Cannabis Forum > Sensi Seeds > Outdoor Growing
  Sensi Cannabis Seeds Sensi Shop  Sensi Newsletter Newsletter  Cannabis & Marijuana Photos Cannabis Photos  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Pakistan valley

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 91011
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
alecky View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote alecky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 October 2010 at 05:20
Hey farmer mick,do ya think you would get away with no visits to grow site at all?It would be great if you did!!

Ive taught about doing something similiar too,mainly planting around 5 big clones in different locations and not going back till end of sept,and if anything was there it would be a bonus.

But besides the obivious i would be worried about animal damage,wind damage,etc.

Growing it in full view was a bit risky i admit,but i was taking advantage of the fact that know one would expect anyone to grow a cannabis plant out in the open.

When im out walking the dogs im constantly looking in the hedges and corners of fields for peoples guirella grows,even dreaming i might find a whole feild of cannabis plants,i never look around housing estates though.

Anyhow i got away with it this time%3chumbs%20Up i wont be growing in that paticular spot again but i do have a more private spot sorted, out of view of the neighbours on 3 sides and later in the season ill be able to get a cover over it if needs be.

Have you heard of, or any experience with a strain called Fresian dew,i think its from DP ive read of other irish growers having some success with this strain.

"Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds"
farmer mick View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote farmer mick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 October 2010 at 23:54
I think the chances of success are no greater than 50/50. Lots of things could go wrong, so I might not even waste the effort. It's purely an experiment I am considering.

Personally, I take the harvest dates for all early strains with a pinch of salt. Any kind of stress will extend the flowering period and the Irish climate is obviously stressful for what are essentially sun-loving plants.

I have heard of people growing decent outdoor weed in Ireland, but I've never smoked any, just ditch-weed grown by New Age Travellers which was more expensive and less potent than Soap Bar.

In fact, this thread is the first piece of evidence I've seen that it is possible to harvest good-quality outdoor bud in Ireland.
"A rat race is for rats. We're not rats. We're human beings." - Jimmy Reid, RIP
alecky View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote alecky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 October 2010 at 05:32
Cheers farmer mick,its the reason i started this thread,cause i couldnt find any others!

Give it a go if you can, it would be cool if ya could finish a haze of any kind in ireland!

Deep down i know your right about the early strains but im staying optimistic!I figure that if i try every year,one of those years is going to be a scorcher with great weather,and ill have a great harvest, and it will be somethin to waffle on about for years to follow!!

Buds are drying away nicely,theres a lovely sweet smell from them,much different smell to her indoor sisters.Ill have a smoke of it over the weekend.
"Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds"
farmer mick View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote farmer mick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 October 2010 at 16:23
Alecky, if you have the space and the balls to grow several early plants, I'm sure you'll find one pheno that will do great in the Irish climate. Like I said before, it's very handy being able to look after them in the garden. It significantly increases the chances of success. I would still be very doubtful that you'll find any strain (except autos) that will be fully mature before October.

This might be worth a read: http://www.uk420.com/boards/lofiversion/index.php/t216684.html.

A lot of the guys on this forum seem to have good success with outdoor grows in UK, but most of the plants have to stay out until late October to finish properly.
"A rat race is for rats. We're not rats. We're human beings." - Jimmy Reid, RIP
Salgado View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Salgado Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2010 at 02:56
Originally posted by alecky

Ahhh that Irish weed... No crisis on weed at least!! Big one here and the weed crisis is getting big for me too LOL
"Every time I plant a seed, he said kill it before it grow, he said kill them before they grow. And so I shot him down..."
alecky View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote alecky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 November 2010 at 06:23
Hey salgado no weed shortage for a while yet thankfully!

I smoked a fair bit of this on sunday,all day infact!and im well pleased with it!Its not overly strong but still packs a punch.Nice taste and smell too,but still a bit "green".

Ill put it into jars to cure and try it around christmas again,should have enough from indoor grow to last till then.

Garden looks empty with the plant gone and so far no one has commented on its disaperance over night!Result!%3chumbs%20Up
alecky View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote alecky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 December 2010 at 05:58
Little update,i got just over 200g from this plant,about90-100g is good smokable buds the rest is made up of tiny little buds and buds that are under developed and are more leaf than bud,ill make hash with them.

Its a nice smoke,wouldnt grow it again though, indoors or out,when i open the tin there is a real strong smell of oranges but it doesnt transfer to the smoke unfortunately.Gets ya fairly baked but still able to get up and do things,and still much better than whats for sale locally.

So i suppose thats it!Roll on next year,im going to try either Early Pearl or Early Skunk,at the moment its EP but i change my mind regulary between the two!%3crmm
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 91011