Print Page | Close Window

Jabberwocky 52

Printed From: Sensi Seeds Shop
Category: Sensi Seeds
Forum Name: Outdoor Grow Diaries
Forum Discription: For photos of your outdoor grow, from germination to harvest!
URL: http://forum.sensiseeds.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=10539
Printed Date: 13 December 2017 at 21:51

Topic: Jabberwocky 52
Posted By: sicklehand
Subject: Jabberwocky 52
Date Posted: 27 April 2012 at 18:05
Well growers/smokers/enthusiasts its that time of year again
time to try my luck in the great outdoors with our favorite plant
this season i've gone with a freezeland/friesland bx(boreal genetics)& iranian autoflower(Dr greenthumb) also two plants that germinated in one of my raised veg beds at the beginning of april that i think are Shiva Shanti but to be honest
could be anything, because i put all my un germinated seeds & used soil in the raised beds, hhhanyway all will be grown as organically as possible(because thats the way i like it lol) and finished in 50lt tubs.

Heres the breeder info

Freeze Mix
Expect productive plants that give potent and piney buds.
Freezeland 2bx X Freezeland bx F2
Mostly Indica
Outdoor (Harvest Mid to End September ± 45 Days)

Iranian autoflower
Finished height   18" - 30"
Yield             100 to 300 g
Finish            June! July!August!
Frost Resistance -Excellent

And here are the freezeland & the two unknowns
the iranians are indoors vegging under 24hr light
until they reach 12"-15" in height

Wishing all northern outdoor growers
Good luck & weather

Replies:
Posted By: 1966
Date Posted: 01 May 2012 at 19:43
Hello Sickle i wish you luck with the outdoor grow.
I still have to get my early skunk germed for my first outdoor grow attempt so will have to refer to your last years exploits for some tips because if i remember rightly you grew the early skunk with great success.
You have a good evening.

-------------
Live and let live

Date Posted: 02 May 2012 at 11:00
hi kph, early skunk is a great outdoor strain yield/hardiness easily one of the best ive grown, i would of gone for it this season but i was recommended the freezeland by someone on another forum and the allure of a 45day flowering time was to much for my growers brain to handle, the iranian auto are very interesting to me as there not a true auto as they contain no rudi meaning you can veg them on 24hr light to the size you want but as soon as the light cycle changes they will flower also the early "gene" is meant to transfer well in breeding which is great because i plan to pollinate them with a black domina male to make very potent early offspring(hopefully) also there both indica so should lol match up nicely.

good luck & good weather   

Posted By: sarah louise
Date Posted: 02 May 2012 at 14:52
Sounds like fun and games in Sickleland. All the best for the growing season %3c3ceed%3c20leaf

'Twas brillig, and the slithy toves 
   Did gyre and gimble in the wabe;
All mimsy were the borogoves,
   And the mome raths outgrabe.

-------------
What doesn't kill me just makes me stranger...

Date Posted: 02 May 2012 at 22:52
hehe SL your the first person to notice where i nicked the name from

Date Posted: 03 May 2012 at 01:49
Beware the Jabberwocky my son!

My kids used to love listening to me read that poem.

-------------

Posted By: l0ld4ve
Date Posted: 06 May 2012 at 10:20
I've always wondered, when the info says "Outdoor (Harvest Mid to End September ± 45 Days", shouldn't it include the appropriate latitudes to such a time span? I mean, where I live, in Central America, the weather and sun exposure is pretty much the same all year round, unless we get an extremely raw rain season. If the plan is to harvest by late September, when would be an appropriate moment to plant?

Date Posted: 06 May 2012 at 11:21
it should but who would buy them if they knew that they wouldnt finish until november at there latitude(above 49n), these freezeland seeds are bred outdoors in quebec which ranges from 47n-60+n and are grown all over canada im not expecting them to finish when they say they do, i never do theres to many variables weather,climate,micro climate,etc they should start to flower anytime from august 15th - september 1st at my latitude so should finish oct 15th - end oct but we'll see

Date Posted: 06 May 2012 at 20:24
So it's more a vague but optimistic estimate for northern hemisphere growers. Down here we're at 14º 38' N, sun lights for 11 or 12 a day, equal dark periods, so basically we can grow all year round outside, but it would be nice to have an estimated time of arrival, at least to reduce the urge to cut it too soon, I've seen it happen.

I actually ended up with an auto seed earlier this year, can't really say how or where I got it, as far as I know none of my farming mates has them. 11 weeks later and the plant is up for grabs. Didn't grew that much, I don't think she liked the tropical heat, or maybe she needed a different feeding regime.

Your little farming venture looks great, keep it green.

Date Posted: 07 May 2012 at 11:00
lold, i hve read somewhere that for every degree north from 0-39n you grow you can add on a week to the given flowering time, but i doubt if this true

also today is the first bit of sunshine i ve had here for over a month
ive had 2 greenhouse blasting out to keep things moving alone
where has the summer gone?

Date Posted: 13 May 2012 at 14:15
little update, the weathers been shite the last few weeks
so progress has been slow, but hey!!

still no nutrients just rain water
also they been potted up to 3L pots
all are uniform at the mo one is a crinkly freak
but i think shell grow out of it.

Posted By: alecky
Date Posted: 13 May 2012 at 15:06
Nice1 sickle, they look nice n healthy. How's the IA'S doing? I put one in the ground yesterday, fingers, crossed eh!!? Weather has been absolutely cap here too, had a thunder storm during the week where a couple of inches of hail fell. It's jabberwocky for sure, everything backwards! Might be better to grow during the winter next yr!!

-------------
"Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds"

Date Posted: 13 May 2012 at 15:15
the IA are coming along nicely considering they havent had prime position in the veg room(to many clones)been reading lots of great thing about the IA it seem to be the holy grail! for earliness/yield, hows the BBxGG etc?
the weather is messed up it rained for a month then a few days sunshine then back to black & gloomy.

Date Posted: 13 May 2012 at 16:52
Hello Sickle.
I think it won't be to long before the uk summer is consigned to the history books. I have worked outdoors for over 25 years and i have noticed a definite change over the last decade were by the seasons are all to cock and you never know what is in store.
Half the country with a hose pipe ban and receiving flood warnings and this isn't the first year that that has happened.
Soon the only way to grow outdoors in the uk will be using lights.
Are they still in the greenhouse?I topped my super skunks but did not have the heart to bin them so stuck them in the ground and low and behold they have rooted but i know they won't ammount to much but we'll see.
Good luck to you and wishing you better weather.

-------------
Live and let live

Date Posted: 13 May 2012 at 20:53
i think your right kph, the last few springs here have been early & dry, but this spring everything is late flowers/trees/etc & wet, madness!! the freezeland are still in the greenhouse bud im hoping for all of us the worst is behind us an i can put them outside some time in june

Date Posted: 14 May 2012 at 14:01
Your littl'uns look nice Sickle, fingers crossed you guys get some decent weather this season.  Here it's 4.5C outside... should be a frosty morning.

-------------

Date Posted: 14 May 2012 at 14:32
Thanks SL, im not far of that temp at the mo, so much for global warming hey!!   

Date Posted: 22 May 2012 at 10:37
Had some sunny days the last two weeks
so things have picked up pace
still no nutrients

some nice funk coming from a few of them
all apart from the crinkly one have nice fat
indica leafs

the mutant is the third one in \/

Posted By: coverking
Date Posted: 22 May 2012 at 13:13
looking all very nice and healthy Sickle,
i hope the sun sticks around for us only a few days and you can see the difference big time

-------------
Growing Weed is like a Game of Chess! You must think before you move!

Date Posted: 22 May 2012 at 13:16
on a guess how many watts is the sun lol,
and no matter how hot it gets the plants dont get heat stress??
time for me to have a cool drink i think

-------------

Date Posted: 22 May 2012 at 13:26
Originally posted by coverking

At a little over 90 million miles away, the light of the sun reaches earth at around 130W per square foot.

-------------

Date Posted: 22 May 2012 at 13:40
yeah what SL said lol

Posted By: Proteus
Date Posted: 22 May 2012 at 13:44
The tv says the sun is approx 1000w a square meter. I didnt see sarahs post but it sounds about the same

-------------

Date Posted: 22 May 2012 at 13:52
heres the Iranian autos/short season,
they've been held up by me growing them indoors
under a cfl duh!! i'm now putting them out during the day
and bringing them in at night to keep them on 24h light

Date Posted: 23 May 2012 at 02:41
Grow little planties grow!

-------------

Date Posted: 23 May 2012 at 04:19
lol Sl, i think they would of been twice the size if id
just grew them outdoors, you live & learn hopefully...

Date Posted: 23 May 2012 at 12:15
Originally posted by sarah louise

At a little over 90 million miles away, the light of the sun reaches earth at around 130W per square foot.

thanks sarah a good bit of info to pipe up with when every ones stoned lol

-------------

Posted By: Melvan
Date Posted: 23 May 2012 at 21:27
Originally posted by sarah louise

Cool

Date Posted: 23 May 2012 at 21:39
Melvan the sun is not cool.
It is very very hot i would definitely not handle it without oven gloves on.
You have a good evening.

-------------
Live and let live

Date Posted: 24 May 2012 at 02:04

thanks sarah a good bit of info to pipe up with when every ones stoned lol

I was very good at trivial pursuit.

-------------

Date Posted: 26 May 2012 at 09:02
its not my month!! ive got a poor M/F ratio on the freezeland its ealy days yet but theres only two that havent shown there sex yet, ive planted some BB x GG3 to make up the difference, all i need is one freezeland and i can clone her to death lol

Posted By: Hash Driveway
Date Posted: 26 May 2012 at 22:10
Hope your luck's in sickle, I'm playing Nothing But Flowers by Talking Heads to assist the process. 

Date Posted: 27 May 2012 at 02:00
Originally posted by Hash Driveway

Hope your luck's in sickle, I'm playing Nothing But Flowers by Talking Heads to assist the process. 

That's an awesome song by an awesome band. Awesome choice.%3co%20high

Date Posted: 27 May 2012 at 14:52
we have a female people, you cant see it but im dancing a jig at this very moment, happy days are here again the skys are blue bla bla bla

Date Posted: 28 May 2012 at 16:12
here the Freezeland Bx its a shame only ones a female, i may get another one hopefully

she's back right of the pic

here the iranians although ive been told
the dr greenthumb stole this strain and its real name
is Manitoba meds, hes not liked in his own country lol

good luck & good weather

Date Posted: 28 May 2012 at 17:54
yes yes mr hand! all looking like they've come on leaps and bounds,
lovley green leaves

-------------

Date Posted: 29 May 2012 at 11:16
thanks ck, the IA are not like i expected at all, much more slow growing, probably because they have no rudi in them or so ive read, the freezeland bx are beautiful plants, im in the process of purchasing 3 more packs for next season. hows your outdoor shenanigans going?   

Date Posted: 29 May 2012 at 11:40
Looking lovely sickle, pity about all the males, having said that, they showed sex pretty fast didnt they? No signs on any of mine yet. I find the IA to be a slow grower too but everything this year seems to be taking there time, probably cause spring was so poor!

So whats the plan now? Are you taking clones to grow them outside or clones to do a seed run indoors? Is there enough time to take clones, root them and finish them outdoors?

-------------
"Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds"

Date Posted: 29 May 2012 at 12:10
thanks bro, yeah they did show quickly its a good sign so ive been told, ill be taking clones of the freezland(s)lol i get, there should be time root & grow them(hopefully) ill be making freeze seeds outdoors the old fashioned way, with the BD x IA theres a problem as in the IA will flower before the BD will, i havent got my head around that one yet i might have to keep one IA vegging as long as possible and flower/make seeds in doors rather than taking cuttings of it. also im hoping to time flowering stinkpig, my trainwreck, psychosis when the freezeland males flower to make some interesting crosses..

as per usual ive bitten off more than i can chew!!

Date Posted: 29 May 2012 at 13:24
Originally posted by sicklehand

thanks ck, the IA are not like i expected at all, much more slow growing, probably because they have no rudi in them or so ive read, the freezeland bx are beautiful plants, im in the process of purchasing 3 more packs for next season. hows your outdoor shenanigans going?   

not bad thanks mate i hacked my plant to bits for clones now shes recovered and on the grow again. ive been putting a couple of clones,
out for a couple of hours a day to harden them up a bit,
good times in the sun hey

-------------

Date Posted: 29 May 2012 at 20:43
wah hey, just ordered me some more freezeland bx, im determined to have this strain, it sounds right up my street and from the males/female lol i do have this going to be a winner, if!! theres always and if, it can stand up to the uk autumn, the original was breed in northern holland Frisian coastal province by the sssc so should be suited to damp conditions, bring it on lol

Date Posted: 29 May 2012 at 21:47
Damp conditions are the worst...

Date Posted: 12 June 2012 at 12:23
its been a while, so heres the IA & freezeland bx, ive used mychorrizal fungi on this seasons grow and it seems to have done wonders the roots have gone bananas filling the pots quicker than normal i would normally pot up to the final 50lt pots at the end of june/beginning aurgust but these will need doing in a week or so

first up the IA im really liking this strain it has a nice
smell and seems hardy, we'll see how well it produces, im looking
forward to seeing the offspring of this and Blackdomina

now the freezeland bx i have three female two of which
showed as males first so im a bit worried that they'll be hermi's
one of which has the pink pistils that this strain is noted for

i really think that with the way the northern climate is
going the first company to release a stable hardy outdoor auto
that can produce a good amount of bud and be consistently potent
will rake in the rewards as theres a huge gap in the market for it

Date Posted: 12 June 2012 at 17:10
Alls looking well in Sickleland.
Good luck with the rest of the grow i will be watching to see how these turn out as i am sure will many other very interested folk.
You have a good day.

-------------
Live and let live

Date Posted: 12 June 2012 at 18:19
thanks kph, theyve handled rain,wind,cold nights,lack of sun all without a scratch so far well a bit of wind burn on a few leafs but thats it, ive potted two females up to the 50lt pots but the other one will have to wait until tomorrow as ive run out of perlite lol all in all its a good outdoor strain so far and at the price £22.50 for 12 reg seeds you cant go wrong the IA i received by lets say ermmm paddy power lol

Date Posted: 12 June 2012 at 22:16
Looking lovely sickle, whats the plan re the hedge? Are ya still going ahead with it? Hows the BB x GG#3, any pics?%3congue

The IA's look great too, i agree, i think autos are the way to go for us northern growers, ill reserve judgement though till we see how the "early" strains do. Next yr i might try white labels offerings, or with some luck ill be trying IA x BD.

-------------

Date Posted: 12 June 2012 at 22:19
Hey your tomatos are flying along too, mine are minuscule in comparison!But they do have 2 sets of flowers on them.

-------------

Date Posted: 12 June 2012 at 22:29
ill post some BBGG pics tomorrow, the hedge will be ehh different i might just lay them down and bush they out instead, the toms are getting there nowhere near as tall as the last few years though, ive taken cuts of both IA so it happening mate one way or another

Date Posted: 12 June 2012 at 22:33
Was going to ask ya about taking cuts of those, so i take it its possible?! Do do bring them back under artificial 18/6 or root them outside, i assumed if i took cuttings that they would just go into flower like the mother.

The timing is off now, but if i could keep the IA around till i get a male cali indica, id have a go at making some seed for next yr.

-------------

Date Posted: 12 June 2012 at 22:38
im not a 100% sure from what i read it is possible at 24h light, i took them as a back up really if they fail ill germ the other two indoors and do it that way

Date Posted: 16 June 2012 at 11:14
received my 2 packs of freezeland bx with extra seeds in + 25 S.A.L freebies today, lots of auto afghan & freezeland crosses in the freebies happy days roll on next season lol.

Date Posted: 22 June 2012 at 11:26
where do i start nothing about this grow has been straight forward first it was females showing as males, then the weathers shot to bits due to the jet stream moving meaning the south is getting the norths weather and now the freeze are flowering in june!! madness i tells ye, whats next the second coming of was his bollocks, you know, the magic man lol

anyway here some pix
the IA are coming along nicely in the greenhouse
a lot taller then id expected, the freeze are flowering but im thinking they will snap out of it hopefully!!

still no nutrients although if they
continue to flower they'll get some flower ferts

Date Posted: 22 June 2012 at 13:07
just wondering if any other northern outdoor growers are experiencing early flowering??? this strain has no auto in genes and by rights should be huge by now, any ideas on why this has happened low light levels? etc short of there being a mix up at the seed co which the owner assures me hasnt happened as he packed them him self im stumped, still ill make seeds from them just in case its a trait that will stick around

Date Posted: 03 July 2012 at 06:47
Hi mate the plants are looking good. no signs of flowering on any of mine, infact most have only started to show pre-flowers now. Are yours still flowering? 

-------------

Date Posted: 03 July 2012 at 09:55
hey bud, i think there snapping out of it they've gained a little more height but this could be due to flowering stretch i think that crappy weather we had a few weeks ago triggered them to flower, ill post some pix later today, one has started to produce resin and has a sweet pine smell a couple of males are beginning to flower too, so no hedge this year, the IA are creeping along and are on 10ml - 10lt flower feed so it shouldnt be long before i have some buds to post

Date Posted: 04 July 2012 at 16:02
heres some pix, the IA are on 5ml grow + 10ml flower nutrients,
the freeze are getting bigger and will get a blast of grow ferts in the next week as i think they've reveg'd

Posted By: Ganja
Date Posted: 04 July 2012 at 16:10
I don't think it's a huge problem, but that depends on how they progress.

I've heard a few reports of what might be early flowering this year, though at this stage it's hard to tell if it's just pre-flowering (maybe more vigorous than normal).

It could also be  temporary reaction due to the strange weather we've had this season. Photoperiod is the main influence on flowering in normal plants, but they definitely take cues from other environmental factors such as heat, humidity, rainfall, etc. The rapidly changing spring/summer may have caused some plants to react as though the season is reaching its end, but I'd expect them to return to normal growth if the weather evens out a bit. This reaction to an unfavourable growing climate can also trigger hermaphrodism/intersexuality. Plants reacting this way often reverts by themselves if conditions improve

A third option is that they have been triggered to flower and they'll continue to do so, finishing in the next couple of months. Not too likely, this one, as the days are still very long.

A fourth option is that they've been pushed too far into flowering to revert completely to veg growth, but the days are too long to allow them to flower normally. Again, this one isn't too likely, but I have seen plants doing both - the pistils at the flowering sites multiply slowly but steadily (not as fast as in true flowering), while the plants continue to grow, making the eventual full-sized buds longer and more staggered. Sativas tend to do this anyway, but it can look a bit odd on Indicas.

-------------
http://sensiseeds.com/s-en/cannabis-seeds/auto - Auto-flowering http://sensiseeds.com/cannabis-seeds - Cannabis Seeds!
No growing questions by PM, please!

Date Posted: 04 July 2012 at 16:16
hey sickle my outdoor plant has showed signs of being a lady,
i can see she looks like shes going into bloom,
ive just put her in a 15 litre pot incase she goes into flower
im new to this outdoor caper, so im just gona go with it

-------------

Date Posted: 04 July 2012 at 16:17
yours are looking mighty fine by the way mate

-------------

Date Posted: 05 July 2012 at 10:31
thanks G,CK, im hoping that they grow out of it and maybe ill get a hedge after all the buds that started to form are stretching out on two of them the others are not flowering at all so maybe ill use them for the hedge, im going to have to kill the males as they are chucking pollen already and concentrate on the IA X Black D

Date Posted: 06 July 2012 at 12:57
All looks lovely Sickle, with any luck your girls will begin to behave... might have to get the whip out and cracking.

-------------

Date Posted: 06 July 2012 at 21:57
Looking great sickle, great to see some sunshine too, was forgetting what it looked like! The ia's are looking good too, bring on the buds!! Best of luck for the rest of the season. What about your barry gibbs? 

-------------

Date Posted: 07 July 2012 at 09:46
Thanks Sl,Alecky, the barrys have given to my old timer friend, i had a twang of paranoia as i have 5 BD male, 5 freeze fems, 6 freese male,2 IA fems, and with 9 Barry Gibbs it was to much, on another the note the IA clones are vegging with no signs of flowering so i guess it is possible, the green house IA had some epsom salts to stave of yellowing they may get a potted up because i didnt think they'd get this big so are only in 15lt buckets, im going to try and put up the net today it maybe a little late but hey nothing about this grow has normal i may as well roll with it.

Date Posted: 08 July 2012 at 11:30
go sickle you a man with a plan

-------------

Date Posted: 12 July 2012 at 11:55
ok where was i, the Ia are in full swing & are getting 10ml-10lt flower fert ill slowly up the dose over time, the freeze has been hedged & seem to be fine the two that early flowered are still looking the same just stretched out a tad & the free range stinkpig has revegged and is a 10lt pot, the hedge will get tuned up over the next few weeks moving branches about & topping some when they are long enough, thats about it for now good luck & good weather

oh ive started to make seed from the best male freeze hes stinky & bushy and has pollinated the BD pheno, stinkpig, psychosis, so far the Ia will be done in a few days

Date Posted: 12 July 2012 at 12:33
Lookin and sounding nice Sickle.
Fingers crossed for a bit of good weather for you.
Is your back ok now?
Have a good day.

-------------
Live and let live

Date Posted: 12 July 2012 at 13:25
thanks KPH, the back is almost back to normal i get a twinge if i bend over but apart from that it fine, lets hope for an indian summer hey.

Date Posted: 23 July 2012 at 10:52
heres a few bud shots of the IAF
im impressed with this strain its bigger than id thought
so should produce a fare amount of bud fast, its just started to produce resin, also a pic of the BD boys still hanging in there after all the crappy weather aand a pic of good old trusty stinkpig in a pot in the greenhouse, the IAF are on 30ml-10l flower fert, stinkpig is on 10ml-10l grow fert and the BD boys are on the same

Date Posted: 23 July 2012 at 10:58
Looking sweet Sickle... I'd love a hedge like that.

-------------

Date Posted: 23 July 2012 at 11:06
thanks SL, the hedge is coming along nicely ill post pictures when the sun hits them in about 45 min, ive been biz lately so havent been around much how is your grow doing good i hope

Date Posted: 23 July 2012 at 11:14
nice buds sickle a real pretty picture
of a happy garden, fairplay

-------------

Date Posted: 23 July 2012 at 11:43
thanks ck, heres the hedge not as tidy as last seasons
because the freezeland bx dosent like bushing out
theres also some garden pix sorry that the courgettes are in the way
its there turn in that bed

Date Posted: 23 July 2012 at 14:33
lovley! i love green tomatoes yours look tastey
you must have some tasty veg dishes at your place sickle,
im gona have a go next year with some various bits

-------------

Posted By: breizh ganja
Date Posted: 24 July 2012 at 19:18
nice sickle! i m sure i should apreciate your meal...from the garden of course ! you have greenfingers !

-------------
Rémi Gaillard...take a look !

Date Posted: 26 July 2012 at 10:49
Ck go for it, you shouldnt only use your green fingered skills for pot
use what you have learnt!!

BG i like to grow vegi's my mrs says im prematurely middle aged lol

Date Posted: 27 August 2012 at 14:44
its been a while lol
anyway heres the freezeland the ones that didnt
prematurely flower back in june/july all started to flower
august 15th which is ehhh early there looking great with bright pinky purple
pistils which are common with this strain, sadly the irain autoflower turned to mush in the hot humid weeks i had and there wasnt enough air movement in the greenhouse

the next two pictures are the ones that flower in june/july
i think ill try my hand at making hash with these

Date Posted: 27 August 2012 at 18:42
Looking great mate, the purple/pink pistils are gorgeous! Shame about the iranian auto, I've been having some mold on my one that's in the little greenhouse, had to cut a few buds off already. The one planted in the ground and out in the elements is unaffected tho. Going to harvest them this weekend, lovely lemon smell from them.

Of the others the BCM is the winner, started flowering first week of August. Hope I can keep a clone alive for next yr, with some decent weather and a bit more topping and training, she would do very well. I updated thread a couple of days ago.

-------------

Date Posted: 28 August 2012 at 03:52
The garden looks gorgeous Sickle :D

-------------

Date Posted: 28 August 2012 at 10:48
thanks alecky/Sl, the courgettes have taken a battering from the wind but everything else is producing nicely beetroot, beans, onions, shallots, garlic, toms, chard, chilli's, lots of herbs too, yea the autos were a success despite getting the rot i can see that they with the right environment would produce well, im thinking off putting some sort of extractor fan in the greenhouse to keep the air moving on the hot still days

Date Posted: 28 August 2012 at 11:08
yeah baby all looking busy in sickleland!

-------------

Posted By: Ganja
Date Posted: 03 September 2012 at 16:36
Those are some pretty (and very dark) purple pistils!

-------------
http://sensiseeds.com/s-en/cannabis-seeds/auto - Auto-flowering http://sensiseeds.com/cannabis-seeds - Cannabis Seeds!
No growing questions by PM, please!

Date Posted: 03 September 2012 at 23:54
Originally posted by sicklehand

im thinking off putting some sort of extractor fan in the greenhouse to keep the air moving on the hot still days

I'm thinking that is an excellent idea... mind you the visible power lead running down to the hothouse was what got me busted when the copper chopper flew over the area.

Still an excellent idea... just make sure the power lead isn't visible.

-------------

Date Posted: 04 September 2012 at 06:27
thanks G they appear much more pink in real life i think the colour is up on the camera

thanks sl ill make sure i hide the cable an inch or so under the grass

Date Posted: 05 September 2012 at 11:06
Heres some more bud picture of the two freezeland phenos
the white pistil one is fattening up fast than the purple/pink one and is more frosty,but not as nice to look at lol all had a shot of fishmix uesterday as they have some yellowing on the lower leafs

and here the later pheno she started to flower the week after
the others

the harvest has begun lol i removed these to open up the
premature ones so the air could get in there

Date Posted: 05 September 2012 at 11:42
Top notch work as usual Mr Sickle.
Really bonny looking purple flowers.
I hope the weather holds up for you.
Best of luck with the rest of the grow.
Have a nice day.

-------------
Live and let live

Date Posted: 05 September 2012 at 11:49
thank 66, wishing you the same.

Date Posted: 05 September 2012 at 16:02
Nice 1, sickle they look great! To have plants that far into flowering at this time of year is a definite result! %3chumbs%20Up Having nice coloured pistils is a brucie bonus in my book! Nice resin coverage too, even on the early cut pieces. Any clones of these early plants, or are they part of your seed making endeavours?

-------------

Date Posted: 05 September 2012 at 16:11
i have taken cuts of the white and purple as they are the earlys, my plan is to cross a stinkpig x freezeland male that shows pig traits(stink/taste/etc) back to the purple & white freezeland and see how they do outdoors next year but ill see what i get from the 10 pig x freeze im germing at the mo as they could be a lowed of shite

Date Posted: 05 September 2012 at 20:11
I almost forgot here are the Black domina boys
of which one is a girl they havent been cared for really
just water and the odd bit of grow fert

this is the earliest one he started about
2-3 weeks ish ago

second earliest one week ish ago

third earliest

this is the surprise female which
ill leave to be knocked up by the three
earliest males.

and this little fella is to late

ive put my Iranian auto cuttings in to flower a few days ago
so they should kick off just as the boys are in full swing

Date Posted: 13 September 2012 at 11:14
bud update the freezeland keeps chugging along with no sign of slowing bud development due to the cold temps, they show great resistance to the elements with not a drop of the rot so far and with another 3 weeks to go this strain is a winner, the original cut(friesland)is from the sssc which was crossed to pluton another sssc strain and then back to the friesland cut and has produced a fast(45 days) hardy outdoor champion that's well suited to northern latitudes.

anyways on with the show
these pix are from 4-5 days ago

heres one of the premature ones

and heres a cross of stinkpig x freezeland = ironsky named after the balmy uk summer lol
i had a bad germ rate 5/10 i think because of the seeds being so fresh
but could be wrong, early leaf development looks uniform and im hoping for to bring out the blueberry ish cheese funk of the stinkpig while lowering the flowering time from 8-9 weeks to under 8 at least and also have the outdoor hardiness of the freezeland but we will see i have a 80 seeds to play with over the winter.

Date Posted: 13 September 2012 at 12:41
wow sickle that all looks way advanced compared to mine mate
my peacmaker is doing ok but the buds are a lot smaller
and my pakistani chital kush x nepal indica are going purple
this out door game is a funny one as i am worried about a frost
the nights are getting colder for sure

-------------

Date Posted: 13 September 2012 at 13:20
thanks ck, i got lucky someone recommended the freezeland and i didnt know whether it would work or not as cannada has a better summer than we do but it has flourished, your plants will be fine there a lot hardier than people think just keep the pot/roots warm with straw an old jumper etc as thats where the nutrients come from and if possible use heating around them greenhouse heaters or garden candles would help to keep the cold at bay and are cheep   

Date Posted: 13 September 2012 at 18:24
Hey sickle, lovely plants mate. The freezeland sure looks like a winner for us northern growers, might give her a run next yr and look for a male to knock up the early BCM. What ya think?

-------------

Date Posted: 13 September 2012 at 21:05
sounds like a winning cross to me, that bcm of yours is a real gem i dont think you can find a photosensitive strain earlier that shes the holy grail for outdoor growers.

Posted By: Viriathus
Date Posted: 15 September 2012 at 02:43
Very nice garden and greenhouse You have, Sickle :) . Beautiful tomatoes and buds. I'm hoping You will be having a good harvest as I'm sure in northern latitudes, with colder/rainy climates, agriculture/horticulture is a riskier activity then here in the south.

Date Posted: 15 September 2012 at 11:09
thanks viria, living & growing up here does limit what you can grow strain wise, anything still outside in october then its damage limitation as mold takes hold sooner or later because of the rain/frosts.   

Date Posted: 19 September 2012 at 12:31
behold people of sensiland almost ripe buds in september at 52n latitude
just like the breeders blurb & the the sssc 89 catalogue said and some unripe ones too but hey to find this early pheno is a result and she'll be put to work in the ironsky project(nothing to do with moon nazi's)lol

there are later phenos but theyll be done in oct weather permitting

and heres the best premature one the other is not up to much

Date Posted: 27 September 2012 at 17:59
time for the last update, the two earliest freezeland have been harvested and are hanging drying theres some real sweet lemon hash aromas coming from them, i still have no idea on the dry yield per plant but will do soon lol the premature ones are still out as is the later pheno

here it is

heres the black domina males
i think you can guess which one im going to be
using, they have been blown sideways by the tail end of a hurricane

happy harvest people

Posted By: organicgrow
Date Posted: 27 September 2012 at 18:24
looking great sickle. as always..
best of luck for the remainder of the season :)

-------------
"I support and oppose many things, but not strongly enough to pick up a pen." - Bender

Date Posted: 05 October 2012 at 22:52
Looking forward to the final result and i'm really surprised that they've done so good as the weather has been so shit to say the least.
Those freezeland are beauties and a revelation as i thought in our climate the choice of strains was limited to just about early skunk but it just goes to show what i know.
As usual you are the kiddie when it comes to outdoor growing in the uk.
Have a good weekend.

-------------
Live and let live

Print Page | Close Window