Cannabis Forum > Sensi Seeds > Growing Archives > Nutrient, Fertiliser and pH
  Sensi Cannabis Seeds Sensi Shop  Sensi Newsletter Newsletter  Cannabis & Marijuana Photos Cannabis Photos  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

What's a CF meter?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
mrnice View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote mrnice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What's a CF meter?
    Posted: 07 September 2005 at 21:26
Hi can anyone tell me what a cf meter is? a friend of mine has recently purchased a bluelab truncheon (www.getbluelab.com) for ec and ph readings but it also has a meter on it for measuring the cf, the meter reads from 2 to 36 what is it and what is the correct cf for cannabis?

mrnice
Ganja View Drop Down
Sensi Administrator
Sensi Administrator

Quote Ganja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 September 2005 at 16:42

The CF scale is another way of measuring soluble nutrients in water. If you're comfortable with EC measurements, CF will not give you more information - it's just another way of looking at the figures.

EC stands for electrical conductivity. The more minerals in water, the better it will conduct (absolutely pure water is not actually that good at conducting electricity).

Meters that give a nutrient reading in CF or TDS measure conductivity in the same way as a standard EC meter, then use that EC figure to work out a CF or TDS reading.

As to the scale to use for cannabis, I can't remember, off the top of my head. This would be easy to look up, but you can get a good idea of the healthy CF range simply by measuring EC, then pushing the CF button to see the equivalent reading on that scale.

Auto-flowering Cannabis Seeds!
No growing questions by PM, please!
smokedeherb View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote smokedeherb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2007 at 14:42
yea but what exactly is cf and ec though i dont understand it's confusing?
mrnice View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote mrnice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 June 2007 at 15:18
    its a way of measuring ur nutes
Grasso View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Grasso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 July 2007 at 21:30
Hello,

CF stands for conductivity factor. 1 CF is 100 Microsiemens per centimeter or 100 EC. See http://www.drugs-forum.com/growfaq/741.htm !

Uli

Post Reply Post Reply