Cannabis Forum > Sensi Seeds > Seeds, Genes & Strains
  Sensi Cannabis Seeds Sensi Shop  Sensi Newsletter Newsletter  Cannabis & Marijuana Photos Cannabis Photos  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

True breeding strains

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
greenearth View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote greenearth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: True breeding strains
    Posted: 06 May 2011 at 13:07
Hi.

Does anyone know which of Sensi Seeds strains are true breeding?

Thanks!
How to grow organic outdoor cannabis 4 use in ritual and magic in the UK type climate (essay)

https://we.riseup.net/greenearth/how-to-grow-outdoor-cannabis-for-use-in-ritual-and
Ganja View Drop Down
Sensi Administrator
Sensi Administrator

Quote Ganja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2011 at 15:38
Not many. There aren't many true-breeding strains at all, at least not commercially available ones (despite what some promotional material may say).

Real true breeding strains - plants that can repeatedly reproduce, grow from seed, reproduce, grow, and still produce plants almost identical to those in the first generation - are few and far between.

I'd say Skunk #1, Hindu Kush and Durban are in that category.

Other hybrids will produce very similar offspring in the f2 generation, with more variation in subsequent ones - Shiva Skunk (and most of the other Skunks), NL#5 x Haze, Early Pearl, Afghani #1, Shiva Shanti, Northern Lights.

Other, more complex hybrids, such as the Jacks will produce a wide range of variation in their offspring, but a high proportion of phenotypes are likely to be desirable.
Auto-flowering Cannabis Seeds!
No growing questions by PM, please!
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote greenearth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2011 at 16:42
Oh right. I'd heard that Sensi Seeds Mexican Sativa was true breeding.

Hindu Kush is a classic TB strain that will grow outdoor in the UK. I've grown Dutch Passion Master Kush outdoor UK with good results...not tried the SS version...nor the SS Durban Poison similarly. The SS DP looks sound!

By the way, how do you do links on the Sensi Seeds forum?
How to grow organic outdoor cannabis 4 use in ritual and magic in the UK type climate (essay)

https://we.riseup.net/greenearth/how-to-grow-outdoor-cannabis-for-use-in-ritual-and
Ganja View Drop Down
Sensi Administrator
Sensi Administrator

Quote Ganja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2011 at 10:32
In general we discourage external links on the forum.

Mexican Sativa would be in the category of producing f2 offspring that are very similar to the parents, but not identical.
Auto-flowering Cannabis Seeds!
No growing questions by PM, please!
kram3 View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote kram3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2011 at 11:12
True breeding cannabis? I dont think it yet exists commercially, I have seen clones both either improve, decline, change sex, and everything in between. There is 1 absolute certainty though with cannabis, and that is she'll surprise you everytime, anything is possible it seems. But that of course was when I used to grow, unfortunately its an illegal plant???? where I live yet deadly poisonous plants eg "dumbcane" among hundreds of others are perfectly legal, maybe cannabis doesnt have a beautiful enough flower(although personally I dont think there is a better flower), I suppose the decision makers here just dont quite get it yet.
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote greenearth Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2011 at 17:43
You get true breeding strains of many plants, be they onions, sweet chestnut trees or cannabis. There is a financial interest in any plant seed market by selling hybrids that do not breed true, because then of course fresh seeds must be purchased each year, rather than the grower being able to save seeds from the previous year. Very often the true breeding cultivars will be as good or superior than the non true breeding hybrids.   

Post Reply Post Reply