Cannabis Forum > Sensi Seeds > Growing Archives > Lighting
  Sensi Cannabis Seeds Sensi Shop  Sensi Newsletter Newsletter  Cannabis & Marijuana Photos Cannabis Photos  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

indoor mix

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
coles40 View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote coles40 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: indoor mix
    Posted: 27 October 2005 at 23:52
Hi everyone i am from the uk and new to this forum and new to growing. I have recently purchased from sensi seeds 40 indoor mix which was a special offer, can anyone tell me what variety's i can expect to grow from the 40 seeds. Also i planted 20 seeds and all are germinating which is very exciting, but i have not purchased any lights as yet can anyone help with some much needed advice. I look forward tp seeing some reply's.
Ganja View Drop Down
Sensi Administrator
Sensi Administrator

Quote Ganja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 October 2005 at 13:00

The Indoor Mix package contains 40 seeds.
The seeds this packet are the various Sensi Seeds Indica varieties for Indoor and Indoor/Greenhouse, mixed in random proportions.

The seeds are not labeled, separated by strain or differentiated in any way.

There are 19 different Indica varieties on Sensi Seed Bank's Indoor and Indoor/Greenhouse lists. The Indoor Mix may contain any or all of these, but we have no indications as to how many or how few of each variety will be in a given packet.

The possible strains contained in the mix are:

•       Shiva Shanti 1
                        •       Shiva Shanti 2
                        •       Shiva Skunk
                        •       Skunk #1
                        •       Sensi Skunk
                        •       Super Skunk
                        •       Skunk Kush
                        •       Hindu Kush
                        •       Four Way
                        •       California Indica
                        •       Afghani #1
                        •       Maple Leaf Indica
                        •       First Lady                      
                        •       Silver Pearl
                        •       American Dream
                        •       Big Bud
                        •       Black Domina
                        •       Northern Lights
                        •       Hash Plant
                        •       Mr. Nice - G-13 x Hash Plant

The proportions change throughout the year, but you can always assume that there will be a fair number of Skunks and Afghanis in the mix, as they make up a large proportion of the Indica list.

Auto-flowering Cannabis Seeds!
No growing questions by PM, please!
coles40 View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote coles40 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 October 2005 at 17:28
thanks for that information, have you got any advise for the best growing lamps i have 20 seedlings growing at present.
Ganja View Drop Down
Sensi Administrator
Sensi Administrator

Quote Ganja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 November 2005 at 14:13

For the growing stage:

• Metal halide (MH) - usually 400w
  • Fluorescent tubes - 36w per 120cm tube
  • CF bulbs (the giant version of the 'energy saver' screw-in fluoros) - 100-200w

Cheaper, less power-consuming lights are OK for the growing stage.

For the flowering stage:

You should really use high pressure sodium (HPS), as these will encourage the biggest, fattest buds.

• It's possible to flower with a 250w HP
  • A 400w HPS is better, more efficient and is one of the most versatile growing lights (can also be used for the growing stage if equipped with a SON-T-AGRO bulb).
  • a 600w HPS is more efficient again and provides some of the most effective lighting for indoor flowering.
Auto-flowering Cannabis Seeds!
No growing questions by PM, please!
hydrodon View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote hydrodon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 February 2006 at 20:34
Hi,

can you please give me some brand names?
im interested in energy savers :)
100-200w for growing. philips or whatever...
whats a energy saver for flowering?
thanks a LOT
marijuana keeps me calmer, makes me smarter, burnin down the high way, the highest grade gettin to my head
Macaque View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote Macaque Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 February 2006 at 22:39

There are no energy savers when it comes to flowering.  You have to use at least 400W or you won't get decent buds. 

The electricity bills are always going to be huge but they are nothing compared to the price of buying good bud.

hydrodon View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote hydrodon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 February 2006 at 09:50
hi,
yea thats why i got a son-t agro 400w for flowering..and im only looking for a good cf light for growing    8-10 plants
bren View Drop Down
Sensi Grower
Sensi Grower

Quote bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2006 at 19:35

ho mate when i started in sept i got a 250hps did it all with that then i took some clones rooted under 2 1ft flurecent tubes i then got a 125watt blue enviro light for veg,

i got 2-21/2 oz off my first plants under s 250hps i've since got a 600hps which i run along side my 250hps for flowering and use my blue enviro for veg, my enviro cost £45 with shade, you can get 200watt to,

you can get red ones for flowering but in a test in 1m2 18 clones where veggeed for 28 days in 1 room under a 400hps and 2 blue 125watt then flowered under 2 red 200watt enviro at the end

the 400hps room had 6 chronic plants tottal dry bud 250grams and in the enviro room 9 plants total dry bud 150 grams

so enviro are good for veg but if you cxan flower with a hps i would always pick the hps for flowering

what i want to do next is get a m/h bulb for my 250watt so i'll have a 600hps & 250m/h for flowering giving a better light spectrum for flowering this is not nesecrey but it should geive better results      

bren View Drop Down
Sensi Grower
Sensi Grower

Quote bren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2006 at 19:44

do a search on envirolights mate, thats another name for cfls there normally 125watt and 200watt they come in blue for clones & veg and red for flowering and i think you can get dual specs, powerplanter do a 110watt and 180watt ones thought, the advantage with enviros is you don't need to worry about heat as much and can use them in a much smaller area my veg box is an old set of draws with all the draw fronts fastened together like a door so from thew outside looks like a normal set of draws, i have 2 skunk #1 8 white russian Clones and 5 jack flash seeds cracked and germin and i have blueberry and passion #1 coming this week passion is for gurrilla growing but is gonna get vegged in there then i'll clone for sex find a good girl and clone her then but them outside this way i'll have a female crop

who needs femed seeds waste of money     

jakey View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote jakey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 March 2006 at 20:35
hi bren quote who needs femed seeds waste of money i would like to add waste of time too imho..lol
 Post Reply Post Reply