Cannabis Forum > Sensi Seeds > Indoor Growing
  Sensi Cannabis Seeds Sensi Shop  Sensi Newsletter Newsletter  Cannabis & Marijuana Photos Cannabis Photos  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

ph ec issues

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
munzy View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote munzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2010 at 22:58
thought you was in soil?? have you changed to coco? if so youll need some coco specific nutes
ANDWHAT
Salgado View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Salgado Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 October 2010 at 23:07
no I'm in soil Munz. What is worrying me is the PH amount now. Does Ph downer has some effect if letted stand for some hours? I read It only takes about a couple of minutes to make effect.
"Every time I plant a seed, he said kill it before it grow, he said kill them before they grow. And so I shot him down..."
Auto-Question-Bot View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Auto-Question-Bot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 October 2010 at 23:43
canna website i think says no more ph down than 1ml to 1 litre ill check again soon
mellow View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote mellow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2010 at 01:40
hey , i was thinking that ph is basicly acid or alkaline, so to bring it down you want acid. why not go for natural stuff like lemonjucie or vinegar? would they work/be less harmfull?
anyone tried these?
munzy View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote munzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 October 2010 at 22:26
yes they work but only for a very short period. sal i have found that if left to stand overnight i use less ph down, yes it does work instantly, but to instantly get to my desired ph level i will use more ph down?. the ph will start to rise again about 60 hrs(approx)after ph adjustment.  also i keep my nute solution at 19c, not sure if this will have any bearing ,hey sal arent ph levels a bit higher when growing in soil????
ANDWHAT
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Auto-Question-Bot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 October 2010 at 00:42
funny that i did a wwater today straight from tap without runnin it first and i found that i had to use more ph down to get a ph to 5.8 than when i normally let it run, so next time im gonna run water and leave to stand before i add feed and sort ph
Salgado View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Salgado Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 October 2010 at 22:52
Originally posted by munzy

yes they work but only for a very short period. sal i have found that if left to stand overnight i use less ph down, yes it does work instantly, but to instantly get to my desired ph level i will use more ph down?. the ph will start to rise again about 60 hrs(approx)after ph adjustment.  also i keep my nute solution at 19c, not sure if this will have any bearing ,hey sal arent ph levels a bit higher when growing in soil????

Thx for the answer Munz. I'm gonna do a lil test on thursday or in the weekend. I'll mix some nutes and water and see if the PH lows.

Honestly I have to give you reason. I think I'm lowering it too much. Gonna use 6.2 from now on and see what happens. Reading a bit and see some opinions like 6.0-6.5. Guess I'll stick into 6.2.
"Every time I plant a seed, he said kill it before it grow, he said kill them before they grow. And so I shot him down..."
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Auto-Question-Bot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2010 at 00:38
well im sure canna boost lowers ph i clould be wrong it might be rhizotonic
farmer mick View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote farmer mick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2010 at 01:00
Hey Salgado, if you're growing in soil, you really don't need to worry about pH levels. Potting soil will almost always have some substance added to it (usually lime) to stabilise the pH between 6.5 and 7. Your tap water at 7.2 should have no effect on this whatsoever.

When growing in soil, it is the pH of the soil that matters, not the pH of the nutrient solution. As long as you use fresh soil for every grow, you really shouldn't have any problems with pH. With hydroponics, there is no soil, so the pH of the nutrient solution is much more important.

Soil is a living ecosystem, packed with beneficial bacteria and fungi. It regulates itself pretty well. That's why growing in soil is so much more forgiving than growing hydroponically. Cannabis will be perfectly happy in soil with a pH anywhere from 5.5 to 7, but most experts agree that somewhere around 6.2 is best for maximum growth.

This is an interesting article that explains how lime buffers the pH of soil: http://www.ncw.wsu.edu/treefruit/soil/lime.htm

"A rat race is for rats. We're not rats. We're human beings." - Jimmy Reid, RIP
Salgado View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Salgado Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2010 at 02:33
Thx Farmer Mick for your input it cleared me out about some questions and the article is really interesting as you said.

One thing that called my attention was that fact that a soil with PH 4 is 100 times more acidic than a soil with PH 6!!!

I'm sticking to 6.2 now and waiting for some smoke

Sal
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>