Cannabis Forum > Sensi Seeds > Indoor Growing
  Sensi Cannabis Seeds Sensi Shop  Sensi Newsletter Newsletter  Cannabis & Marijuana Photos Cannabis Photos  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Hindu Kush Sativa Pheno?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
MrBuggins View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote MrBuggins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hindu Kush Sativa Pheno?
    Posted: 16 September 2011 at 22:12
Can someone explain to me how this is possible.

I purchased a pack of Hindu Kush from Sensi because I wanted a pure indica for my medical problems (crohn's disease) as strains with sativa in them actually make my pain worse, and give me panic attacks.

Here is Sensi's description of their Hindu Kush...

"This pure Indica seed-strain comes directly from the massive mountain range for which it is named. The Hindu Kush is the western spur of the Himalayas, covering half of Afghanistan and straddling the borders of Pakistan and India, reaching almost to China.

This cultivar has been selected for quality and stability over countless generations, always breeding within its own gene pool. Hindu Kush produces very consistent seedlings and is an excellent variety for uniform indoor crops grown straight from seed. Plants are dark green, squat and powerful with classic, broad-bladed Indica leaves. In warmer climates, below about 42°N, Hindu Kush can flourish outdoors.

Flowering is strong and reliable, producing fast harvests of thick Afghani buds even in the hands of a novice grower. Hindu Kush has a subtle scent of sandalwood tinged with the sweet aroma of fresh charas. Potency is remarkably high for a non-hybrid strain, with the mellow, positive body vibration possessed by the famous high-altitude Indicas. Hindu Kush also imparts a calm, contemplative mental state, instead of the brain-numbing stone of later Indica, Afghanica and Skunk hybrids."

If this is PURE INDICA as they state, and selected for quality and STABILITY, always INBRED, producing CONSISTENT seedlings, DARK GREEN, SQUAT, BROAD BLADED, etc etc. Then what the EF is going on with my seeds?

Out of 6 seeds that germinated, I've got three that sound like the above description, and three that look like PURE SATIVA! They are taller than the rest, lighter green, with very thin leaves. Side by side with a fellow grower's super silver haze plant from Greenhouse Seeds, they look almost identical. SSH is almost 100% saliva.

How is it possible to get a sativa pheno in a PURE indica?   I feel like I've gotten totally ripped off here, as this is not what their description stated. I emailed them about it, and just got a limp dick cut and paste response that said "Ask in the forum, we can't talk about cultivating cannabis" I've got a medical card in Canada, and I'm 100% legal to grow and use.

DriveBy View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote DriveBy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2011 at 05:09
Two above looks H Kush Ive growed from sensi but you mean uder them is similiar lookin plant? Hmm..
alecky View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote alecky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2011 at 06:15
Shit man you havnt even flowered them out yet and you can say for sure the 3 are sativa? Thats not possible,you need to see the plant fully flowered, and judge by the bud formation and then decide whether they are indica or sativa. You cant say by just looking at the leaves.

Ive had a few indicas with sativa looking leaves but the buds looked and smoked indica, and likewise in the JH i grew one plant had huge fat indica looking fan leaves but it turned out as sativa as her sisters.

I say its a bit early to decide,at least flower them out once and judge the whole plant.
"Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds"
MrBuggins View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote MrBuggins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2011 at 08:48
I don't need to flower them out to know that something aint right here. For a 100% indica, you would think there would be ZERO sativa characteristics, if it's truly what they say it is.

My photo depicts three plants from the same pack of HK beans. It's obvious by looking at them, that the one plant has some serious sativa characteristics.

Don't get me wrong, I do not expect all the plants to be identical, but this is a very drastic discrepancy. Enough to make me wonder if I got some other beans mixed in with my pack. And because sensi refuses to address my concerns, that also makes it seem very suspect.

The thing that I don't understand here is how a 100% indica plant has ANY sativa looks at all. If it's a truly inbred pure indica, then by definition, there should be not even the slightest chance of any sativa phonos.

Even when you have a 95% indica plant, there is always a chance of a sativa pheno sneaking it's way in there, and would not be entirely unexpected. But a 100% indica should be just that. 100% indica genes.
MrBuggins View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote MrBuggins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2011 at 08:51
Originally posted by DriveBy

Two above looks H Kush Ive growed from sensi but you mean uder them is similiar lookin plant? Hmm..

All three of these are hindu kush. The two top plants are what I expected to get out of a pure indica, the bottom plant looks NOTHING like an indica,

The photo does not do it justice, in person, these two variations look entirely different from each other. Not even the slightest similarity.
Krüller View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote Krüller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 September 2011 at 21:54
Excuse me what makes you say the plants look rather sativa than indica?
I create nature.
MrBuggins View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote MrBuggins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 September 2011 at 06:17
Are you trying to be obnoxious?

Or do you actually not know the physical differences between indica and sativa?

I'm happy to answer if you are being sincere.
Krüller View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote Krüller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 September 2011 at 11:13
Well I heard a lot of different things so far about the differences between indica and sativa and I have no idea of what is true.

Please help me?
I create nature.
MrBuggins View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote MrBuggins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 September 2011 at 11:29
Physical differences between the two: Indica's tend to be shorter, bushier, darker green, and have wide leaves, generally with a shorter flowering period, and thick dense buds.

Sativa's tend to be taller, lankier, lighter green, with skinny leaves, a longer flowering period, and often with buds that are longer and less dense.

If you look at the image I uploaded, you can see that one plant looks very different from the others. It looks very sativa-like, which should be impossible based on sensi's description of it being a pure indica with no sativa genes in it at all.
Krüller View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote Krüller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 September 2011 at 17:40
Ok thanks.
I create nature.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>