Cannabis Forum > Hash Marihuana & Hemp Museum > General
  Sensi Cannabis Seeds Sensi Shop  Sensi Newsletter Newsletter  Cannabis & Marijuana Photos Cannabis Photos  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Hops Hash - Does it work?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Ganja View Drop Down
Sensi Administrator
Sensi Administrator

Quote Ganja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 April 2011 at 15:47
Unsurprisingly, the links and 'evidence' you provide are once again worthless and only demonstrate that you're out of your depth in trying to argue this point.

And for a good many of these years we have used the word "hop" as a slang term for "dope" or a narcotic drug such as opium. We have referred to a person intoxicated with a narcotic as "hopped up". But do you realize that the hop plant and the hemp plant (from which the drug marijuana is produced) are closely related members of the same botanical family?

Highly convincing.
The fact that they're using the word "hopped up" shows that this quote is from the 1950s or even as far back as the '30s. There was certainly lots of accurate and informative reporting on drugs going on in those days...
I note that they use the term 'narcotic' with its old fashioned, nebulous definition, by which cannabis is still inaccurately classified  today (in some countries, at least).

The link provided contained an image of an early flowering Hops plant, which validated my claims that Hops Strobiles in bloom indeed DO have clusters of calyxes, dual white stigmas and of course the famed glands Lupulin: 

Yes. I saw it the first time. It's utterly irrelevant. No one is disputing that hops and cannabis are related - it's something that many people with a passing interest in the subject would know. It's hardly surprising that the two plants share some features. It doesn't follow that hops therefore produces chemicals with similar properties to cannabis. To suggest that it does is a cynical attempt to rip people off.

Nettles are also related to cannabis. They share several features, such as growth pattern, serrated leaves and a covering of trichomes which produce potent, medicinally active chemicals such as acetylcholine (C7H16NO2+) and serotonin (C10H12N2O).

Gosh, look, those chemicals contain many of the same elements as cannabinoids (and thousands of other plant-based chemicals), and they also have numbers after the letters! That must mean you can make hashish from nettles, too! Ecstasy-infused hashish, for that matter, since serotonin is involved! Actually, I should stop before you get an idea for your next scam.

Suffice to say that a difference of 5 hydrogen atoms and 3 oxygen atoms between molecules of cannabinol and those of "humulone" means that the two substances are utterly different. A single atom's or bond's difference would make a different substance. The difference here is huge and only a charlatan would try to compare them.

However, I saved the best for last:

One of these, "humulone", has the following chemical formula: C21H30O5. "Cannabinol", the active principle of marijuana, has the chemical formula.of C21H26O2

Cannabinol is not the active principle of cannabis! You're claiming to have knowledge of this subject and you don't even have enough basic knowledge to notice the errors in the info you're cut-n-pasting. That's idiotic.

THC is the main active principle of cannabis, followed by CBD, then CBN. The latter two have virtually no psychoactive effect and seem to mostly moderate the high imparted by THC.
In fact, old, overheated or mistreated THC tends to break down into CBN, which is generally seen as the least important of the three main cannabinoids.

Thanks the resurrection of the thread and for letting me know you're still attempting to peddle this crap. I'll try to remember to regularly search for 'Hops Hash' and your other scam-tastic websites/products and link to this thread, in order to keep it high in the google rankings.
Auto-flowering Cannabis Seeds!
No growing questions by PM, please!
Hopshashemployee View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote Hopshashemployee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 April 2011 at 16:14
As you are a Moderator on this here forum, I shalt tread ground like a walking on brittle eggshells. I am, in essence on your patch here.

First and foremost, you doubt my credentials, I'll have you know I obtained my Phd from Sequoia University and have many years of experience in this field.

The facts you have laid bare have solid validity. So in all honesty all I can say in response to everything you have said is 'touche' If you are interested in working for us, we can be contacted via +1 210-807-4404 we would offer a full retirement plan for a person of such high caliber.

It has been a pleasure, a journey of much time almost paradoxically, that we have spent together.

I bid you farewell.
theshak06 View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote theshak06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 April 2011 at 10:51
Hi there,

I am the original poster and at the time I really wanted to try hopshash but i wasnt sure if it was a scam. I emailed a lady at HopsHash.com called Vannessa who proceeded to tell me it works. Let me tell you the facts.

I bought hops hash for 49 dollars, 49 fecking dollars and let me tell you this, it was truly awful. I tried to smoke hash hops with a pipe and it cut the throat off me. Firstly when i received it, it came in a plastic package and had a slight liquid in it and it smelt awful, like piss to be frank. I knew something was slightly funny then. I proceeded to try and smoke it and i could barely smoke any of it before I started choking from the smoke (and im not a lightweight to smoke). I got no high what so ever. I tried to use the 8 grams or so i got a few times more but always got the same nasty experience. I even tried to push through the awful smoke to see if I got a high and got nothing.

If you can prove to me that hopshash actually does anything send me a small sample of something that works and i will praise you on this post and make sure everyone knows HopsHash works but honestly i dont beleive you could do that as my experience was so bad the first time around I cant imagine how hops hash would actually give me a high.

Sorry if I seem harsh but those are the facts and the complete truth.

kind regards,

The Shak
The Shak
Ganja View Drop Down
Sensi Administrator
Sensi Administrator

Quote Ganja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 April 2011 at 13:36
Hm. I was guessing that HH wasn't worth smoking based on the fact that it contains no cannabinoids. there's also the fact that hops has been grown in enormous quantities in Europe for millennia and no-one seems to have noticed or had any interest in its intoxicating properties, except in beer-making.

Thanks for confirming that it is bunk, sorry you had to lose $50 in the process.

And, for the record, it seems that Hopshashemployee(/CEO) is indeed a troll. The claim that this thread destroyed a potentially thriving company was obvious hogwash, but this most recent post is a thing of beauty

Originally posted by HHE

First and foremost, you doubt my credentials, I'll have you know I obtained my Phd from Sequoia University and have many years of experience in this field.  

A few seconds of google:

Originally posted by Wikipedia

Sequoia University was an unaccredited higher education institution in Los Angeles, California which acquired a reputation as a prolific "degree mill" selling degree certificates. Although it was shut down in 1984 by a court order, it is most notable today as the institution from which L. Ron Hubbard obtained an honorary "Doctorate of Philosophy" in the 1950s.

In 2009, Britain released documents from a California agency stating that Sequoia was never approved nor recognized as a school.[1] British State papers then revealed that in fact Sequoia University was personally owned by Hubbard and that Hubbard had therefore awarded himself his "Ph.D 

I think that has to be taken as a knowing wink and an admission that HHE is full of shit.

HHE, thanks for job offer, but I think I shall have to politely decline, tempting though it is.
HeHE indeed...

Originally posted by Wikipedia

The "university" was said to have originally been known as the College of Drugless Healing, which was traced by the United States government to a residential dwelling on Melrose Avenue. It operated strictly through a post office box and delivered mail-order doctorates without classes or exams.[3]

The dwelling in question was that of "Dr." Joseph Hough, a chiropodist who had established a profitable business selling bogus medical degrees to applicants. Hough's own doctorate was said to have been bogus, reportedly having been purchased from the unaccredited Free University of Mexico (Universidad de Mexicana) in 1938. He was investigated in 1957 by a California State Assembly investigation into degree mills operating in the state, but took the Fifth Amendment 22 times in the course of his testimony and refused to divulge information about Sequoia's activities.

Kelly Segraves

Sequoia University is also part of a controversy surrounding the credentials of Dr. Kelly Segraves, director of the Creation Science Research Center, a creationist organization that believes giant-sized humans once roamed the earth and coexisted with dinosaurs. Segraves claims to have received his Masters degree from Sequoia University in 1972, although researcher Bette Chambers made some inquiries and could find no accredited university by that name. 

Hops Hash is in good company...
Auto-flowering Cannabis Seeds!
No growing questions by PM, please!
theshak06 View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote theshak06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 April 2011 at 20:01
Hi Ganja,
Im guessing your from the Netherlands. Oh how i would love to live somewhere with no one to stop me having a good ol smoke and chilling. I was really hoping Hashhopsemployee would reply but I wanted to see what he would reply to me. I know what hashhops is like because I actually bought the product. I was told it would work by "Vanessa" (whoever that it). I was told to use about a pea size amount but man it hurt my throat. Like i said if he can prove me wrong I will glady shake his hand (probably virtually lol).

At the end of the day i just feel like a big fool but even the headshops are gone in Ireland now and its not exactly easy to get a good smoke where Im from.

Oh well : /.
The Shak
InEvasion View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote InEvasion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 April 2011 at 22:24
I came across this forum/thread whilst looking for 'Legal resin solids' 'Legal hash' and being directed towards Hops hash. A bit of research (as in type hops hash in google lol) and I find this thread.

I'll probably be executed by Lister fleetwood PHD and his scientology buddies for saying this to you theshak06 but if you do some research on the core component that medicine thinks (does not know for certain/as yet not fully proven in testing) gives calming feelings in Hops, that is Lupulin. I know Lister already said this.

Do some searching around, I used to buy pure Lupulin powder in bags of 10g, but the stuff is seriously hard to come by now. They say that 10% of Hops flowers are lupu, trust me it alot less than that. I bought a 30g bag of Hops flowers off ebay (good quality) and managed to sift no more than 1g of pure orange powder.

If you can source some, compress it into hashish, using the finger hash method. Trust me, you will enjoy the smoke. I only really use it to send myself to sleep/take away stress and it does the trick. The stuff you said hashhops sent you sounds like some sort of nightmare camel sh*t style stuff.

Anyway, only really joined to say that, as I gave up buds/rocky a long time ago. Just use the occasional natural herb. If you do get pure lupu, the resultant hash will look nothing like hops hash websites, it will be dark brown and smell slightly like the soapbar style 'squidgy black' (when warmed up) that used to float in the UK back in the noughties.

In peace,
InEvasion.

Oh and by the way, Lister, paradox is the right word, you have basically shot your own company in the foot lol

Sorry, reason to edit, you say Listers wife Van said use pea size. If you did that with real lupu hash, it would be a joint of oil, it would not smoke and taste horrific. If you do source some Lupulin glands, use roughly half a pea size at most.
theshak06 View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote theshak06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 April 2011 at 23:50
Does lupulin give you same high as mm...well regular hash. I wont lie i did do a bit of research because Im from Ireland and all the headshops were shut down (boy oh boy people went mad when that happened), its hard to find herbal smokes that are ok and wont get me in trouble lol. Its weird they never banned poppers but they went after all the pills and after that the smoke. Its bloody annoying.

You know anything herbal that gives a good high?
The Shak
martiniGR View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote martiniGR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2011 at 00:33
Hi,
this is a cannabisforum  about hash weed and other (soft) drugs i dont know exactly but there must be 1000+ members, if it would be a good drug, people will know it.They thing i am worried about is this thread is filled with new persons, the info can be fake, made by persons involved in the hop biz.If there is a member with for example 100 posts in the past about different subjects the (positive) info could be right but a new member with 1,2 5 or 10 posts only about hopshash could be fake.Lets wait a few days before believing the Hubbard collegue.Is their a real member with experience about the hop??
as an amateur tester i would say it cant be good if the throat say's it hurts!( i am not a fan of hubbard, i dont like hurt, fans of hubbard maybe like the hurt)
Ganja is experienced and has a lot of background info( library)he say's no but he didnt smoke it ( he would have if he had a sign that it could be good, i think) so the only positive info is a new member..it has no value to me.
edit: sorry , i see this is an old thread so i can say for shure: it doesnt work..
Some say friends do not exist, we cant make words for things that do not exist...
Willie van het Kerkhof, Groningen NL
theshak06 View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote theshak06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2011 at 01:57
Trust me the hops hash didnt do shit but truly is there anything herbal thats at the same time legal that actually works?
The Shak
InEvasion View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote InEvasion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2011 at 03:17
Hi Martini, I understand your concern here, thing is, I did just offer a link to theshak06 which gives Lupulin (pure, real glands) at 7 euros for 10grams. Here in the UK that is about £6? Whereas Psychotic Listers company offers 10 grams for $50 as I remember, and that is £35? I am only here to help.

I am a member of an Art forum (I'm a painter/installation artist) and a veteran poster in that place, so understand the caution forum admin and members feel toward 'rookies' or possible 'advertisers'

Marijuana was fun for many years for me, yet after growing many plants (including one of Sensi's J Herers) visiting Amsterdam, getting arrested, quitting many jobs, colleges etc etc etc. I finally moved away from weed.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>