Cannabis Forum > Sensi Seeds > Indoor Growing
  Sensi Cannabis Seeds Sensi Shop  Sensi Newsletter Newsletter  Cannabis & Marijuana Photos Cannabis Photos  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

White diesel indoors - Advice please

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 891011>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
farmer mick View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote farmer mick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2010 at 13:15
Your compost mix sounds good. I don't think flushing will cause any problems, so it might be worth a try, but I think your plants are probably under-fed rather than over-fed.

High nitrogen levels in the soil will usually cause dark green leaves - some of which might distort into a claw shape. The leaf in your photo is not dark green, so I don't think this is a problem in your situation.

I'm not sure if Maxicrop and molasses contain the right balance of nutrients needed for a cannabis plant. You should really buy some nutrients designed for cannabis growing.

The problem you have is not terminal and should correct itself very quickly if you start feeding the plants properly. If you continue watering with plain water, you should add just enough for a trickle to emerge from the holes in the bottom of the pots. Any more than this will just leach nutrients from the soil.

"A rat race is for rats. We're not rats. We're human beings." - Jimmy Reid, RIP
stoneGrower View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote stoneGrower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2010 at 13:22
Thanks. I get you, but Cannabis nutrients - fox farm, bio bizz etc - aren't available where I'm from.

As far as the clawing/curling goes, there are some leaves that have exhibited this, though it wasn't prevalent enough to make me panic. My only way of feeding the plant would be to add a layer of worm compost. I have some NPK 20,20,20 fertilizer, but I've been tryign to grow this one organically. Also I'm worried that if I add the fertilizer, and the plant is actually overfed then It'll make matters worse.

Not sure if we're progressing, but any ideas would be appreciated. Most of my leaves are dark green, It's just the lights that make them look lighter. You think I should just flush the plants in a few days and see what happens? Or add 20,20,20 next time I water?
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote farmer mick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2010 at 14:02
Don't add 20-20-20 fertiliser to your plants. It's not the correct nutrient balance. I also think a layer of worm compost would be pointless. The nutrients need to be mixed throughout the soil, not on the surface.

The correct nutrients can easily be purchased over the Internet.

Organic growing usually involves mixing the soil with enough organic nutrients to last the plant for its entire lifetime. This is fine if you're growing in a field or a garden, but it's not really practical for potted cannabis plants, which will use up the nutrients in the soil very quickly.
Proteus View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Proteus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2010 at 14:56

Maybe you could try canna bio flores, its organic (according to the bottle) and its designed for flowering.

Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote farmer mick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2010 at 15:02
BioBizz nutes are also organic (ie derived from organic sources), but I think many eco-purists would sneer at the suggestion. Some of the hardline greenies believe it's not organic unless it's come straight from the arse of a living creature...
Proteus View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Proteus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2010 at 15:21
lol i have actually tryed to buy rotted manure but they would only deliver by the trailor load. Ease of use and control make liquid feeds the better choice anyway i think. I only suggested flores cause its what i use, it does the job well enough. Anyway im not convinced there is all that much wrong with stones plant but a full plant pic my reveal more.
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote stoneGrower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2010 at 15:33
Hey - will try and post a pic by tomorrow. The plant is only a little over 2 ft with CFLs, with thin green branches - like a plant rather than tree branches. however, the bud formation looks pretty decent, and flowering can potentially go on for another 5 weeks. I just need to be really careful and know for certain before I flush or add more nutes. To be honest right now my only way of feeding would be worm compost.

I was under the impression that deficiencies would show first on the fan leaves rather than branch and bud leaves. This phosphorus deficiency, if that's what it is, is showing on leaves connected to branches where the buds are forming. One of the affected leaves is even a little frosted. Is it bad news if these symptoms begin to show on leaves other than the fan leaves attached to the main stem?

Overall the plant looks healthy, if a little shorter than I would expect 4 weeks into flowering. there is a chance I stunted the plant during veg so I wouldn't be too quick to conclude that the plant is underfed.
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote farmer mick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2010 at 16:08
Any leaf that isn't growing directly out of a bud is a fan leaf, it doesn't matter if the leaf is growing from the stem or from a branch. Fan leaves develop during veg and the first couple of weeks of flowering. After that, the plant will grow buds with smaller leaves protruding from them.

It is important for the fan leaves to stay healthy and green if you want to get the maximum harvest. Plants need them to convert light to food via photosynthesis. Sometimes the older leaves at the bottom of the plant will die off naturally as the plant focuses its energy into the leaves that are closer to the light source. This is normal and is nothing to worry about.

Like I said earlier, the problem you are experiencing on some leaves is fairly minor at the moment, but it will only get worse if the plants are not being fed properly.

I really don't know anything about the nutrient properties of Maxicrop and molasses (they might be perfect for your needs for all I know). However, what I do know is that flowering cannabis plants need a nutrient mix that has fairly high levels of Phosphorous (P) and Potassium (K) and relatively low levels of Nitrogen (N).

You should be able to find something with these properties in any gardening shop.
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote stoneGrower Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2010 at 16:33
Well Maxicrop is basically a root stimulant. It increases root growth so that nutrient uptake is increased. the bottle doesn't have an NPK breakdown or anything of the sort. The main nutrient in molasses is Potassium plus some micronutrients. I've just heard that molasses slightly impacts the taste of the bud, not in a negative way though.

I just felt that if my compost had enough nitrogen to carry me through veg w/o fertilizer, then it should have enough phosphorus to carry me through flowering. i did add a small amount of chicken bonemeal to the soil several weeks back. Overall the pleant looks healthy with the exception of some lower foliage and brown tips/edges/spots. the leaves aren't droopy, and the newest growth looks great. Wouldn't that also be affected if the soil was depleted of nutrients? also I'm able to notice an increase in bud size every day, so formation is taking place.

Another thing to note - before Iincreased my watering amount I was only giving the plant 300ml or so every 3 days. So i'd imagine there was a lot of dry soil in the pot and the nutrients never got fully used up. Could it be that ever since I've increased to 2-3 liters per watering the water is carrying more nutrients and now all the roots have access to them, which, is resulting in slight overfeeding symptoms? Just an idea, please let me know if it sounds sensible.
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote farmer mick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2010 at 17:41
I'm not sure I can add any more to this thread to be honest. If the plant is doing okay, then you don't need to change anything. If you think it is getting sick, then I've explained several possible reasons for this...

There is bucketloads of info on the Internet about growing cannabis. You're gonna have to decide for yourself what the best thing to do is.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 891011>