Cannabis Forum > Sensi Seeds > Outdoor Growing
  Sensi Cannabis Seeds Sensi Shop  Sensi Newsletter Newsletter  Cannabis & Marijuana Photos Cannabis Photos  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

UK outdoor grow

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
piedog View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote piedog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: UK outdoor grow
    Posted: 29 April 2011 at 18:44
Hey guys. Me and a friend decided to try and do an outdoor grow this summer, it was more for experience so we could have a proper go at it next year with some good strains, so we were not expecting great results. the plants were from a friend who does lots of outdoor growing near where we live, so we were expecting them to work better than we have. all of the plants were indoors for the first couple of weeks, 3 of them for about a month. none of the strains are known, although i think a couple are big bud.   here are the pics

the only one that is doing well, was indoors for a month before hand. we had 2 others that were indoors with it for a month but didn't take to the outdoors so well so we got rid of them, we should have probably given them more time now that i think about it

this one is right next to the one above, was indoors for a couple of weeks and seems to be dying fast

and the same for these 2, indoors for a couple of weeks

does anybody have any ideas what is causing them to do so poorly? they are all being treated the same, so i am led to believe that it must be the strains or maybe being indoors for a month first makes a big difference. any thought much appreciated. thanks.
sicklehand View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote sicklehand Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2011 at 18:55
is that area you have planted chalk or is it just brightness of the pic's ?
Peace
alecky View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote alecky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2011 at 19:05
What soil did you add to the holes? Any nutes added? To me it looks like either Nute burn from too rich soil or they had a period of drought. The bigger plant will be able to deal with these things simpily cause it's bigger and older, the younger plants would need a bit more care. It could also be a lot of other things, like overwatering, post some more details re soil type, how often you water, any feed yet?
"Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds"
piedog View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote piedog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2011 at 19:20
sicklehand, no chalk, i don't know why it looks like that in the pics.

and alecky, the soil is fully miracle-grow for the first 2 plants, then the second 2 its miracle-grow with mixed in with the original soil from the area. they have had some nutes, canna terra vega at about half the recommended dose, but thats exactly what i've done with my indoor plants and they are doing very well. we have watered them about once every 3 days, so that shouldn't be a problem, but maybe in outdoor the watering schedule is quite different to indoor, it hasn't rained at all though in the past week so that won't have affected anything.
alecky View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote alecky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2011 at 22:00
Miracle grow is your problem I suspect, it's very strong with fertiliser and any time I have used it in the past this is what happens. Plus you have added more feed on top of it. Outdoor growing is much different to growing indoors where u are restricted to a few litres of fairly sterile soil in a pot. You will need to refine your growing practice!!

For example in my garden one half of it is free draining and the other is not as much, plants on the free draining side need to be watered a bit more than the other side, the less free draining side holds more water in the ground.

Planted directly in the ground, the roots can search out water and food quite well on there own. They wil need feeding as they get bigger and use what's available in the soil around them.
"Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds"
piedog View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote piedog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 April 2011 at 22:25
Originally posted by alecky

Miracle grow is your problem I suspect, it's very strong with fertiliser and any time I have used it in the past this is what happens. Plus you have added more feed on top of it. Outdoor growing is much different to growing indoors where u are restricted to a few litres of fairly sterile soil in a pot. You will need to refine your growing practice!!

For example in my garden one half of it is free draining and the other is not as much, plants on the free draining side need to be watered a bit more than the other side, the less free draining side holds more water in the ground.

Planted directly in the ground, the roots can search out water and food quite well on there own. They wil need feeding as they get bigger and use what's available in the soil around them.

Thanks!!! no more fertiliser for them for now then and we'll see if it helps
greenearth View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote greenearth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2011 at 21:45
..and all that bare bare soil! Thats going to dry out very quickly in any drought weather. Chop down with a sickle some nearby vegetation, bracken, grass etc and mulch over the bare soil and around...ideally do this at planting or even before (having prepared a planting bed). You might need slug and rabbit protection.
How to grow organic outdoor cannabis 4 use in ritual and magic in the UK type climate (essay)

https://we.riseup.net/greenearth/how-to-grow-outdoor-cannabis-for-use-in-ritual-and
piedog View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote piedog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 June 2011 at 03:03
little update on this. 2 of the plants (including the big one) are now gone. a couple of weeks ago the little one was taken, and then today it seems the big one has also gone. i guess someone found them and decided they wanted them for themselves... not to worry, lesson learned, find better hiding spots. lol the other 4 are doing well thankfully
lateman View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote lateman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 June 2011 at 22:47
your hole should be at least a foot across and two deep,,, fill with miracle grow,,, and dont water untill they need it,,, a  duh!! sorry,,, they are plants
doktadelic View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote doktadelic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 June 2011 at 13:46
ach piedog sorry to hear of the loss of a couple of plants. Hope the others are doing well :-)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>