Cannabis Forum > Hash Marihuana & Hemp Museum > Expand Your Mind
  Sensi Cannabis Seeds Sensi Shop  Sensi Newsletter Newsletter  Cannabis & Marijuana Photos Cannabis Photos  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

The Universe

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
octobersun View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote octobersun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: The Universe
    Posted: 12 October 2011 at 15:54
Well after a nice smoke and looking up at the night sky, I pondered away to myself.  Then I thought about all of the stars in the sky that we can see and thought, there must be planets around those stars.  So I had to find out and did some research and low and behold, Exoplanets are real.  Heres a picture of one.

And this is a link to a mnd blowing documentary if you like that kind of thing :-)
breizh ganja View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote breizh ganja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 October 2011 at 22:06
niiiice! i know there is ...brothers in this ..big universe !
Rémi Gaillard...take a look !
haggis View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote haggis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2011 at 08:03
I have a theory:
There must be intelligent life somewhere in this universe, what with umpteen galaxies, of which we've seen only a small percentage?  Surely some of those must have the right conditions for intelligent life on one of the planets orbiting one of those stars?
Here's the clincher; Then why have we not been visited by these lifeforms?  Well, imagine this - Every developing civilisation, like ours, gets to a certain point in its' technicological advancement where they're stripping the planet's resources heavily in order to progress - to space travel for example.  What if this advancement is so detrimental to the planet and takes so long that these worlds self extinguish before they manage to develop that technology?  Sound familiar?
Or, maybe we've been beaten in the Universal space race, been assessed and catagorised as 'Little green and blue planet. Hopelessly stupid dominant species determined to self destruct by polluting itself and consuming all resources.  Avoid. Rating: 1 out of 10 - Don't waste your interstella drive fuel.'

Meanwhile, back on Earth...%3cig%3c  I need to get a telescope.  There are no street lights here - no light pollution, no cities anywhere nearby so no air pollution.  Star fields are incredible, when there's no cloud cover.  Wibble.
"We should have a dope-a-thon. You know, try to raise money for like all the people that lost their crops."
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote octobersun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2011 at 10:56
Or maybe their evolution isnt as advanced as ours yet... perhaps they are at the idealic creation stage?

Or if your partcial to watching programmes about physics, maybe we are living as part of a cosmic hologram, or we exist in an infinity of parallel worlds?

I watched this wicked programme by Horizon, which went into quantum physics and there are scientists who genuinelly belive this theory...   http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00xxgbn 

Wow you're lucky with the stars where you are then haggis, we have allot of light pollution here, but we do have an observatory of which the general public can use.  I've seen Saturn!  Amazing :-)
haggis View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote haggis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2011 at 11:13
I'll give that programme a view later.  Won't be smoking tonight or for a while though - I'm all out %3cuch

"We should have a dope-a-thon. You know, try to raise money for like all the people that lost their crops."
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote octobersun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2011 at 11:32
Ah my sympathy is with you, however I think it does the mind good to have a cleanse every now and then, and it will be worth the wait come harvest time :-)
haggis View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote haggis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2011 at 12:27
Hope so. 
My pal brought me a batch of some 'god-knows-what' strain ages ago, covered in resin.  I swear, you had to watch out with it as I was still feeling pretty smashed in the morning.  It wasn't home grown by anyone he knew, so he had no idea what it was and it pretty much looked like every other bud with reddish hairs.

I was wrong about the Mex Sativa, BTW.  You can get the regular seeds from Sensi still.

Apparently my Lowryders were posted by my mate on Friday.  He said there were about 25 seeds.  Sweet.  I wish I'd had them first as I wont have the room for them now and they'd have finished earlier than this little lot. Grrrr.

No dope, no hope %3chumbs%20Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote octobersun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2011 at 17:11
Ah well something nice to look forward too with the lowriders?

If only you were round the corner, I could help you out although this stuff his very heady, not my bag really.
haggis View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote haggis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 October 2011 at 20:09
I just spoke with him, and like the stereotypical smoker "Ah, I WAS going to post them yesterday, but..."
"Err, I thought you said you posted them on Friday"
"Well, I was going to.  It'll be Tuesday now till I pick them up"
"Pick them up? I thought you had them already?"

I really can't get on his case as they're are freebies, but they're only free if he actually gets round to collecting and posting them.

People eh? %3clown

Thanks for the kind offer.  I am de-toxing at the moment, but not by choice.
At least the Lowryders will be ready for Christmas(ish), if they ever make it here.
CowardlyCustard View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote CowardlyCustard Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 August 2015 at 18:35
a tough universe There's all sorts of people trying to do you, kill you, rip you off, everything. If you're going to survive out there, you've really got to know where your towel is.
Nec Plus Ultra
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>