Cannabis Forum > Sensi Seeds > Growing Archives > Lighting
  Sensi Cannabis Seeds Sensi Shop  Sensi Newsletter Newsletter  Cannabis & Marijuana Photos Cannabis Photos  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Growing by LEDs

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Randy Koltrane View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Randy Koltrane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Growing by LEDs
    Posted: 09 September 2005 at 15:17
In space shutles they grow food with led lights.
Has any one tryed that on hemp?
I think less power needed, no heat problem and u can change the spectrum of the light for vegetate grow to flowering spectrum.
Covering all walls and sailing with leds.

bad english
mas420 View Drop Down
Sensi Grower
Sensi Grower

Quote mas420 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 September 2005 at 17:14

Space shutles??? LED Lights to grow bud?? That sounds totally spaced out dude.... Is that some NASA weed growing project out in space?

Let me know if that will work or not...

Peace...  By the time my grandson be my age now. They will probably be able to grow some carzy bud out in space..."SpaceDro"

Give me your fRuit CoCktail ..Bia-tch
Ganja View Drop Down
Sensi Administrator
Sensi Administrator

Quote Ganja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 September 2005 at 17:27

I think they were doing experiments with growing under LEDs on the international space station.

I don't know if they were able to actually produce food, or if they were just trying to demonstrate that plants can be grown in zero G, with low powered lights.

LEDs have improved enormously in the last few years, but I'm not sure if they're yet able to pump out enough light to effectively flower cannabis. There's a pretty big difference between enough light for certain plants to survive and and enough light for cananbis to flower.

Still, these sorts of technologies usually advance in leaps and bounds, so I wouldn't be surprised if it was possible to grow with LEDs in the future. Keep watching the skies!

I'm still wondering what happened to 'sulphur bulbs'. They were supposed to be able to revolutionise indoor growing, then they disappeared. Hmmmmm

Auto-flowering Cannabis Seeds!
No growing questions by PM, please!
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Randy Koltrane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 September 2005 at 12:50
maybe astronauts are high all time long and growing weed at space station.
cops cannot come there with suprise

nice sunday
Ganja View Drop Down
Sensi Administrator
Sensi Administrator

Quote Ganja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2005 at 01:52
I wonder how many cannabis plants would be required per astronaut to recyle their CO2 back to oxygen?

I guess you'd have to keep them on a near constant veg cycle, to maximise their CO2 period, and use the fewest plants for the job.

Maybe some sort of high-THC ruderalis hybrid, that would flower regardless of the light cycle. Zero-G THC...

Plants could probably perform other functions, like cleaning water and breaking down solid waste.

Cannabis would be a good choice, as one of the most vigourous plants around.

And think of the potential for serious sunlight in space. You wouldn't need LEDs if you angled your garden right.
Auto-flowering Cannabis Seeds!
No growing questions by PM, please!
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Randy Koltrane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 September 2005 at 10:20
Yeaah

that's truth

Orbiting greenhouse. What a vacation.

What a discussion.

maybe it should be in smokers lounge.
Hetus View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote Hetus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 October 2005 at 09:05
Nice topic. Space cadets in high.

About those leds, nasa has allready developed method for space growing.

first step was the aero. (Have you ever thinken, that where the idea of aero had come.) Aero is the only possibility to grow in zero-g (I think).

Second step was the lights. As we know lights need massive amount og energy. It is possible that lights would need meny times more electricity than the shuttle it self. Leds were answer to this. Leds can be used in growing, but there has to be many of them. Possibly 50-100 or even more. Half of the leds must be red and other half must be blue. As you know, that cowers the needed spectre of lite.

I think that some one have tried this, so if enyone finds pictures or grow reports, let us know. I havent found any, but I am quite interested to see would it be worth of trying.
Hämäryys on avaruus!

Translation.
Weirdnes is spacenes!
Hetus View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote Hetus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 October 2005 at 09:20
http://ledgrowlights.com/growing-with-leds_txt.htm
Hämäryys on avaruus!

Translation.
Weirdnes is spacenes!
 Post Reply Post Reply