Cannabis Forum > Sensi Seeds > Seeds, Genes & Strains
  Sensi Cannabis Seeds Sensi Shop  Sensi Newsletter Newsletter  Cannabis & Marijuana Photos Cannabis Photos  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

jack herer

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Morphote View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote Morphote Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 December 2010 at 09:54
Nevil did so much for Sensi. It's a shame he isn't shown more respect.

M.
sarah louise View Drop Down
Sensi Moderator
Sensi Moderator

Quote sarah louise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 December 2010 at 14:05
Oh dear, another one.
What doesn't kill me just makes me stranger...
JustAsmoker View Drop Down
Sensi Grower
Sensi Grower

Quote JustAsmoker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 December 2010 at 15:06
ben and nevil are old friends, from what ive read. i sure as hell bet they dont argu over stuff written up on forums when they meet up. the real life is alot different than the forums, stuff we say to each other on forums etc..

nevil's got his strains bens got his. whats the problem

the deisel i smoked and grow tasted nothing like jack herer that ive smoked. jack is quite skunky.

deisel tasted like grapefruit and petrol the pheno i had

i thout it was old news that deisel was breed from an afgani and mexican sativa
JustAsmoker View Drop Down
Sensi Grower
Sensi Grower

Quote JustAsmoker Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 December 2010 at 16:46
if you watch mr nice's video diary you see howard and ben together at sensi. theres loads of respect between them you can see that
Ganja View Drop Down
Sensi Administrator
Sensi Administrator

Quote Ganja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 December 2010 at 11:44
Originally posted by Morphote

He's mentioned frequently in the SSB catalogue and his many achievements are lauded.

This doesn't mean that anyone using the name Nevil can rewrite cannabis history to suit their own ends. This isn't a religion.

And, frankly, using Nevil's name or vague association to legitimise incorrect claims or make short-term profits seems to display a lot less respect for the man and the community at large than challenging those incorrect claims.

Also, Nevil did a lot for the cannabis community and for The Seed Bank, when he ran it. When it became Sensi Seed Bank, the Dronkers family did a lot for the community and for SSB. It's correct to consider the two companies as stewards of the same genetic material, and if so, then Nevil ran The Seed Bank for about 6-7 years (until 1991), while Sensi Seed Bank has continued the same work for almost 20 years.

The majority of growers who have grown strains that were sold in both the SSB and TSB catalogues have grown them since they were offered by Sensi.
Auto-flowering Cannabis Seeds!
No growing questions by PM, please!
Morphote View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote Morphote Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 December 2010 at 07:49
Originally posted by sarah louise

Oh dear, another one.

Another what? Say what you have to say.

M.
Morphote View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote Morphote Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 December 2010 at 07:57
Originally posted by Ganja

He's mentioned frequently in the SSB catalogue and his many achievements are lauded.

This doesn't mean that anyone using the name Nevil can rewrite cannabis history to suit their own ends. This isn't a religion.

And, frankly, using Nevil's name or vague association to legitimise incorrect claims or make short-term profits seems to display a lot less respect for the man and the community at large than challenging those incorrect claims.

If I did not believe it was Nevil, then I would agree with you. I believe he is who he says he is. Shanti has come forward and confirmed it. I don't see anyone (including you) saying Shanti is a liar. Or are you? I don't see anyone in any position (outside of Shanti) to say if it is or isn't Nevil. Do you know something I don't?

M.
Ganja View Drop Down
Sensi Administrator
Sensi Administrator

Quote Ganja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 December 2010 at 15:29
Quite probably.

But I don't really care who it is. The claim at the start of this thread is bullshit, no matter who said it.

Jack Herer, SSh and Diesel are not 'the same clone'. Simple as that.

I notice on the MNS thread that the claim was changed to "a plant that I used to refer to as diesel", not the famous US strain or the Soma NYCD. That could mean any strain and pretty much confirms what i originally said.
Auto-flowering Cannabis Seeds!
No growing questions by PM, please!
munzy View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote munzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 December 2010 at 21:41

Originally posted by sarah louise

Oh dear, another one.

Another what? Say what you have to say.

M.
i think she already has lol
ANDWHAT
munzy View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote munzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 December 2010 at 21:42

Originally posted by Ganja

If I did not believe it was Nevil, then I would agree with you. I believe he is who he says he is. Shanti has come forward and confirmed it. I don't see anyone (including you) saying Shanti is a liar. Or are you? I don't see anyone in any position (outside of Shanti) to say if it is or isn't Nevil. Do you know something I don't?

M.
ha reminds me of sparticus
ANDWHAT
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 7>