Cannabis Forum > Sensi Seeds > Outdoor Growing
  Sensi Cannabis Seeds Sensi Shop  Sensi Newsletter Newsletter  Cannabis & Marijuana Photos Cannabis Photos  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Pakistan valley

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 891011>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
farmer mick View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote farmer mick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2010 at 13:43
Hey Proteus, Irish climate is similar to Britain, but more wet and humid because of exposure to the Atlantic Ocean and the Gulf Stream.

I agree entirely with what you say. If a plant isn't ready to harvest by early to mid-Sept, it's probably not worth the effort and the risk.

Spore counts are usually for farmers. Blight (a type of fungus) is a major problem for potato-growers in Ireland and the UK. It caused a famine in Ireland between 1845 and the early 1850s. One million people died and another million were forced to emigrate to avoid starvation. That was about one-quarter of the population at the time.
"A rat race is for rats. We're not rats. We're human beings." - Jimmy Reid, RIP
alecky View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote alecky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 October 2010 at 02:01
Thanks for the input lads,i agree with nearly all you say,

I dont think the climate is all that bad but the humidity is a problem.Although i had an encounter with mould,it was the wind that caused the most damage to the plant.

I doubt i lost 5% to mould,maybe even that could have been avoided if i had have taken preventitive measures.And i think i could leave the plant outdoors until the first week of october quite safely.

Most of the more well known auto's come from some of those companies you mention farmermick,so they too might struggle in the irish weather.

Next year ill more than likely try sensi's Early skunk or Early Girl and see how i get on,but i reckon it will be more successful than this year,in the amount of bud i get and the size of the buds.Plus i have a more private position to grow in for next year.

Here's a pic of some of the bigger buds,got 8 of these and about 10-12 slighter smaller ones and i have a large paper sack of smaller buds and trim for hash.

"Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds"
alecky View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote alecky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 October 2010 at 02:03

"Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds"
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote farmer mick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 October 2010 at 02:57
It's handy having the plant in the garden where you can look after it if any problems arise. I wish you luck with next year's experiments.

When I said it's not worth the risk if the plant isn't ready by the first half of Sept, I was speaking personally. I wouldn't want to spend several months growing a plant and risking a brush with the law when there appears to be such a high possibility of losing the crop to mould.

However, this is all theoretical for me. Like I said before, the fact that you've actually managed to harvest smokeable buds in late October has caused me to reconsider by previous assumptions.

However, I would point out that the weather this year has been considerably better than the previous three years. Late September and October are usually a lot more rainy.

Just out of curiosity, how much dry bud do you expect to get from that plant? She looked like quite a monster in the end.

Re: autoflowering plants. While a lot of these plants are bred in Spain, they're not dependent on photoperiod, so if you plant them in May they will be ready for harvest by August at the latest - before the really mouldy weather sets in. Friend of mine grew a bunch of them in a greenhouse this year and harvested them in July. The smoke was top-notch, but the yield per plant was fairly low.
alecky View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote alecky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 October 2010 at 04:37
I didnt expect anything farmer mick,it was only when i noticed it begin to flourish that i got intrested!

All the bud i got is a bonus and a welcome addition to the stash,i imagine ill smoke it when theres nothing else.Looking forward to making some hash aswell.

Been looking at the autos since disscussing them here,the Snowryder from white label looks good,also there is an auto version of this very plant,Pakistan ryder.

I would give either a run,Hollands Hope from whitelabel looks good too.

Dont know what to do now!!%3cackojust as well theres no rush deciding!

BTW the cabbages sound good!%3chumbs%20Up
alecky View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote alecky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 October 2010 at 04:50
Just re-read your post Farmer Mick and realised what you actually asked me%3co%20high,
i would say about 4-5oz dry of the smokable bud,maybe the same of popcorn buds and trimming.

Id say the hash will be the most productive way of smoking the plant,its covered in resin,all milky coloured with a few amber ones,but not many.
Proteus View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Proteus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 October 2010 at 11:43
Originally posted by farmer mick

When I said it's not worth the risk if the plant isn't ready by the first half of Sept, I was speaking personally. I wouldn't want to spend several months growing a plant and risking a brush with the law when there appears to be such a high possibility of losing the crop to mould.

Exactly the same reason i say it, you only need to get burned badly by mould once and seeing those perfect colas turn to sludge will put you off outdoors forever :p
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote farmer mick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 October 2010 at 17:19
To be honest Alecky, the one cabbage I'm growing at the moment has taken another turn for the worse in the past couple of days - slightly droopy leaves that don't fan outwards to collect the light and purple streaks appearing on the branches. This usually indicates a phosphorous problem, but I've been growing clones of this plant all year and this one is receiving the exact same feed and conditions as the previous ones. I recently bought a new bottle of BioGrow and it smelled much stronger than it usually does, so I'm thinking this may be the cause of the problem. The plant is gonna get a good flush this evening and I'll be out to purchase a new non-stinky bottle of BioGrow asap.

4-5 oz of entirely free weed is a nice result. My mate got around the same from nine autos, but I think the pots he was using were too small and I also reckon he harvested the buds before they were fully mature. Not sure what strain he was growing. Dinafem do an Auto Haze. This is what I was planning to get for my guerrilla grow. It fascinates me to think I might be able to grow a Haze hybrid in the Irish climate. Of course, the big problem with autos is that you can't clone them. You have to buy seeds for every crop.
alecky View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote alecky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 October 2010 at 19:45
I agree with both of ya,mould is a bitch,but i dont think its enough of a reason not too grow outdoors.

However if doing a guirella grow that you cant visit daily,i can see where mould would be really off-putting.I was lucky that the plant was in my back garden and i was there to pick off affected buds as they appeared.

One advantage to all the rain was i didnt have to water very often,it was done for me!

Ive made a decision to try an early strain next year and if i get good results ill go down the road of breeding/selection,if not ill try an auto the following year.

Maybe we can do side by side grow logs next year Farmer mick,Auto v Early?
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote farmer mick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 October 2010 at 20:01
Sounds like a good idea, but if I do go ahead with my guerrilla grow, it will be 100 miles from where I live and I will not be visiting the site at all between planting and harvest. I will be totally reliant on nature to keep the plants healthy and mould-free.

I'm a lot more paranoid than you. There is absolutely no way whatsoever that I would grow cannabis in full view in my own garden (if I had a garden). Maybe in a country with a more enlightened justice system, but definitely not in Ireland. The consequences of getting caught are not worth a few ounces of weed.

Rainfall is fine during veg and the early stages of flowering, but you don't want rain falling on fully-formed buds. The second half of Sept and first half of Oct this year seemed dryer and warmer than normal (just a few heavy rainfalls), so the risk of mould was probably lower than usual. However, having said that, the weather in Sept/Oct is very unpredictable from year to year...
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 891011>