Cannabis Forum > Sensi Seeds > Growing Archives > Cultivation Problems
  Sensi Cannabis Seeds Sensi Shop  Sensi Newsletter Newsletter  Cannabis & Marijuana Photos Cannabis Photos  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

pyrethrum on budding plants

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
someguy View Drop Down
Sensi Grower
Sensi Grower

Quote someguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: pyrethrum on budding plants
    Posted: 07 November 2005 at 16:45
ive recently developed a aphid problem or so i think and i was going to get some pyrethrum a natural insecticide and was wondering if its safe to use on my plant while its budding. at any rate i don't want the developing buds to be damaged, or pick up any insecticide at any rate. though i belive pyrethrum doesn't hurt humans. however assumption is the mother of all f**k ups so if you have any info on its use on a budding plant and possible effects to the bud or the user who smokes the bud i would appreciate it
Fuzzy Dunlop View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Fuzzy Dunlop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 November 2005 at 17:02

Hi There !

read this first !!!!!!!

http://extoxnet.orst.edu/pips/pyrethri.htm

Dan Devil

I grow for my own and loves it like I love to live GOOD !!
BRUCEBRUCE View Drop Down
Sensi Grower
Sensi Grower

Quote BRUCEBRUCE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 November 2005 at 06:07

so can it budding plant and possible effects to the bud or the user who smokes the bud i would appreciate it ??????????????????????

someguy View Drop Down
Sensi Grower
Sensi Grower

Quote someguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 November 2005 at 01:43
Thanks Dan that information was incredibly helpful!
20'Thai View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote 20'Thai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 November 2005 at 10:50

The info is good Dan but the tests conducted to derive at those results where no doubt carried out using pure Pyrithrum.  When used on plants in a non-sistemic solution very little of the substance is left on the bud if one watercures it instead of air-drying it.  Watercuring removes over 90% of the residual substances left on the buds after being treated numerous times in their lifetime.

http://www.overgrow.com/edge/showthread.php?s=&threadid=555115&highlight=watercure

You can have your cake and eat it...if you know how to prepare it.

I look at the world as all do, but I see something different

Always do RIGHT; this will gratify some people and astonish the rest.
Ganja View Drop Down
Sensi Administrator
Sensi Administrator

Quote Ganja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2007 at 12:07
Pyrethrum breaks down very rapidly in light, so it rarely even stays on plants after harvest, unless they're sprayed very close to the time that they're cut down.

Something that I just learned about pyrethrum is that it breaks down so fast, it doesn't always kill the insects it targets.

This is not to say that pyrethrum is not effective, just that it's very low-risk.

Insects that are affected by it (mammals and birds aren't except in massive doses) may be knocked down by exposure, but if it's not a lethal dose for them, their own metabolism and the action of light can quickly make the poison inactive, and they can recover.

This indicates how little residue is left on plants after spraying.

1) Pyrethrum is not toxic to humans
2) It's applied in tiny amounts - 1:1000 with water (1mg pyrethrum to 1litre H2O, with 5lt of mixture being enough for a roomful of plants)
3) It breaks down rapidly after being applied (within days or hours)
4) It doesn't make the plants themselves poisonous to the target insects (ie it's not a systemic poison), but only affects insects it touches when being sprayed.

The downside is that pyrethrum is not as effective as the more toxic poisons.
However, the fact that it's very broad spectrum, affecting most of the pests that infest cannabis, and that it's low risk to people who spray the plants and/or smoke them afterwards makes it one of the best all-round pest control substances.

Auto-flowering Cannabis Seeds!
No growing questions by PM, please!
connery View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote connery Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 June 2007 at 15:00
Ganja, what you explain is correct.  In fact if you spray pyretrum  under the sun it has no effect because disappeared too rapidly.  No problem for any insect , nor odf course human in any way after 2 days. It is admitted by the most restricted natural cultivation !
 Post Reply Post Reply