Cannabis Forum > Sensi Seeds > Indoor Growing
  Sensi Cannabis Seeds Sensi Shop  Sensi Newsletter Newsletter  Cannabis & Marijuana Photos Cannabis Photos  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

trimming fan leaves,

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
marty12345 View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote marty12345 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: trimming fan leaves,
    Posted: 10 March 2011 at 23:33
Hello fellow smokers.
Thanks for all your advice this far
Ive 2 plants a widow & a northern light about 4 weeks off harvest and looking good & starting to get nice buds & nice & smelly,
I just wanted to know about trimming the fan leaves off i didn,t even know it had to be done
till i read some forums on here last night
can some one give me a few tips ????????
At what stage.......
how many at a time...........
where about on stem to cut....... etc etc....................
& anything else i might need to know..............cheers  

Solidopc View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Solidopc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 March 2011 at 00:52
Where did you read you should cut fan leafs off? You shouldn't cut any of the leafs off at all. They produce all the plants energy for photosynthesis, so cutting them off only stresses the plant, and causes it to produce less energy for bud production.

Some people might chop off a few to uncover budsites blocked by the leafs from receiving light. But you can allways pin them back, or even just chop off 1 or 2 of the fingers rather than the whole leaf. I never chop off any though, and nor does anyone i know.
Green-Thumb Growing
mellow View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote mellow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2011 at 01:23
%3clap
DriveBy View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote DriveBy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2011 at 16:29
And yea thanks for millions to SS back then deliverin that indoor mix!!   
Salgado View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Salgado Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 March 2011 at 16:55
It has to be said: I also see lots and lots of pep doin it and they seem to have no problem at all.

I don't do it but I see grows as good as others who don't do it and seem very nice too.
"Every time I plant a seed, he said kill it before it grow, he said kill them before they grow. And so I shot him down..."
G.A. View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling
Gone Away

Quote G.A. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2011 at 05:32

i do it and id say it personal prefference. need to make a judgemnt call if the bennefits of better light penetration outweighs the minor stress from snipping a leaf or 2 here and there. or the risk of mildew from low air flow in the branches. to me the bennefits out weight the harm. obvoiusly less is better

mellow View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote mellow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2011 at 12:18
does it depend on how you grow?
i know guys do it when they scrog. i'd be worid i'd cut off the wrong one and kill it.

G.A. View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling
Gone Away

Quote G.A. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2011 at 19:33
sure style would make a diff to. in a scrog you pretty much have to or no air flow below the screen and risk mold big time. you wont kill anything, i break main branches all the time and a bit of tape and string holds it till it heals in a few days. it is best to do all the trimming before going into flower to prevent an unstable strain wanting to hermie on you. its not much stress but if the strain is shit it may want to go to the dark side
 Post Reply Post Reply