Cannabis Forum > Sensi Seeds > Growing Archives > Lighting
  Sensi Cannabis Seeds Sensi Shop  Sensi Newsletter Newsletter  Cannabis & Marijuana Photos Cannabis Photos  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Rock hard buds

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
budking86401 View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote budking86401 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rock hard buds
    Posted: 31 October 2005 at 03:36
The buds I am about to harvest are getting a little more solid than the last plant, but I still do not get the " rock hard " buds. Do you have any advise to get the buds thicker and more dense ??
No worries...be happy
SmokeyMcJesus View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote SmokeyMcJesus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 November 2005 at 12:27
To get the "rock hard" effect, your main concern is probably going to be lighting. If you're willing to spend the money involved, I would suggest getting a Metal Halide for the veg stage of the plant's growth, thus reducing the inter-nodal spacing on the stem. Use an HPS light to then give the buds as much energy as they can handle during the flowering stage and you should find you are left with big, solid buds. It's also worth remembering that Indica strains will generally have more solid buds because they grow so much more compactly, whereas Sativa plants often have their bud spaced more sparsely alond the plant stem.
budking86401 View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote budking86401 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 November 2005 at 18:12

Thanks for the info....I did use a metal halide conversion bulb to a HPS system...is that still good ? Then I put in the HPS red bulb at 12 hour lighting. How about the distance from the plants to the light ? is one foot ok ? Or am I damaging the plant ?

No worries...be happy
Ganja View Drop Down
Sensi Administrator
Sensi Administrator

Quote Ganja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 November 2005 at 19:47

Burning is definitely possible at a distance of 1ft/30cm for sensitive plants or new growth.

Start at 2ft, and you may be able to move a little closer

1ft is about as close as you can get before burning starts.

Auto-flowering Cannabis Seeds!
No growing questions by PM, please!
 Post Reply Post Reply