Cannabis Forum > Sensi Seeds > Seeds, Genes & Strains
  Sensi Cannabis Seeds Sensi Shop  Sensi Newsletter Newsletter  Cannabis & Marijuana Photos Cannabis Photos  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

jack herer

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 7>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
alecky View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote alecky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 December 2010 at 07:14
Im sure creating strains for sensi while he worked there was part of his job description?Just like he is trying to create something new at mns,its in his interest to do so.

Or do ya think he was somehow forced to do things for sensiseeds, then sack him and take all the credit?I dont know much about it but i taught i read he left sensi of his own accord?

Or was he like the tea boy or something, that did a bit of breeding on the side,and sensi stole his work?I dont see what the issue is?He had a job to do, that he did very well.

Nevil at mns said SSH,JH and DIESEL are the same cutting,thats just too hard to believe,thats why i, amongst many on many forums,including mns forums,asked is this true,and indeed, IMO that statement is what put doubt as to wether this was really nevil posting.

Its such a crazy thing to say!!Whats even more crazy is most people at mns just believed this statement!

Do you think its the same cutting morphote?

"Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds"
Ganja View Drop Down
Sensi Administrator
Sensi Administrator

Quote Ganja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 December 2010 at 12:00
That's a pretty sad and transparent attempt to stir up 'controversy', morphote.

As Sara points out, my response is pretty well covered in my "i don't care who said it, bullshit is bullshit" post.

Mind your manners or post elsewhere.
Auto-flowering Cannabis Seeds!
No growing questions by PM, please!
Morphote View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote Morphote Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 January 2011 at 06:55
I'll let you know when I'm being rude. You let me know when you can prove it isn't Nevil.

I don't think it's the same cutting, no. But I also don't think we know what Nevil's talking about. Don't forget, he knows things most others don't. He created SSH. JH came out of a batch of SSH he created, according to him. Sensi should be able to confirm or deny this. I do believe JH and SSH are related. I also believe that Diesel could easily come from within the SSH family. I could be wrong, but either way I would never question Nevil, even if I don't like him very much. He was there. We weren't. That much I do respect. Were you there Ganja? You claim to know something we don't. Do tell.

To be clear I'm not trying to stir anything up. I'm really trying to find out if you do in fact know anything about this particular situation. If you don't, just say so. If you do, spill it.

M.
Ganja View Drop Down
Sensi Administrator
Sensi Administrator

Quote Ganja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 January 2011 at 10:26
Not rude. Tiresome. There's a difference, however trifling.

Jack Herer was created long before SSH. JH was released several years after Nevil ceased association with Sensi Seed Bank. This is easy to look up. As is the fact that SSH came years later. Not controversial points at all.

SHH is generally agreed to be an attempt to recreate Jack Herer from similar parent plants for GH. Again, easy to look up.

Originally posted by morphote

but either way I would never question Nevil, even if I don't like him very much.

I love the slightly cultist mindset. Very strange. I sometimes visit that forum just to wonder at people's eagerness to be part of something. I think it taps into a similar thing to fanatically supporting sports teams.

It would be easy enough to turn the question round and point out that most Jack Herer info comes from Alan and a lot of cannabis history from Alan, Ben and Eddie who were there, were you? etc etc. But it's irrelevant whether you 'believe' these points or not. Facts are facts. The faithful have faith.

As it happens I wasn't here in the mid 80s, but I did arrive in Dam at about the same time as Shanti. I've met most of the people even peripherally involved in the discussion, but again, that's irrelevant.

For the record, I think Nevil is a top bloke. He played a big part in the modern breeding scene, and while it's foolish to think it wouldn't be here without him (or any single major figure), it would be significantly different without his input. He fudges some facts/history for his own purposes, or because certain info is nobody else's business, but that's no skin off my nose.

I'm more inclined to think that Nevil is answering posts since having a scan through one of the breeding topics. There were a few Internet Experts trying to have a go at him for 'genetic bottlenecking' and asking if it wasn't his responsibility to breed in a certain way in order to preserve the cannabis genome or some such pompous nonsense.

Other forum members reacted predictably with "how dare you question?", while Nevil mostly ignored them or responded with a laconic "piss off, you don't know what you're on about" (I'm paraphrasing) which I thought was the perfect response. The accusations were tosh and demonstrated that the 'accusers' didn't really have a clue, so why even bother explaining to them why they were wrong?

So that, to me, is a pretty good indicator that Nevil is answering posts. It sounds like him and has the appropriate attitude.

Nevertheless, the claim that "they're all the same clone" or that Jack Herer is a descendant of SSH is simply bullshit, no matter who says it.
Morphote View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote Morphote Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 January 2011 at 17:35
Thank you for answering Ganja. Again, I was not trying to stir anything. No disrespect intended mate.

M.
Ganja View Drop Down
Sensi Administrator
Sensi Administrator

Quote Ganja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 January 2011 at 18:11
Fair enough! Everyone's happy then.
Auto-Question-Bot View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Auto-Question-Bot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 January 2011 at 20:27
tbh who really cares?
Morphote View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote Morphote Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 January 2011 at 20:32
I hope you see the irony and humor in you even taking the time to post that. I know I do.

M.
breizh ganja View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote breizh ganja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 January 2011 at 20:36
where there is weed lovers;there is passion words!! psychosis and the important is the peace join at the end and see you later!
Rémi Gaillard...take a look !
Morphote View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote Morphote Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 January 2011 at 20:42
I'll agree with that.

M.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 7>