Cannabis Forum > Sensi Seeds > Indoor Growing
  Sensi Cannabis Seeds Sensi Shop  Sensi Newsletter Newsletter  Cannabis & Marijuana Photos Cannabis Photos  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Plants looking Scrawny

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Darragh View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote Darragh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Plants looking Scrawny
    Posted: 14 August 2010 at 00:21
Hello all,
I'm new to this forum so please be patient with me,thank you. I started growing about this time last year and had 1 New York City, 3 Great White Sharks,1 Euforia and 4 Tutankhaman's. I vegged them for approx 2 months and flowered them all the way till christmas. They were beautiful specimens and were about 5ft or more tall, (Euforia goes out of control,had to tie it down) plus they were bushy enough,not real thick but just ok. I had them under a 600w and a 400w hps system. I watered them once a day with the exact amount of feed,cared for them like they were my children,went short of giving them name tags! Upon starting this adventure I read the packets the seeds came in and it said to expect around 14 to 15 oz from each plant, Jesus H, I was expecting to get a bus load from my endeavours. I cut and dried all the buds,kept them all seperate for comparison, I only ended up getting about 15 or 16 oz from the lot of them combined. I don't think I done anything wrong as I only used the buds and threw away the rest. Is the estimation on the leaflets the weight of the whole plant,including cabbage? I must be doing something terribly wrong if thats not the case.

I have another question regarding my current crop,all tutankhamans by the way,22% THC. I never pruned them at the start and the branches are skinny and the plant doesn't look as bushy, but still healthy. I'm feeding them the same bar the light,I only have 1 600w hps. I have 6 plants under at the moment. They are starting to bud now nicely but my question is, would it be wise to take off the bottom branches altogether as they don't get much light and in theory that would give the top buds all the nutrients and goodness they deserve. Is this safe to do in about 2 or 3 weeks time?

Thank you for your time,
D
farmer mick View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote farmer mick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 August 2010 at 01:43
For a novice grower, 15-16 ounces is a good result in your current set-up. It's impossible to estimate a per-plant yield in an indoor grow room, because the harvest depends on the amount of light that the plants receive, not on the amount of plants that you grow. You should aim for a total harvest of 1g per watt of light, but this depends on your skill as a grower. Did you really expect to produce an expert harvest on your first attempt? Practice makes perfect.

In my opinion, you should never prune a cannabis plant after it has started to flower. If you want to prune your plants, do it before the switch to 12/12.

If you're growing in soil, you should water them when they need to be watered. Once-a-day is too frequent. My plants are currently growing in 9l pots and I water them once every three days. I sometimes use 14l pots for larger plants - in which case I water them once every 4-5 days, depending on which stage of growth they are at.

Also, you should feed them according to their needs, not according to what it says on the bottle. This takes practice to perfect.

To summarise, chill the fcuk out and be grateful for the fact that you've managed to grow 15-16 ounces of weed for a fraction of what it would cost on the street...
Darragh View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote Darragh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 August 2010 at 08:17
No prob Mick,thanks for the advice, and I'm very chilled out thank you. Of course I expected to produce an expert harvest,don't you? Will take your advice on board and let you know how this crop turns out!
Thanks again.
Darragh View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote Darragh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 August 2010 at 08:53
Im trying to get a few pictures of 1st crop to show you but they don't seem to be appearing on the screen. Is there a special format that's needed? They're all JPG.
AkitaLover View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote AkitaLover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 August 2010 at 12:18
If your trying to upload pictures make sure that each pic is no bigger than 200kb, i had this problem also. If they are larger than this, you could resize them or adjust your camera settings...peace%3cig%3c
Auto-Question-Bot View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Auto-Question-Bot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 August 2010 at 12:22
i use my nokia n97 for pics but they come on large how do i get em to screen size????
Darragh View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote Darragh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 August 2010 at 18:09
I'll try to adjust them in a min. They're all about 2MB each. I don't know why so large,maybe it was the camera I used.
Thanks people!
heampaoolic View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote heampaoolic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2010 at 01:30
why dont you use www.imageshack.com
easy and fast, with resize option
Darragh View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote Darragh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2010 at 10:41
http://img210.imageshack.us/i/euforiae.jpg/
Salgado View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Salgado Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2010 at 13:05
Originally posted by Darragh

I'll try to adjust them in a min. They're all about 2MB each. I don't know why so large,maybe it was the camera I used.
Thanks people!

Set your camera to take VGA pics on the menu.
"Every time I plant a seed, he said kill it before it grow, he said kill them before they grow. And so I shot him down..."
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>