Cannabis Forum > Hempflax > Environment
  Sensi Cannabis Seeds Sensi Shop  Sensi Newsletter Newsletter  Cannabis & Marijuana Photos Cannabis Photos  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

humidity

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
marty12345 View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote marty12345 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: humidity
    Posted: 08 January 2011 at 23:03
Hi growers,
I have a grow room 3feet x 5feet x 7feet high
keeping temp at 25/30c with small fan pulling in & an other pulling out with 3 bassins full of water in room 7 can only get humidity at 20/25.
The air outside has only a humidity of about 40 due to cold weather is this the reason?
this is the only thing i can think of ?????????????
Auto-Question-Bot View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Auto-Question-Bot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2011 at 11:43
i woulnt worry to much imo
mine ive veg humidity 50 per cent fine
now ive put em to flower the hygrometer humidity not displaying gone off scale, it did it on last grow to
so with low humidity make sure you water every day
and my plants turned out fine on last grow
TheUkOne View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote TheUkOne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 May 2011 at 20:57
how do you lower humidity indoors without a dehumidifier ??
Ganja View Drop Down
Sensi Administrator
Sensi Administrator

Quote Ganja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2011 at 11:20
Extractor fans - assuming the general humidity in the area is lower than the humidity inside the grow-room, then moist air will be removed and drier air will be drawn in.

There are also passive dehumidifiers available from many hardware stores which are used to help paint dry, absorb moisture in basements, etc. These are usually a large gel pellet inside a vented plastic container. The gel simply absorbs water from the atmosphere and gets larger and softer over time.

This is probably not a long-term solution, as a humid grow-room may cause the gel to reach its capacity quite quickly which means a new one must be bought (I think the pellets are one-use only) - but it could be helpful for bringing down humidity in an emergency, such as when nearly-ripe buds are in danger of succumbing to fungus due to humidity.
Auto-flowering Cannabis Seeds!
No growing questions by PM, please!
sarah louise View Drop Down
Sensi Moderator
Sensi Moderator

Quote sarah louise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2011 at 12:23
In Darwin, during the wet season, we used a product called 'thirsty hippo' in the wardrobes to stop clothes from going mouldy. It was a moisture gel and activated carbon mixture, single use base but you can buy refill pouches and use the container repeatedly.

I've always thought they could be useful for drying crops in humid weather.
What doesn't kill me just makes me stranger...
TheUkOne View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote TheUkOne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2011 at 22:26
thanks for the information ganja/sarah
 Post Reply Post Reply