Cannabis Forum > Hash Marihuana & Hemp Museum > CannaMyths
  Sensi Cannabis Seeds Sensi Shop  Sensi Newsletter Newsletter  Cannabis & Marijuana Photos Cannabis Photos  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

11. Thousands of chemicals in smoke

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
seeroseero View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower
J5R

Quote seeroseero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 11. Thousands of chemicals in smoke
    Posted: 15 July 2004 at 11:08
Again, true but misleading. The 31 August 1990 issue of the magazine Science notes that of the over 800 volatile chemicals present in roasted COFFEE, only 21 have actually been tested on animals and 16 of these cause cancer in rodents. Yet, coffee remains legal and is generally considered fairly safe.
dankbud View Drop Down
Sensi Grower
Sensi Grower

Quote dankbud Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 September 2005 at 01:59

i got a few questions...

how many chemicals are in marijuana?

how many have been tested?

what were the results?

and,

what is the comparison to everyday legal substances used at home by the average human(as in as u said coffee,.. soda and even candy), and the semi-legal ones like tobacco and alcohol?

i just got some feeling that marijuana isnt even gonna compare to the tobacco and alcohol and what i don't get is why the government has to pick marijuana out of all other substances...for all they know they prolly got some kind of candy sitting on the shelves of grocery stores that got 20 times more harmful chemicals in them compared to marijuana, and there letting little kids eat this, just becuz they spend all there time trying to find "bad" info on marijuana and not spending any time on the most common of used substances...

thanks for any info

CowardlyCustard View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote CowardlyCustard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 January 2016 at 23:19
approximately 420 active compounds in the plants discovered by turner et al.(1980) and another 200+ in the smoke discovered by Sparacino et al.(1990). this should answer any questions you have regarding the chemistry you would like to know about.

http://files.iowamedicalmarijuana.org/science/misc/McPartland-Russo-JCANT%201%283-4%29-2001.pdf

i remember reading somewhere that cigarette smoke has 4000 different chemicals in it
Nec Plus Ultra
 Post Reply Post Reply