Cannabis Forum > Sensi Seeds > Outdoor Growing
  Sensi Cannabis Seeds Sensi Shop  Sensi Newsletter Newsletter  Cannabis & Marijuana Photos Cannabis Photos  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Bud-rot....or what?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
trickydicky View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote trickydicky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bud-rot....or what?
    Posted: 04 October 2010 at 17:31
Hi to all growers out there in Sensiland. Can you guys have a look at these pics....and tell me if I'm looking at bud-rot / botrytis / grey mould.....or what? 

Got 20 plants on the go and I don't want this to spread, so for the moment I've quaranteened this lady.  Don't know what strain she is (she's from a Sensi pack of Fem mix) but I would say she's sativa anyway.  Grown outdoor all her life in a pot. She's around 20 weeks old, been flowering for 4 weeks and she has been putting on some good bud lately. I would think she's 2 - 3 weeks away from optimal maturity.

What do you reckon? Should I cut away all the affected buds and just hope it doesn't spread to the rest of the plant or should I cut my losses and chop her now?
Cheers....in anticipation of someones words of wisdom!!
TD.

?????????? View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote ?????????? Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2010 at 01:25
Looks like bud rot to me. Sorry bought the loss. Better have some one else respond. It gets a little tough for a response around here. Good luck
chocolatethai View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote chocolatethai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2010 at 08:58
im having a bit of bud rott aswell latley , only thing you can do is chop the buds that are starting to rott/mold before it starts to spread, chop the hole bud if it has rott not just the rotting part or it will just come back the best thing to do is to just chop the whole rotted bud/buds off completely even though it sounds sick its better than having it spread and it does spread very quickly.
the only thing you can realy do to stop getting more rott is to bring the plants inside when it rains or if you cant do that just shake them after a day of rain to get the most of it off.
i think you should chop that rotting bud out strait away and if it starts to get any worse maybe just harvest the plant before you lose any more.
Ganja View Drop Down
Sensi Administrator
Sensi Administrator

Quote Ganja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 October 2010 at 10:40
Looks like grey mould/botrytis to me.

Best thing to do is cut off the infected section. Might be best to cover the top part with a plastic bag, then cut the stem a few cm below the infection. The plastic bag should reduce the amount of fungus spores released into the air when the stem is cut. Seal the bag and take it far away from the living crop for disposal.

Realistically, if the botrytis has reached this stage, there are probably plenty of spores in the room. This won't automatically lead to new outbreaks - the spores till need to find a weak or susceptible area to grow - but keep a close eye on all other plants between now and harvest time.
Auto-flowering Cannabis Seeds!
No growing questions by PM, please!
pam View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote pam Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 October 2010 at 15:20
glad to see this post and comiserations! i found this brown rot on the top of one of my plant's branches today. i was ging to cut out the affected part but it was hard to see where the rot ended and hadnt spread. the whole bud was really sticky, the good part i mean, so i lopped the whole thing off as i thought i'd do more damage trying to prune it.

the spider-mite problem i got advised of on here last week seemed ok after i took off the affected leaves but after not checking the plants for a couple of days, i noticed some webbing amongst the flowers. that plant had to come out too although the flowers were turning reddish, so hopefully not too much development time left there maybe?

in the couple of days i didn't see my plants too, i was amazed at the sudden change of colour of the flowers from white to red; i thought it would have been a more gradual process than it was. of the remaining plants, most have flkowers changing colour too, so almost the end of a successful season. :-) 

martiniGR View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote martiniGR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 November 2010 at 20:02
Cause could be waterspraying over the plants during flowering or
cutting away of leaves in the bud ( never do that )

Some say friends do not exist, we cant make words for things that do not exist...
Willie van het Kerkhof, Groningen NL
martiniGR View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote martiniGR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 November 2010 at 08:56
If grown in a pot: make more holes in the potbottom
Some say friends do not exist, we cant make words for things that do not exist...
chocolatethai View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote chocolatethai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2010 at 04:43
what is the best way of making water hash with bud~rott infected buds? will bubble bags work or is there a better/easyer way of doing it? i have loads of them...
martiniGR View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote martiniGR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2010 at 05:42
The pics show a plant with no white hairs, the plant should be harvested a few weeks ago
 Post Reply Post Reply