Cannabis Forum > Sensi Seeds > Growing Archives > Lighting
  Sensi Cannabis Seeds Sensi Shop  Sensi Newsletter Newsletter  Cannabis & Marijuana Photos Cannabis Photos  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

more than 1 colour light???

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
chris73 View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote chris73 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: more than 1 colour light???
    Posted: 14 October 2005 at 13:56
hi need some advice.can you use diffrent light colour lights ie orange and white or should i stick to just one, not sure my plants r getting enough light.and they r diffrent watts.(400,250)if u can help me JACK will be gratefull ha ha!!!!
mrnice View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote mrnice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2005 at 20:50
you need bulbs that produce light in the blue spectrum for the vegatative stage and bulbs that produce light in the red spectrum for the flowering stage. I use a 400w son-t pia agro bulb which produces light in both spectrums and so is suitable for both photoperiods
mrnice
Ganja View Drop Down
Sensi Administrator
Sensi Administrator

Quote Ganja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 October 2005 at 18:06

Also, the 'colour' of lights refers to their colour temperature, rather than the actual colour of their light.

Both MH and HPS produce white light - MH in the blue end of the spectrum, HPS (probably what you have) make light in the red end.

MH light has a distinct blue shade, and HPS has an obvious orange tint, but they're not  red or blue lights in the same way as theatre lighting, or other lights that use gels or cellophane to make truly coloured light.

Auto-flowering Cannabis Seeds!
No growing questions by PM, please!
 Post Reply Post Reply