Cannabis Forum > Hash Marihuana & Hemp Museum > CannaMyths
  Sensi Cannabis Seeds Sensi Shop  Sensi Newsletter Newsletter  Cannabis & Marijuana Photos Cannabis Photos  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

3. Marijuana is a 'Gateway Drug'

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
BLunTeD4LifE View Drop Down
Sensi Grower
Sensi Grower

Quote BLunTeD4LifE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 April 2006 at 02:16
i also think it might have had something to do with us all being so young and naive....
Roll that sh*t... Light that sh*t... Smoke that sh*t!!!!
Zenification View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote Zenification Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 January 2007 at 08:15
    The gateway theory is ridiculous.

A hard drug user is likely to have wound his way through the softer drugs first, but those softer drugs are not the reason he went to the hard drugs, they're just an inevitable stepping stone - like one is likely to have drank water before trying whisky.

And my brother is an addicted ciggarette smoker now only because he ate popeye candy sticks as a child.
naloid View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote naloid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 January 2007 at 18:38
we all know what is really goin on so f**k´em and let them think whatever they please..........loving it
Dr. Ohm View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote Dr. Ohm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 April 2007 at 17:17
   as a med doc, i thouroughly denounce "Gateway" theory as only political propaganda as i have absolutely found no scientific basis

all so-called related medical studies cited by "Gateway" proponents are very poorly designed and misleading

the progression from marijuana to more harmful/addictive substances has more to due with social environments created by the "illegality" of marijuana (than with direct biological effects of THC)

naive teenage pot smokers (who succumb)in countries like the U.S., are often forced because of the law to smoke/party with all forms of substance users, in social circles, where exposure to more dangerous drug pressures are very high

legalize and this would definitely not have to be the case since you decrease the exposure potential
MendocinoBay View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote MendocinoBay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 April 2007 at 16:55
yes well said everybody,Ganja and MR Ohm,
prohibition leads & is the best friend of network terrorism,guns trafficking,& violent corporates ( I am not talking of cash croppers here or gang members)I mean huge politics corporate who traffic ....we are more likely to get hurt or kill from the prohibition now than vaporizing some flowers to heal....
I use a bit of tobacco sometimes in my joints and I buy 2 packs/month,I quit smoking cigarette simply cause I don't feel good about it,
I don't want offend cigarette smokers here not at all,I consider myself like one, but I found many being really violent towards people smoking weed and myself,and I am concerned at people smoking cigarette only now... I am not saying all have a bad attitude ,not at all,
I wish we can stop using ,texture agent etc...cause it is not all a matter of tobacco,but a research on how to addict people....I will grow it wild if I should continue... Peter Stuyvesant is also what finance the administration now and the war on irak,and all those corporate violence.

The drug segregation could lead to hard drugs,so yes it is socially related,there is a nice article from Peter Cohen on a web site about drug segregation and Advancing from Harm Reduction to Harm Refusal,cause this segregation is really negative,my thoughts..

And I always say the recreation from smoking is what helps me to heal from a back pain,so the recreation is important,cause many people do not talk about it,but it is an important point for me.Gateway to paradise....

and to finish,the economy we are living with,a pharmacopoeia one,who spent millions on anti age cream design & molecules to level and erase our spirits and freedom.They wont help you if you are sick from smoking this Damn cigarette or getting cancer from breathing diesel emissions..they won't...

420phil420 View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote 420phil420 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2007 at 21:40
i say legalize it, and put taxes on it ...

personaly i think it would reduce crimerates through-out the world.
of coarse u would have to "keep out of reach of children" ...

An eye for eye only ends up making the whole world blind.
billy bong View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote billy bong Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 April 2007 at 21:55
ye legalize it..in todays paper there was 52million euros worth of hash destined for ireland...for such a small country thats alot of weed..imagine the goverment could tax that.that money could come in very usefull in other areas...
Ganja View Drop Down
Sensi Administrator
Sensi Administrator

Quote Ganja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 April 2007 at 10:15
(Un)fortunately, it's very hard to tax cannabis because it's so easy to grow.

Anyone interested could do it with a minimum of effort, if there weren't laws against it.

It would cost a lot of money to established interests like alcohol, pharma and tobacco, while being almost impossible to monopolise (due to easy growing) and therefore not making much money for the people and groups which tend to control things.

Basically, IMHO, the main reason governments are still locking people up, denying others medicine, destroying lives and spending money on cannabis misinformation is that we're simply not allowed to have free things. It upsets the system. Think of the jobs, etc.
Auto-flowering Cannabis Seeds!
No growing questions by PM, please!
farmer mick View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote farmer mick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 April 2007 at 17:27
I agree with Ganja, Governments don't like things they can't control.

Also, I'm not really in favour of taxes on weed - it's expensive enough already if you don't grow your own. And there's no way legalisation would bring down the price. If anything, the Governments would slap massive taxes on all sales to try and discourage people from getting their hands on the stuff.

Phil, I don't see how legalising and taxing weed would reduce "crime rates". Maybe it would with heroin (if it was given for free to addicts), but not cannabis.

Where I'm from, if the cops seize a large quantity of cannabis, the criminals who owned it usually rob a security van or something to get cash for their next consignment. If anything, taking the cannabis trade out of the hands of these people would just force them into other crimes to maintain their wealth.

I think it's wrong that cannabis is illegal, but I'd prefer decriminalisation than a legalised system controlled and taxed by the Government. At least in a decriminalised system I could grow a few plants and smoke the occasional joint without fear of persecution and without having to pay the Government for the privilege of doing so.

PS - Ganja, I think your inbox is full. I've been trying to send you a PM without any success.

"A rat race is for rats. We're not rats. We're human beings." - Jimmy Reid, RIP
Mizu View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote Mizu Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 April 2007 at 02:33
I find the whole 'it's a gateway drug' thing to be a load of crap. I've been smoking it for a while now and I've never had any interest in anything but weed, including cigarettes.
Why is marijuana against the law? It grows naturally upon our planet. Doesn't the idea of making nature against the law seem to you a bit...unnatural?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>