Cannabis Forum > Sensi Seeds > Outdoor Growing
  Sensi Cannabis Seeds Sensi Shop  Sensi Newsletter Newsletter  Cannabis & Marijuana Photos Cannabis Photos  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Pakistan valley

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
alecky View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote alecky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2010 at 17:58
The webs will still taste better than the weed/hash we get over here!
"Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds"
Proteus View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Proteus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 October 2010 at 18:22
Originally posted by Melissa Bartok

I'm going to hang them in the attic, it's dry, cool, dark and airy. I'll check them often.

Watch your humidity carfefully, an attic may not be the best place to hang it to dry.
Melissa Bartok View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote Melissa Bartok Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 October 2010 at 12:01
It's the only place I can dry them Proteus,  I'll be keeping a very close eye on them. I kept the attic hatch open last night so the heat from the house could rise, hopefully reducing moisture further, it's open still and all the windows in the house are open so there's plenty of fresh air making its way up there. Apart from that I don't know what else to do.

Alecky, the stuff available here is complete rubbish, you're right, the webs and maybe even the odd caterpillar corpse just has to be better than it.
Melissa Bartok View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote Melissa Bartok Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 October 2010 at 12:14
Link to pics posted here http://forum.sensiseeds.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=7448&PID=57987#57987
Password is Melissa.
alecky View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote alecky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 October 2010 at 17:08
Nice one melissa,you will enjoy your smoke for sure.

Thats looks like a fine size attic you got, you should consider building a room for indoor growing up there.Take a look at farmer micks thread for some pointers.

Im in the process of harvesting the paki valley,ive cut off all the main heads so far.There is a lot of activity around the estate today,window and chimeny cleaning going on, so theres people up ladders and on roofs and they can see me from all directions!feckin typical!

Ill cut the rest after dark.Pictures later or tomorrow.
"Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds"
farmer mick View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote farmer mick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2010 at 02:23
Sorry to hear about the mould problems Alecky, but you should definitely be proud that you managed to keep her healthy for so long.

I've been researching the rotten Irish climate with a view to setting up a guerrilla grow and I had come to the conclusion that auto-flowering strains are the only real option, but I'm beginning to reconsider after seeing your results.

Basically, the main problem in Ireland is humidity. Average relative humidity hovers around 70% during the summer, but it starts to climb in September and October when the nights get cold. In October, the average relative humidity in Dublin Airport at 9am is 85%. (http://www.met.ie/climate/dublinairport.asp)

Another problem is that Ireland is more northerly than most of Europe, so the photoperiod is less-than-ideal as well.

I reckon the early outdoor strains are probably triggered to flower when the photoperiod reaches around 14/10. The natural photoperiod in Barcelona reaches 14/10 around August 11th. In Ireland, it doesn't reach 14/10 until August 26th. (http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/sunrise.html)

I'm no biologist, but I think this means that weed grown near Barcelona will be ready to harvest two weeks earlier than the exact same weed growing in Ireland - and that's before you take account of the fact that the colder climate could also extend the flowering time by another week or two.
"A rat race is for rats. We're not rats. We're human beings." - Jimmy Reid, RIP
alecky View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote alecky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2010 at 03:04
Hey mick thanks for dropping in,i agree with what your saying and it will be tough to get a decent harvest in our weather but i think its possible.

Over a couple of seasons and a bit of selection i reackon i could find an early strain that will finish on time.Im not mad on the idea of auto's but i would reconsider if all else fails.

I didnt really lose much bud to mould,i think i caught it just in time.Ive harvested most of the plant but theres still a fair bit outside and its still doin fine,no more mould.

It was -3 the other nite and the plant is a dark purple colour,ill harvest the rest tomorrow.

The only thing that puts me off a guerilla grow is transporting the bud home.Knowing my look id get stopped!

Sarah louise nearly got caught,

http://forum.sensiseeds.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=6681

All in all im real happy with this years grow and ill deffo be growing again next year.

How's the cabbages?

Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote farmer mick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2010 at 12:42
Hey Alecky, the latest cabbage went into 12/12 on Friday after a major delay (probably caused by poor quality soil). It's a clone that took root and vegged on the windowsill. I transplanted it into a 5-litre pot before moving it under the HPS, but it went into shock very quickly and basically stopped growing, stopped taking up water and nutes from the soil and just sat there looking depressed and droopy for around two weeks.

Unfortunately, I had to wait for the roots to penetrate the soil and fill the 5-litre pot before I could transplant into a larger pot with better soil.

I lost two weeks growing time, but she has recovered well. It still took another three weeks of 18/6 to get her from 15cm to 25cm before the switch to 12/12.

This plant has been topped and heavily trained in an effort to get it to spread outwards and fill my entire grow room. There are seven main growing tips and at least 50-60 secondary bud sites all getting full exposure to the light, so I'm hoping for some good results.

Gonna try something different after that - I have some Super Critical Haze seeds from Dinafem that will hopefully stretch a bit more and fill the grow room without needing two months of veg time!

BTW - I've smoked some fantastic bud from auto-flowering plants. The only problem with autos is that they don't yield a lot because of their limited size.
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote farmer mick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2010 at 12:58
Re: guerrilla growing...

I would much prefer to grow plants in my garden (if I had a garden), where I could keep an eye on them and sort out any problems as they arise. I really don't have the patience to go through years of selection to find a plant that will thrive in the Irish climate without any attention from the grower.

However, I have no doubt that you will find a good early-flowering plant if you keep trying. Just be wary of seed companies that do their breeding in Spain (Kannabia, Dinafem, Eva, Royal Queen, Pyramid Seeds, etc.) The harvest times they give for their outdoor strains are based on the Spanish climate.
Proteus View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Proteus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2010 at 13:23

I dunno the exact weather conditions you get in ireland this time of year, but think that having anything outside in the uk past sept is risky at best. Even with all the other factors, temp, humidity, you have to look at what happens to all the other plants this time of year - leaves drop, everything rots, fungus sprouts everywhere. They were reading spore counts out on the news a month or two back, i beleive that information was directed at gardeners as much as anybody. The point is, that any plant with small enclosed spaces (like you get between packed buds) is an invitation to spores. I am sure it is possible to acclimatise or breed a strain that can handle those conditions, but its debatable as to if its worth it or not when you can just use autos. If it was me i wouldnt bother outside, and i reckon alecky is more northerly than i am. Apart from which alecky if you keep planting in plain view like that your asking for trouble :)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 7891011>