Cannabis Forum > Hash Marihuana & Hemp Museum > General
  Sensi Cannabis Seeds Sensi Shop  Sensi Newsletter Newsletter  Cannabis & Marijuana Photos Cannabis Photos  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Hops Hash - Does it work?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
theshak06 View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote theshak06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hops Hash - Does it work?
    Posted: 17 January 2011 at 00:07
Hi Folks,

Im thinking of buying some hops hash but i was wondering does it actually work or is it just more shit that people try to scam people online with. I would love to hear your feedback and if you have tried it (was it any good?)

kind regards,

Peter
The Shak
Ganja View Drop Down
Sensi Administrator
Sensi Administrator

Quote Ganja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2011 at 14:05
Absolute crap. Never heard of it, myself. Smoking a lump of it may give one a vague buzz/headache, but that's probably true of most common, non-toxic herbs.

The rule is: if you can order a 'smoking mixture' legally online, it's not likely to be much fun.

And the price charged for this stuff in particular is outrageous
Auto-flowering Cannabis Seeds!
No growing questions by PM, please!
theshak06 View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote theshak06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 January 2011 at 14:52
You see my problem is they have brought in a ban on legal highs in Ireland and i cant seem to get anything anywhere (of the not legal variety as well) so i thought i would see if i could order something online. There is a bit of a dry spell at the moment.

I could try order Mary Joy or something but im afraid of it getting caught in customs plus i dont know what would happen if they found it i.e. would they come right to my do asking questions.

This is when i found hops hash online but i have heard different stories in forums, some say it works and order say it doesnt so im not sure what to do.
The Shak
Ganja View Drop Down
Sensi Administrator
Sensi Administrator

Quote Ganja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2011 at 11:18
I dunno. I'd be careful about ordering borderline stuff like that as well. And I think it's pretty unlikely that 'hops hash' gives any pleasurable effects. Think about the quantities of hops that are grown all over Europe for beer-making.
If the collected resin was any fun, Europeans would have been using it for centuries.

It's a bit of a short-term solution, but the prices mentioned for a small amounts of that 'hash' would cover a quick jaunt to Amsterdam, where you could at least smoke real cannabis for a few days.

Seeds are legal in Eire, but that's the opposite of a short term solution.
theshak06 View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote theshak06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2011 at 13:41
This is truly annoying as all i want is a good smoke. You know there was a time when people smoke opium and everything, this was the norm. Just because they didnt want the hemp  ruining the paper industry as it was a better alternative.

All the crap with the legal highs in Ireland was totally blown out of proportion. Christ they had gaurd (Police) standing outside headshops trying to put people off going into them before the ban came into affect.

Now if i other something called hops hash i will probably get into trouble and it doesnt even contain THC : /.
The Shak
Hopshashemployee View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote Hopshashemployee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 April 2011 at 02:01
Hi there, sorry to revive an ancient thread, yet as the CEO of Hops Hash incorporated, I felt compelled to intervene on this discussion.

After you shot down our fine product (this discussion appears as the third result in google when Hops hash is typed) we have lost 80% of our customers, the factory has closed and we are working from a small industrial unit. The photos we were using, tragically are copyrighted and 3 lawsuits have been filed so far.

I am at the end of my tether here. Lupulin is actually THC in a heavier, rearranged chemical structure, is Cannabis's sister, when early flowering looks identical to colas, is literally identical in scent, when burnt, to Neder Polm (Pollen of the highest quality) and it has effects near-identical to top of the line CBD dominant hashish, ie: clean, relaxed, yet not over stimulating or 'trippy' in the slightest as certain (Ice-o-lator) hash can be.

Anyway, as a proponent of THC filled Hashish in all its forms, here at Hops hash, all we ever wanted was to provide a sidekick to the old doob, to aid in bringing mellow effects to the table when high THC/low CBD varieties of sinsemillia or hashish marijuana are used. A wise move would you not say? This hash can act as a sleep inducer when buzzy sativas are used.

Please, please, think about things before assuming that Tetrahydrocannabinol Delta Nine is the only valid herbal psychoactive smoke on Earth worthy of consideration. As the company is now at the point of disbanding, our group of scientists have been laid off, if only the societal hierarchy had listened.

Thank you for your time.

http://santewinery.com/images/baby-hops.jpg

http://forums.anandtech.com/showthread.php?t=1470762

http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080823065053AA1Q96n
Ganja View Drop Down
Sensi Administrator
Sensi Administrator

Quote Ganja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 April 2011 at 09:34
Wow, this little post caused the loss of 80% of your customers and the collapse of the hops-hash industry?

"the company is now at the point of disbanding, our group of scientists have been laid off, if only the societal hierarchy had listened. "

What a load of toss.

"Lupulin is actually THC in a heavier, rearranged chemical structure"

Um, the thing about rearranging chemical structures is that this creates entirely different chemicals. You should have checked this with the army of scientists before they were laid off.

Also, the links you provided had no information on hops. Yahoo answers? Really?

I guess this is the work of a troll, rather than the true CEO/employee of HopHash International(TM)(C)(R)
Rastakolnikov View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Rastakolnikov Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 April 2011 at 11:29
"Lupulin is actually THC in a heavier, rearranged chemical structure"

Um, the thing about rearranging chemical structures is that this creates entirely different chemicals. You should have checked this with the army of scientists before they were laid off.

Hahaha
Champagne for my real friends.
Real pain for my sham friends.
Hopshashemployee View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote Hopshashemployee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 April 2011 at 14:10
All the information provided in those links contained information to reinforce my claims, as you eloquently noted, with validity, a re-arranged chemical formula is, of course, a new chemical yet that is why it is called 'Lupulin' and not 'Cannabinol':

"And for a good many of these years we have used the word "hop" as a slang term for "dope" or a narcotic drug such as opium. We have referred to a person intoxicated with a narcotic as "hopped up". But do you realize that the hop plant and the hemp plant (from which the drug marijuana is produced) are closely related members of the same botanical family?

The active principle in hops is a fine, yellow resinous powder called "lupulin" which is always classified as a narcotic because it will dull the sense in moderate doses. From lupulin come two lupulic acids - humulone and lupulone. One of these, "humulone", has the following chemical formula: C21H30O5. "Cannabinol", the active principle of marijuana, has the chemical formula.of C21H26O2."

The link provided contained an image of an early flowering Hops plant, which validated my claims that Hops Strobiles in bloom indeed DO have clusters of calyxes, dual white stigmas and of course the famed glands Lupulin: 

http://santewinery.com/images/baby-hops.jpg

Finally for an overview of Humulus Lupulus in general I apologize that I did not supply a more informative link, I thought in this day and age of goldfish attention spans, most people would simply want to see the fact: "Hops is Cannabis's sister" here is a bit more info for your pipe:

http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/jssc.200900755/abstract

Anyhow, you are obviously a wise individual who enjoys to question all that is, I thank you for engaging me as opposed to shooting me down before I hit the ground.

Best regards, Lester Fleetwood CEO HH (inc) Bsc Msc Phd.

Ganja View Drop Down
Sensi Administrator
Sensi Administrator

Quote Ganja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 April 2011 at 15:07
You are obviously a charlatan and a rip-off artist who enjoys the opportunity to swindle people who may not be well-informed about cannabis. I thank you for the opportunity to shoot down your scam business.

I doubt "Lester Fleetwood" is your name and we can be fairly certain that you lack the credentials you've put after your pseudonym. Your report that this thread damaged a  non-existant company and its staff of trained scientists is laughable.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>