Cannabis Forum > Sensi Seeds > Growing Archives > Lighting
  Sensi Cannabis Seeds Sensi Shop  Sensi Newsletter Newsletter  Cannabis & Marijuana Photos Cannabis Photos  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

different seeds, how many hours of light?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
smoking_girl View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote smoking_girl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: different seeds, how many hours of light?
    Posted: 18 November 2005 at 16:38
hey everybody,

recently bought the 40 mixed indoor seeds from the sensiseedshop and after some struggling i decided to do it the best, not the cheapest way and built a (in my opinion) perfect growbox and got me a right lamp.
but now onto my question:
does it make any difference for the seedlings, if they get all the same amount of light? in the indoormix are different breeds. don't they need different care?
for my "first time" i didn't want to buy the most expensive seeds so i tried the mix.
so.. are there any recommadations for the light-cirlce? i'd start of with 12/12 a day and increase it to 16/8 as soon as they are flowering.
and are there any recommadations for another breed than just the mixed ones?
Bowen View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Bowen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 November 2005 at 19:47

I think you have gotten your light cycles mixed up?

As Cannabis is an annual plant it shall grow and produce buds depending on what season it thinks it is. It will grow leaves and shoots in the summer but no buds. Buds only form when the plant believes it is Autumn. i.e shorter days.

18 on 6 off hours for veg. growth -Imitating Summer Days

12 on 12 off hours for flowering. - Imitating Shorter Days of Fall

Seedlings are still fragile so be careful with the distance of the light. I'm sure that the indoor mix is selected to grow relativly well together. Put a wee bit of care into building your grow room and the result will be sweet

Most Threads I've come across reccomend Northern Lights as plant for beginners. But when i start im goin for White Widow and Durban Poison. I won't be starting untill i know everything about the 2 strains, so that it will make the grow easier.

Things are looking up.........grind through it and you'll get there :)
 Post Reply Post Reply