Cannabis Forum > Sensi Seeds > Growing Archives > Cultivation Problems
  Sensi Cannabis Seeds Sensi Shop  Sensi Newsletter Newsletter  Cannabis & Marijuana Photos Cannabis Photos  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Yellow leaves

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
muadib View Drop Down
Sensi Grower
Sensi Grower

Quote muadib Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Yellow leaves
    Posted: 19 September 2005 at 22:18
hi

some of my plants are getting Yellow leaves ?? Why ??

Greets Mua'Dib
mrnice View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote mrnice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 September 2005 at 22:37
is the drainage ok, if so is it overwatering? my last crop started going yellow and also the leaves started going "skragly" after i went away and a friend was left in charge of watering, are you growing in soil or rockwool? if soil then repot and allow for lots of drainage and also use loads of perlite, My babies were very little for thier age and looking pretty sorry for themselves until i did the above. Now 2 weeks on they are flourishing and looking lovely! ps if the bottom leaves are yellowing then dont worry about it but if it is the whole plant then immediate action is required. hope this helps but i could be wrong... remember let the pots dry out slightly before every watering this may help.
ScarletVixen(b) View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote ScarletVixen(b) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 September 2005 at 12:22
I agree with mrnice about overwatering, however under-watering can also cause this, as does over-feeding and under-feeding
muadib View Drop Down
Sensi Grower
Sensi Grower

Quote muadib Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 September 2005 at 18:12
@mrnice: only some leaves, the larges ones turned into yellow. The rest still looks fine. And it sonly the Sativas that has that problems. Strange. I will post a photo tommorrow, you can have alook then.

I grow in soil, i already put much perlites into the soil. But its my first season. I bet its overwartering then.

It gets really cold this days, and the past nights my plants had only 5 degree celcius over night. I am gonnna change that real soon. I hope they survive till then. Does some knows what the minimum temperature for hemp is ?

@fox337 what you mean with overfeeding ? too much fertilizers ?
seeroseero View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower
J5R

Quote seeroseero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 September 2005 at 14:38

Too much fertilizer can cause your problem. That, and in combination with, over watering.

fox337 said it could also be underfeeding. This you can test quite easily by using some of your fertilized water in a spray bottle and test it on one of the leaves.

Either way some definately seems unalanced. The temperature changes obviously do not work for your benefit.

Ciao, SeeroSeero

muadib View Drop Down
Sensi Grower
Sensi Grower

Quote muadib Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 September 2005 at 19:39
thx for ur help

I changed the pots, and at least one was smelling very very badly. Yak. I wouldnt smoke that.

So its def. overwatering !!!

My Problem is now that they loose more and more of their leaves.

Important question: Should I harvest now, or wait ? A plant with no leaves but only buds wont flower anylonger isnt it ?

Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower
J5R

Quote seeroseero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 September 2005 at 20:10

How much longer will they have to flower you think?

muadib View Drop Down
Sensi Grower
Sensi Grower

Quote muadib Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 September 2005 at 20:17
I grow 2 different plants. Look at my gallery,one Silver Pearl, one is shiva skunk.

One of them should be finished mid Oktober, the other should be ready at end of Oktober.

BUTTTTTTTT i didnt marked them
So i dont know which one is what. I planed to harvest "when the 75% is brown" , You know ?
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower
J5R

Quote seeroseero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 September 2005 at 20:34

Well, The flowering times are allmost similar so it shouldn't be too much of a problem.

75% is a good standard to keep.

If i'm not mistaken, the Silver Pearl is slightly darker than the Shiva Skunk. The Shiva Skunk however flowers a little longer than the Silver Pearl.

It's quite natural for the plant to drop some of it leaves, beginning with the bottom Fan leaves.

Keep a close eye

muadib View Drop Down
Sensi Grower
Sensi Grower

Quote muadib Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 September 2005 at 20:47
Ok, then all of my shivas are overwatered and they have to flower longer. Bingo, sh*t happens.

Ok all I can do know is waiting, and hope they will make it till end of Oktober.

>>It's quite natural for the plant
>>to drop some of it leaves,
>>beginning with the bottom Fan leaves.

Yep but not 5 or 6 leaves at one day ! I twont take long till I only see the flowers. Nearly all larger leaves are yellow, or gone.

Ok something has to go wrong at the first attempt to grow. I knew it. But anyway thanks for your help.

Next year is a new year, with enough sun for new plants.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>