Cannabis Forum > Sensi Seeds > Indoor Growing
  Sensi Cannabis Seeds Sensi Shop  Sensi Newsletter Newsletter  Cannabis & Marijuana Photos Cannabis Photos  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Self-contained aeroponic USB plant pot

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Ganja View Drop Down
Sensi Administrator
Sensi Administrator

Quote Ganja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Self-contained aeroponic USB plant pot
    Posted: 24 February 2011 at 11:07
These are probably not that practical for cannabis except on a small scale, but they're pretty interesting nonetheless. One of my colleague thinks these might be a hoax. I can see his point, but I have a feeling they might be real. Aeroponics is a pretty simple principle (though they do seem rather low-priced, I must admit).Using a CF light (or LEDs if they get better) and a couple of these boxes, the student dream of growing under the kitchen sink or in the under-stairs cupboard could become reality...

Click & Grow, The Computer-Controlled Pot-Plant

click-and-grow-growing-plants-via-computer

Click and Grow is an almost foolproof way to grow houseplants. In fact, it appears to be the perfect product for the plant-loving but absent-minded geek.

The Click and Grow will be a plastic nursery-box which look very much like Apple’s Mac Cube. Instead of a pot of soil, the Click and Grow
grows plants using aeroponics: the plants are grown in air with
nutrients and water delivered together in a fine mist.

To grow a plant, you buy a seed-pod, a capsule which contains both
seeds and nutrients. You then hook up the box to your computer via USB
(we told you this was nerdy) and download the correct program. The Click
and Grow then does the rest, although you will still need to add water
from time to time. Because food and water delivery are taken care of by
the box, and the care programs are tailored for each plant-type, its
hard for things to go wrong.

Or is it? You could still neglect to water the plant, you could put
it in a place with too much or too little light and you could put it in a
drafty corridor when it should be in a sun-dappled corner. In fact,
pretty much anything you could do to kill a regular plant you could also
do to the Click and Grow.

Still, I signed up to be notified when these go on sale: To my
geek-brain, anything, even a pot-plant, is cooler when hooked up to a
computer. 

Click and Grow will be around $23, with seed-capsules starting at $3.50.

http://www.wired.com/gadgetlab/2010/03/click-grow-the-computer-controlled-pot-plant/Although basic models include notification lights to let growers when the water tank needs refilling, more expensive models will even free growers of this task by collecting water from the air.Its makers say the
Click & Grow system enables users to grow any houseplant – a cactus,
rose, or some other exotic plant that people often find difficult to
grow because it takes too much effort

The Click & Grow pots will
start at around 17 euro, with seed cartridges selling for between 2.5
and 4 euro at nurseries or on the Internet.

http://www.gizmag.com/click-and-grow-pots/14274/

Auto-flowering Cannabis Seeds!
No growing questions by PM, please!
RedDogKaos View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote RedDogKaos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 February 2011 at 18:31
Nice find Ganja, its nice looking toy :) Only prize looks suspicious $23 ... AeroGarden cost over $150 though it have a lights ... 
Red
sarah louise View Drop Down
Sensi Moderator
Sensi Moderator

Quote sarah louise Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 February 2011 at 02:57
I wonder how much power it draws off the computer to run the pump and how much processing power is used to run the program... I'm a little wary of things that draw all their power needs via a usb, especially if you want to use the computer for anything else.

Cool idea though.
What doesn't kill me just makes me stranger...
Salgado View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Salgado Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 February 2011 at 09:31
Lol I hope my teachers don't mind if I take some of these into class LOL. Nice one Ganja
"Every time I plant a seed, he said kill it before it grow, he said kill them before they grow. And so I shot him down..."
Solidopc View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Solidopc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 February 2011 at 00:40
wonder if they give a program for fat ass buds! lol. Out of interest, would tomatoes be the best food program to follow if using one of those to grow weed? Interesting stuff...
Green-Thumb Growing
martiniGR View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote martiniGR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 February 2011 at 17:05
I grow a cactus  in a normal pot with sand costs nothing, via usb and computer..
For people who do know nothing, they will buy it, and there are more and more of these type of persons. As a guerillagrower i find it the opposit of how it should be done, cheap, easy,natural, clean.
It will be sold, not to professionals, to people who know nothing and believe everything! Ive seen threads with other inventions, Volksgarden, etc.I dont buy Phmeters, EC meters, a tent,etc.But if the plant is unknown for you and you have nothing with growing plants, you can grow your own now!
Some say friends do not exist, we cant make words for things that do not exist...
Willie van het Kerkhof, Groningen NL
martiniGR View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote martiniGR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 February 2011 at 17:33
Btw i would like to see a cactus grow better in these pots,
A cactus takes water and food out of the body of the plant, watering should be done very specail. some cactussen cant stand water on their body (Astrophytum) so they have to drink without getting wet in the topsoil.then dry out then water..
I believe they mean they can keep a simple cactus alive!Not a difficult one, cactus needs a dry winter at around 8 oC.otherwise it will not flower..Othercactus types (Zygocactus) need water in the winter and dry in summer. I think its a marketing thing made by someone who is technical, if 1 on 1000 growers will buy a pot he can become a millionare, thats why it is invented.Not a consumer that does know nothing about plants giving succes is the goal! Succes is never guaranteed with plants.
Some say friends do not exist, we cant make words for things that do not exist...
Willie van het Kerkhof, Groningen NL
paxmaster View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote paxmaster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 November 2011 at 12:44
Well I have been testing this device. It's rather different from AeroGarden. It's not actually aeroponic or hydroponic. They use some kind weird medium (some form coco-coir/ peat). But for me it worked great! Had it in my greenhouse next to tomatoes. Picked out the original seeds and planted my seedling in it. Comfortable it is... no watering no fertilizer.
 Post Reply Post Reply