Cannabis Forum > Sensi Seeds > Seeds, Genes & Strains
  Sensi Cannabis Seeds Sensi Shop  Sensi Newsletter Newsletter  Cannabis & Marijuana Photos Cannabis Photos  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Afghani #1

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Schwarzenegger View Drop Down
Sensi Grower
Sensi Grower

Quote Schwarzenegger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2013 at 09:22
Well  there is a strain out  there that has almost identical flavour as Schwarzenegger.
It is the OG kush.
Problem with OG is the high isnt as calming as a pure indica like schwarzenegger, and the aftertaste of OG kush is somewhat "HOT" compared to the cooling aftertaste of Schwarzenegger.
Also , the flowering time of OG Kush is really long if you like dense nuggets; OG is airy bud up to the 10th week, scharzenegger is compact already at 42 days.
Next to that Scharzenegger is slightly stronger than OG Kush.

The Chemdawg , of wich OG Kush is said to be a direct linear decendent, is probably closely related to Schwarzenegger.
chemdawg is said to be mostly pakistani genetics.
it is for this reason I am planning to have pakis and Schwarzenegger  selfed, in the same room , in an attempt to crossbreed the two, without interference of males .

I do prefer regular seeds over feminised, but due to the lack of an ultrapotent male, I am obliged to cross them the artifcial way.

So what I am planning is to make a strain that is faster, stronger and slightly better tasting than OG Kush.
If i can get the stretching of Paki , and the density of Schwarzenegger, I think I may have a superb strain.
A plant that grows as lush as any other zommercial bud, with the flavour purest earthy tasting indica,

But thats still a pipedream.

"New shit has come to light, man" -the big Lebowski
martiniGR View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote martiniGR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2013 at 10:34
the Schwarzenegger has a low yield in my opinion, i advise you to try this: in week 3 to 4 step over to a half dosis pk13 14 and look what the does, if its not overfed, raise the dosi little by little.. thats what i did , caused by no money for other food, it gives a better yield and no leafs in the bud!
Some say friends do not exist, we cant make words for things that do not exist...
Willie van het Kerkhof, Groningen NL
Schwarzenegger View Drop Down
Sensi Grower
Sensi Grower

Quote Schwarzenegger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 July 2013 at 10:57
It is true schwarzenegger can perfom in a low yield modus.
IMO it is important to realise that Schwarzenegger doesnt like the HPS to be close, and it prefers to have a transitional preflowering period with 15 hours daylight.
This intermediate stage is very important.
Most low yielding indicas have a hard time with a sudden switch from 18 to 12 hours.
Although sativa plants are in need of an abrubt change of photoperiod, indicas seem to have a different nature in my humble opinion.

Providing a gradual shifting of photo period allows Schwarzenegger to perform even better.

I have seen schwarzenegger perform outstandingly on a rich organic diet of wormcastings an biobizz products.
Providing a fan to blow direct heat away from the foliage is no luxury.
pk 13/14 in the 3rd or 4th week of flowering is an excellent suggestion, but it does ruin the rapid calyx formation in the 5th and 6th week imo.
The balance of nitrogen versus potassium and fosforus should be looked after very well, otherwise the cola develop,ment will stagnate.
Also , having had best results on pure organic feeding, i am hesitant to add a non-organic compound that can damage beneficial bacterial herds in the soil imo.

To have indica perform outstandingly , I have good hopes for the soil mix I am planning to use.
30% canna coco, 40% wormcastings ( as fresh as possible), 5% used soil , 15% plagron royalty mix or if unuavailable "Welkoop Landgoed aarde = dutch soil),10% sand, and a handfull of Maerl. ( a dutch lime soil from the south of the netherlands)

The canna coco provides structure and drainage,
the wormcastings provide micronutrients, nutriends humic and vulvic acids,
the royalty mix is good for buffering a bit of nutrients, and contains a wide spectrum of well balanced nutrients/micronutrients
The sand provides lateral waterflow in soil , allowing evenly dispersed water.
The maerl acts as a ph buffer, and provides magnesium for assisting in fast growth

Using above recipe will result in easier growing indicas.
( it is only part of my basic recipe, sometimes it is eminent to change , according to circumstances, like adding more or less coco, or adding coffegrounds or tea remnants to chase away lice....

Indicas , and expecially afghani , are "beyond"ormal weed.
But, if you want a big harvest , imo one needs to really pamper them , and get to know their character.,

Just like getting to know a lady...

"New shit has come to light, man" -the big Lebowski
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12