Cannabis Forum > Sensi Seeds > Indoor Growing
  Sensi Cannabis Seeds Sensi Shop  Sensi Newsletter Newsletter  Cannabis & Marijuana Photos Cannabis Photos  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

fimming plants

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
TheDeparted View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote TheDeparted Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: fimming plants
    Posted: 08 March 2011 at 15:38
hi guys i fimmed 2 of my biggest plants 4 days ago and wanted to know should i do this more than once or is once enough?
also if i need to do it again how long should i give it before i fim again?
munzy if you happen to see this will u give me ur opinion please as i no u fim all ur plants
with great sucsess!
cheers
G.A. View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling
Gone Away

Quote G.A. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2011 at 15:45
how many times is up to you and your room size for the width youll need. the more you do the more heads you get
DriveBy View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote DriveBy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2011 at 18:09
What strain?
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote TheDeparted Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2011 at 18:25
sensi superskunk barneys big buddah blue cheese
InvertedVertigo View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote InvertedVertigo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 March 2011 at 18:49
I think you should give it a couple weeks to get over the shock & do some growing. I left it 2 before doing it a second time.
Toothless View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling
Night Fury

Quote Toothless Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2011 at 09:56
by fimming are u meaning topping???
DriveBy View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote DriveBy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2011 at 10:31
according to my english theyre same
Ganja View Drop Down
Sensi Administrator
Sensi Administrator

Quote Ganja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2011 at 11:47
Not really. Pruning = topping, which causes each pruned stem to split into two from the nodes directly below the cut.

Sometimes, pruning involves cutting quite a lot of stem off the top of the plant. There's also 'pinching', which is kind of the same thing, but which requires the grower to very carefully remove the innermost growing shoot from the centre of the developing leaves at the top of the plant. Some say that this very careful pruning encourages lateral branching as well as splitting the stem. below the removed area.

Both of these techniques have a very high success rate. The enhanced lateral branching from pinching is debatable, but both methods nearly always cause the stem/branch below the cut to split.

FIM = "Fuck, I missed", which I think started with someone trying to cut out the growing shoot (in the same way as pinching, but with a blade) and instead cutting across the topmost node, removing the top 30-50%, but leaving the node intact.
Sometimes, this method will cause more than two shoots to grow from the cut area, but it is not as predictable or reliable as normal topping/pruning/pinching.
Auto-flowering Cannabis Seeds!
No growing questions by PM, please!
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote TheDeparted Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 March 2011 at 12:10
thanks for that guys was there yesterday and there is 2 shoots forming now so happy days!

Post Reply Post Reply