Cannabis Forum > Sensi Seeds > Indoor Growing
  Sensi Cannabis Seeds Sensi Shop  Sensi Newsletter Newsletter  Cannabis & Marijuana Photos Cannabis Photos  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

ph ec issues

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
farmer mick View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote farmer mick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2010 at 03:01
No problem Salgado. I think a lot of people on this forum over-complicate the process of growing cannabis in soil. I have a cheap pH meter for measuring soil pH, but I haven't used it for about five years because - quite frankly - it is not a necessary piece of equipment. Just use fresh soil with every grow and you should never have pH issues.

Also, I never have and never will use an EC meter. After a couple of grows, you will develop an instinct for how much to feed your plants. I measure my feeds by eye. If the plants look a little underfed, I increase the dosage on the next feed. If the leaves have burned tips, I reduce the dosage. I usually give my plants plain water on every fourth feed, just to avoid potential nutrient build-ups in the soil

Simples...
"A rat race is for rats. We're not rats. We're human beings." - Jimmy Reid, RIP
Salgado View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Salgado Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2010 at 23:19
I intend to grow in coco the next time. I was going to do it on this grow but I still had some BioBizz stuff so I decided to use it instead of simply storing it.

This grow I'm giving 2/3 of the dosage in the feeding schedule and the plants seem nice. No tip burn by now but I think I'll have to buy an EC meter if I'll really plan to grow in coco next time.

I have to agree that to the eyes of an expert some people might complicate but I also have to say that an expert must sometimes understand the non-experts.

Não achas?
"Every time I plant a seed, he said kill it before it grow, he said kill them before they grow. And so I shot him down..."
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote farmer mick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2010 at 23:52
I wouldn't call myself an expert Salgado. But cheers for the compliment. %3cmile I have a few years experience under my belt, which helps to develop an understanding of the plants' needs. Growing in soil really isn't complicated at all. Or at least it's no more complicated than growing any other species of plant.

I've seen a few posts on the forum where people are talking about purchasing all this expensive equipment that is unnecessary for soil-growers. In my opinion (and it is just my opinion - others may disagree), you don't need a pH meter or an EC meter when growing in soil. I've been doing just fine without them.

Hydroponics (including coco) is a different story and I would definitely recommend that anyone growing hydroponically should invest in a pH meter and an EC meter.
Salgado View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Salgado Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2010 at 01:12
Honestly I think that when a unexperienced grower "arrives" to the forum and sees some world class grows and sees all the equipment implied in the process they got be thinking they must buy all that stuff.

People arrive here wanting the more and the better weed as possible and they want to grow with perfect conditions. I admit I want to give my plants the best stuff.

In example my grow room ain't finished yet and when I'l buy the rest stuff I'll buy the top quality materials. I Won't spend more money in shit that in the overall gets pretty expensive!
"Every time I plant a seed, he said kill it before it grow, he said kill them before they grow. And so I shot him down..."
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote farmer mick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2010 at 01:41
I totally understand what you're saying Salgado. To be honest, that's why I joined in on this thread. I just want to let new growers know that you do not need all this equipment.

I'm a big believer in keeping my operation as simple as possible.
Proteus View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Proteus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2010 at 02:06
Growing on coco is too complicated for me :) all those measurings and stuff. The only reason i can see to come off soil is because its a pain in the ass to move around and tbh expensive for what it is.
munzy View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote munzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2010 at 10:56
for me coco is so easy, yes you got to spend a couple of hundered quid on meters but the results blast soil into touch there is no comparison IMO
ANDWHAT
Auto-Question-Bot View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Auto-Question-Bot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2010 at 01:14
coco hard lol its piss easy as soon as you know how to ph and ec, i was gonna try something else next but i aint movin its got to be coco next, ec bluelab 65 quid essentials ph pen 37 quid cheap as chips, no moulding in soil soil born pests i think you shud try it proteus if i can do it im sure you can
Proteus View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Proteus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2010 at 01:21

Dont you have to constantly measure your PH on coco? Too much trouble:)  if i do go soiless it will most likely be aeroponic. I been gving consideration to building something myself but tbh, im lazy :) Im really good at good ideas but actually making a functional aero setup is another matter. I been looking at the amazon but i dont like the way the holes on the top are set up. All the stuff i look at i always find some reason why i dont like it and just fall back on soil. I have actually been thinking about a test grow on sponge.

Auto-Question-Bot View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Auto-Question-Bot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2010 at 23:30
wahts 1 min to test ph make feed day before ph 5.7 feed next day ph will be 5.8 even day after 5.9 i still feed with that easy pal you wont regret it trust me
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>