Cannabis Forum > Sensi Seeds > Growing Archives > Lighting
  Sensi Cannabis Seeds Sensi Shop  Sensi Newsletter Newsletter  Cannabis & Marijuana Photos Cannabis Photos  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Power Usage?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Melon View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Melon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Power Usage?
    Posted: 08 December 2005 at 15:21

Im not so sure about my start for indoor growing so if somoene could help me out with these questions i got ..

Hm anyone here just pluggs in his lamp and pays the electricty bill or do you need to tapp it before the meter and "steal"electricty?

And if this is done legal, what will the costs be like at the end of the month?

I dont know this and couldnt find any info about , anyway i got a 400 watt bulb with travo.. but i think at the end i should figure out how much wattage i use and how much the costs are per kw .. every bit of info is welcome ..

thanks..Greetings , Melon

Ganja View Drop Down
Sensi Administrator
Sensi Administrator

Quote Ganja Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 December 2005 at 11:21

A 400w lamp on a flowering cycle consumes 4.8 kilowatt/hours per day.

A 400w lamp on a veg cycle uses 7.2kw/h per day.

You can work out consumption by mulitplying the wattage (in kilowatts) by the number of hours per day that the device will be in use.

A 400w lamp is 0.4kw x 12hrs = 4.8kw/h per day.

How much this costs can be difficult to work out. For instance, Nuon states that a kw/h costs a certain amount (15 eurocents? 5 ec? something like that) but when the end of year bill arrives, you dicover that each unit of gas and electricity costs around three times the stated cost, when 'transport', 'service', BTW and all sorts of other charges are figured in. I got a shock when I received my end of year bill.

But Nuon are really bad like that. High prices and poor service.

As for stealing electricty ... I'm not an expert on that. In some ways, the ancient methods that are still used in Holland to take meter readings are wide open for abuse.

But this adds another possibility of getting caught - not for growing but for stealing power. Nuon are very aware that people steal power, so they may spot it. And if they do catch you, they estimate what you've taken and bill you for the complete amount, plus ccharges.

I've heard of growers getting caught and ending up owing more money to Nuon than in per-plant fines.

Still, there's always Oxxio...

Auto-flowering Cannabis Seeds!
No growing questions by PM, please!
americano View Drop Down
Sensi Seedling
Sensi Seedling

Quote americano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 December 2005 at 12:09
enerco will charge you out the ass, but you only have 1, 400w dont worry about it, just dont use your drooger voor je kleding
I REMAIN
U KYIN SWAN
Melon View Drop Down
Sensi Advanced Grower
Sensi Advanced Grower

Quote Melon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 December 2005 at 01:51

Ha ye nuon them f**kers and the enerco aswell :P

im just a student with a tight budget who likes to smoke weed. But buying my weed in the local cofeeshop is costing me more monthly than growing it myself.  And i grew a plant last year outside which was so amazing that i just had to continue with growing , i was hooked ..

I just need to work some things out and test these findings first before I want to start.    You helped it out a bit for me ganja i will try to calculate it all the way.

And yes americano using a dryer for your clothes will almost use the same amount.Hm I also agree that stealing is not the solution if you use one 400 watt only :) it is just for personal use intended..

Now what are good anti detection materials/methods for a small closet or shed?And where are they easy to get from? I possibly think local grow shops but i avoid them as much as i can since in our region theres alot of polices watches those and that just frickin sucks

Thanks for the bits n pieces of info , keep posting ..

Melon

::The growing was great , the flowering was great , the smoking was the best. !!!::
 Post Reply Post Reply