Cannabis Forum > Sensi Seeds > Outdoor Growing
  Sensi Cannabis Seeds Sensi Shop  Sensi Newsletter Newsletter  Cannabis & Marijuana Photos Cannabis Photos  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

too big!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
doktadelic View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote doktadelic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 July 2011 at 22:19
thanks sarah

i'll know for next time!!
joxxx View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote joxxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 July 2011 at 22:09
About the roots guys;

Isnt good to cut away the "wall" of roots, if it has gone that far, before replanting in a bigger pot?

Offcourse it will slow the plant down a bit, but if time is not an issue, that could be good, couldnt it? To get away that thick carpet of roots that buildsup when the roots reaches through the soil and hit the potwall.

I have done root trimming alot when replanting motherplants, and will do 1-2 a year with my bonsai mother project. Found this interesting article, and have to say that it looks great!  Its a brilliant idea with small bonsai mothers. And to keep them healthy and vigorous, you cut the roots then and then.. I thought that the same idea would work with the bigger mothers i´ve had aswell, and have trimmed when replanting (in some cases because i didnt really find a bigger pot, but still wanted some fresh soil for the ladies :))

Why would it be negative, except for the few weeks of slowed growth? Isnt it good for the plant to develop new, fresh roots???

---Go further and fare worse---
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12