Cannabis Forum > Sensi Seeds > Outdoor Growing
  Sensi Cannabis Seeds Sensi Shop  Sensi Newsletter Newsletter  Cannabis & Marijuana Photos Cannabis Photos  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Bud Recovery!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
chrissyblaze View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote chrissyblaze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bud Recovery!!
    Posted: 24 October 2010 at 23:42
Does any body out there know what I can use to give my outdooor plants a last kick? We had a frost the other morning which has vissibly slowed growth. Max 2  weeks b4 to late.
My babies were going to great guns. Then I found mould. Straight out, caught it in time and am now smoking it. Very nice! but lacking the final 2 weeks. Still got 4 scraggly oz. Been using bio so the fact that I hadn't flushed doesn't matter to much.
Any ideas????%3coving%20it
Chris, Chris The Lemon Man
snoopy85 View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote snoopy85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 October 2010 at 22:32

I would use ghe rippen that they get their final potencial

chrissyblaze View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote chrissyblaze Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 October 2010 at 06:39
Eh?????
Chris, Chris The Lemon Man
munzy View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote munzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2010 at 11:49
man dont smoke bud rot buds not good for the lungs
ANDWHAT
Auto-Question-Bot View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Auto-Question-Bot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 November 2010 at 23:16
just buy a bag of cancer
alecky View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote alecky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 November 2010 at 06:07
Munzy,jp i dont agree,smoking any buds, mouldy or not is not good for the lungs.I dont think smoking mouldy buds would do ya any more damage.

Not saying im right!!But we breathe in lots of fungus spores that are in the air and people eat mouldy cheese all the time.

Also i doubt any cashcropper would throw away a mouldy crop,they would sell it regardless, so id say we have all smoked mouldy buds at some stage that we bought from a dealer without even knowing it.

Having said that, i wouldnt smoke mouldy buds over non mouldy ones,but if there was nothing else id smoke them no problem.

Just my toughts on it.
"Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds"
Ganja View Drop Down
Sensi Administrator
Sensi Administrator

Quote Ganja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 November 2010 at 10:36
Yeah, I'd avoid smoking mouldy bud in most circumstances - if there was a lot of it, I'd make water hash, so I could just smoke nice, spore-free resin - but the stories that fungus on buds will harm humans are very much over-blown.

As mentioned above, we breath in spores every day without any chance of infection, so it's hard to see how spores from burning plant matter are going to pose a greater threat.

There are lung diseases associated with hemp and other fibre crops, but the people infected are usually working with huge quantities of decomposing plant matter, breathing millions upon millions of spores every day (and even then, fungal lung disease is pretty rare).

Also, fungus that grows on plant tissue is incredibly unlikely to be able to infect human/animal tissue.

And can you imagine what the anti-cannabis propaganda would be like if one person, ever, anywhere, got sick or died as a result of smoking mouldy weed? Death-by-fungus would be listed by D.A.R.E. and all the other nutcase anti-cannabis groups as one of the most likely outcomes of coming into contact with weed - just look at how every other danger associated with cannabis is blown wildly out of proportion.

To be clear, I'm not recommending that anyone should smoke mouldy (or otherwise compromised) cannabis - I'd avoid it 99% of the time. I'm just saying the idea that a bit of fungus will damage smokers' health is a vast exaggeration.
Auto-flowering Cannabis Seeds!
No growing questions by PM, please!
munzy View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote munzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 November 2010 at 10:56
regardless, i still would not smoke mouldy bud, and as to buying mouldy bud you will have to speak for yourself alecky.
ANDWHAT
farmer mick View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote farmer mick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 November 2010 at 17:33
I have smoked buds infected with a dry, white powdery substance (mildew) and I can say for a fact that I would never do it again. I have ashtma and it definitely affected my breathing.

http://www.ehow.com/how-does_4596290_mildew-cause-sickness.html

Also, surely buds infected with botrytis (bud rot) are unsmokable. Botrytis turns vegetation to slime. You might be able to make hash from them, but drying and smoking them is surely impossible... I am open to correction on this point.

A guy I used to buy weed off threw away around half a kilo of buds that got infected with a wispy grey mould while being stored in plastic bags. Honestly, if you saw the stuff you wouldn't touch it with a barge pole.

"A rat race is for rats. We're not rats. We're human beings." - Jimmy Reid, RIP
Ganja View Drop Down
Sensi Administrator
Sensi Administrator

Quote Ganja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 November 2010 at 17:59
Re your first paragraph, I wonder if that was from spores getting through the joint/smoking device, or an effect of burning the fungal matter and releasing new and interesting compounds? I suppose allergies might come into it, too.

Still, with the amount of mouldy/spore-dusted weed that must end up getting smoked every year - deliberately or accidentally - I have yet to hear of anyone being harmed by fungus in cannabis.

Fresh, botrytis-y buds are pretty much useless slime, but the ones I encountered in large quantities had been dried and half-manicured before it was noticed that all the main colas were shot through with grey mould - the stems within were sheathed in a 3-5mm coating of fungal 'fruit'.

I inherited the buds a long time later, by which point the mould was completely dried out too. If one had had the patience, it would have been possible to separate uncontaminated budlets from the infected colas, but most of the small samples I tried tasted nasty even though they displayed no sign of blight.

As mentioned elsewhere, these buds ended up making truly superb water hash, so since then I have been confident that water-assisted hash-making is the best use for moudly buds.

Interestingly, botrytis affects grapes and is, apparently, a recognised note of flavour in some wines and listed as one of the desirable elements in some wines' bouquet.
Auto-flowering Cannabis Seeds!
No growing questions by PM, please!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>