem in Ireland. The humidity levels really start to climb during September/October, especially as the nights start to get colder...
alecky View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote alecky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2010 at 04:19
Nice vid farmermick.I wouldnt mind a field of cannabis!

This plant could have been harvested at 45days when i grew its mother indoors although, i left it for 55,so im hoping it will be quick to finish outdoors too and hopefully avoid the bud-rot.
Does quick finisher indoors transfer to quick finisher outdoors?

Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote farmer mick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2010 at 15:01
Originally posted by alecky

Does quick finisher indoors transfer to quick finisher outdoors?

To be honest, I have no idea what the answer to that question is. My gut instinct tells me that the gradual decline in photoperiod may lead to a more gradual onset of flowering compared to the overnight switch from 18/6 to 12/12 in an indoor grow. But this is just speculation.

Cold temperatures (and any other kind of stress) can definitely slow down flowering.

As I said, I'll be very interested to see how that lady copes with the less-than-ideal Irish climate.
alecky View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote alecky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 August 2010 at 15:54
Ill just have to keep my fingers crossed farmermick!It was nice and sunny earlier but pissin rain now,typical irish summer!
Sarahlou might check in and give her views on whether it wil be quick finisher outside aswell as indoors.Shes an outdoor growing guru!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 11>