Cannabis Forum > Hash Marihuana & Hemp Museum > Recipes
  Sensi Cannabis Seeds Sensi Shop  Sensi Newsletter Newsletter  Cannabis & Marijuana Photos Cannabis Photos  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Homebrewing with Hemp

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
pam View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote pam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Homebrewing with Hemp
    Posted: 01 October 2010 at 12:59
Hullo there! i wondered if anyone has had a go at using plants in homebrewing; specifically in wine-making? The reason I ask, is that I'm going to have a lot of stem left, once my plants are cut for drying. That's because they're really leggy and tall. I wondered about starting a quick-fermenting wine like rice and raisen because the contents stay in a bucket for a long time, rather than being decanted into a demi-john quicker...how to get the stalks out, even if they are chopped?... I think that THC will break down in alcohol ok, so has anyone tried brewing like this? I know you can make tinctures too, i'm guessing that you'd soak in spirit but to be honest, I think that might be too much of a strong combination for what i'm hoping to try. Any and all thoughts / advice appreciated! x
Ganja View Drop Down
Sensi Administrator
Sensi Administrator

Quote Ganja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2010 at 13:36
I have not a clue about wine-making. I think the hemp wines and beers I have tried (0% THC) used leaves in the fermentation process (leaves from industrial hemp, not the psychoactive kind).

Any THC present in the stems should dissolve in the alcohol as it is created, but remember that there's little or no THC in the stem. Some top-shelf weed strains like Jack Herer do produce a light coating of resin glands on the green upper stem, but even these have no cannabinoid content in the woody parts.

If you want to make wine with THC content, it's better to use the small leaves manicured from the buds, which often have a lot of resin. I'm not sure stem will even add a pleasant flavour, and I'm almost certain it won't add any cannabis high to the end product.
Auto-flowering Cannabis Seeds!
No growing questions by PM, please!
pam View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote pam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2010 at 13:56
ok, thanks for that! as a use for an end-product, brewing would've been fine but if, as you say, the exercise would be pretty ueless then i'll stick to just the smoking!
Ganja View Drop Down
Sensi Administrator
Sensi Administrator

Quote Ganja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2010 at 14:28
There's not a lot that can be done with stems, apart from composting them.

If you were thinking about making an alcohol tincture, stems might be of use. As mentioned, the lower, woody section of the main stem will have nothing to offer, but there might be just enough alcohol-soluble cannabinoid on the upper green stems to concentrate in a solution. Basically, any section of stem from which buds grew might be useful for a tincture.
Auto-flowering Cannabis Seeds!
No growing questions by PM, please!
pam View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote pam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 October 2010 at 17:08
thats great, thanks again!
snoopy85 View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote snoopy85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 October 2010 at 01:30
I have put a recipe for cannabeer in the section...enjoy
snoopy85 View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote snoopy85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 October 2010 at 02:16
and too one for wine which is very simple to make at home

and maybee u like this here too

cannabis gin,pretty easy

pam View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote pam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 October 2010 at 11:24
i had a look at your recipes, thank you! the balloon trick is a really neat idea!
 Post Reply Post Reply