Cannabis Forum > Hash Marihuana & Hemp Museum > CannaMyths
  Sensi Cannabis Seeds Sensi Shop  Sensi Newsletter Newsletter  Cannabis & Marijuana Photos Cannabis Photos  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

12. It is possible to O.D.on cannabis

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
seeroseero View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower
J5R

Quote seeroseero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 12. It is possible to O.D.on cannabis
    Posted: 15 July 2004 at 11:07
Animal tests have revealed that extremely high doses of cannabinoids are needed to have lethal effect. This has led scientists to conclude that the ratio of the amount of cannabinoids necessary to get a person intoxicated (i.e., stoned) relative to the amount necessary to kill them is 1 to 40,000. In other words, to overdose, you would have to consume 40,000 times as much marijuana as you needed to get stoned. In contrast, the ratio for alcohol varies between 1 to 4 and 1 to 10. It is easy to see how upwards of 5000 people die from alcohol overdoses every year and no one EVER dies of marijuana overdoses.

Edited by administrator on 15 July 2004 at 10:53
microserf View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote microserf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 October 2004 at 00:04
very intresting ^_^
Etneranl Sunshine Of the spotless mind
Ganja View Drop Down
Sensi Administrator
Sensi Administrator

Quote Ganja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 October 2004 at 11:47

I have been reliably informed that the a lethal dose of cannabis can be calculated thus:

50g of cannabs per 1kg of subject's body-weight,

Administered to the subject by means of dropping it on their head from a height of 100m.

Auto-flowering Cannabis Seeds!
No growing questions by PM, please!
SydBarrett420 View Drop Down
Sensi Grower
Sensi Grower

Quote SydBarrett420 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 August 2005 at 23:25
Originally posted by Ganja

I have been reliably informed that the a lethal dose of cannabis can be calculated thus:

50g of cannabs per 1kg of subject's body-weight,

Administered to the subject by means of dropping it on their head from a height of 100m.

That was very entertaining

LEGALIZE IT.
dankbud View Drop Down
Sensi Grower
Sensi Grower

Quote dankbud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2005 at 21:48

lmao that is prolly the only way possible to die from it other than lung cancer from smoking too long cuz if you think about it even if u can overdose on it you would pass out WAY before you even got half-way close to overdosing plus you would prolly have to be smoking constantly for like a week straight...like taking a hit every second during that time

i love how the government/police/ignorant people thinks were stoopid or something...which is the exact reason i talk to them and treat them like there little kids...they seem to like it a lot.

one day there gonna realize it...they need us.

Indivine View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote Indivine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 August 2009 at 13:56
lol, even the surgeon general way back when said cannabis is less dangerous than foods we eat everyday... like potatoes... and should be decriminalized. they'll never wake up. but whatever, they'll win the WOD someday.
CosmicCharley View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote CosmicCharley Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 October 2009 at 23:18
Hey guys new here and glad to be. I thought it was called a LD50 Test to determine a lethal dose.
Tests are usually done on rats, ya? we figure the only way to kill a rat with cannabis is 20 pounds dropped from 20 feet.
DriveBy View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote DriveBy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2009 at 15:54
You should eat 13 kilos weed at once to create lethal overdose Ive heard
bartmanuk View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote bartmanuk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2009 at 18:17
Originally posted by DriveBy

You should eat 13 kilos weed at once to create lethal overdose Ive heard

going on the first post, that would mean you need 0.325 grams to get stoned, lol

BM %3ceed%20leaf
I grow weed for my own use and feel no guilt over it.If you want to arrest me,fine,thats your job.My aim is to put real criminals out of business by refusing to pay into the illegal distribution scene
fuzzyhash View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote fuzzyhash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2010 at 00:36
I've hard that too!!

Great post! Sometimes you just need numerical evidence to shut ignorant idiots up!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>