Cannabis Forum > Sensi Seeds > Growing Archives > Lighting
  Sensi Cannabis Seeds Sensi Shop  Sensi Newsletter Newsletter  Cannabis & Marijuana Photos Cannabis Photos  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

HPS or Metal Halide

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
cable_si View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote cable_si Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: HPS or Metal Halide
    Posted: 07 November 2005 at 01:34
Hi All

I have currently being growing a couple of plants using a HPS light for both veging and flowering, all is going well

for my next grow I was thinking of investing in a Metal Halide bulb for the veg period

Im only growing in a closet and probably only have enough room for 2 plants, so my question is, is it worth investing the extra money on a MH bulb ?, will there be that much difference in size/yeild if i just stick with my HPS for the veg stage??

Thanks

Si
20'Thai View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote 20'Thai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2005 at 11:31

Hi cable,

In short, yes...it is worth investing in a MH.  Especially for cupboard or small grows.

...because the MH light cause ALL cannabis plants to node up more densely.  Thereby producing less internodal empty spacing during veg.

...and if you can, don;t remove the MH in flower, just add the HPS to it.  Have both running if you can vent the cupboard well enough.  then you'll get a much bigger yield of harder/denser buds that will be without a doubt 'more potent'.

Happy grows

I look at the world as all do, but I see something different

Always do RIGHT; this will gratify some people and astonish the rest.
Bowen View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Bowen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2005 at 04:54

After getting my hands on a 600w Hps Im now thinking on getting a MH before i start, the more i read the more your convincing me 20'Thai!!

They seem to be the way to go for the vegetative stage. Would the differences in budsites be drastically increased? And also should i go for a 600w MH to keep the balance of light intensity?

Your input would be greatly appreciated because as i am currently planning my grow, and would love a nice big yield of Dense Buds.

Things are looking up.........grind through it and you'll get there :)
DankerDooboi View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote DankerDooboi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2005 at 11:40
Get you a MH conversion bulb. When you are using it then you aren't using your HPS so it makes it last longer anyway so the extra money you spend on the MH bulb is well worth it not to mention MH is better for vegging. Yes, you will notice a difference.
Bowen View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Bowen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 November 2005 at 19:44
Thanks for the reply DankerDooboi, I should've remembered about conversion bulbs. In a wee bit of a haze now haha
Things are looking up.........grind through it and you'll get there :)
Scottso420 View Drop Down
Sensi Grower
Sensi Grower

Quote Scottso420 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2005 at 18:47

Don't want to hijack your thread, but my question relates.  I'm usind 3 70w HPS bulbs right now for flowering.  My question is for during veg.  Which is more beneficial for vegitative growth just MH conversions or a combo of MH conversion & HPS??  I was just thinking this would balance the spectrum...would that help to set the growth rate faster & make 'em bushier???

Scottso

pothead View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote pothead Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2005 at 19:22
sorry scottso, i really have no idea what the affects will be or how beneficial it will be
Scottso420 View Drop Down
Sensi Grower
Sensi Grower

Quote Scottso420 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 November 2005 at 19:24

Cool...thought you may be able to help...I'll wait for another to come along...Thanks for takin' a looksie, tho, bud!!

Scottso

penny View Drop Down
Sensi Grower
Sensi Grower

Quote penny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 December 2005 at 17:06
Actually, you can use MH all the way through if you so desire. Your plants will just turn out light and fluffy as opposed to hard and dense which may or not be a good thing. I know when I get a hard dense bud it is soemtimes hard to roll a joint without really picking at it but light and fluffy, now theres a concept for ya.
americano View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote americano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 December 2005 at 00:05
i prefer both with a 5 to 1 ratio 5 hps to 1 mh basically my set up is 6 1000 hps and 1 1000 mh i really need another 1000 mh.
I REMAIN
U KYIN SWAN
 Post Reply Post Reply