Forum Name: Seeds, Genes & Strains
Forum Discription: Choosing the strain to suit you
URL: http://forum.sensiseeds.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=1456
Printed Date: 12 December 2019 at 12:13

Topic: cheese plant
Posted By: forsh
Subject: cheese plant
Date Posted: 26 May 2006 at 17:48
NOW THEN ONE AND ALL . can any one  give me any info on CHEESE plant  . many thanks  and HAPPY GROWIN   DUDES , FORSH .

Replies:
Posted By: Colonel-Kurtz
Date Posted: 27 May 2006 at 08:56
Just bought a pack from big budda.

Cheese refers to a type of weed that was prevalent in England during the ninties. Very strong cheesy/baby puke smelling skunk. Reputedly it originates from a unique plant  (unique phenotype) grown from a packet of skunk seeds in London (i think from sensi seeds not sure). Anyway this exceptional plant was cloned and distributed.
  Its an old school skunk smoke (probably not the strongest around, but still very good.

The big buddha seeds are a cheese cutting crossed with an afghani. Havent started them yet. Looking forward to it.

Date Posted: 27 May 2006 at 23:57
 NOW THEN . many thanks for  your post  KURTZ ,  the 8 inc cheese plant landed today , so its off to work we go !!! and make the little f**ker grow !!   ,and at the size she is , she smelly   Pig    . also  4 big bud has landed ,   should be fun !  ,many thanks  and happy growin fokes ,FORSH 

Posted By: Sticky
Date Posted: 28 May 2006 at 03:24
Sounds good Forsh

Smelly pig cheese Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Seriously good luck with that, Never seen a cheese plant can you post a pic of her man

And where does she come from, anyone at sensi know about this smelly lady from the 90"s

-------------

Date Posted: 28 May 2006 at 11:17
 NOW THEN STICKY  , will post a pic ov  the cheese pig !!!   , even at  the height she is ,it smells Pinch  , it needs some T  L  C  but ill get there  , happy growin and catch ya soon  . cheers   FORSH 

Date Posted: 29 May 2006 at 03:04
Are you growing cheese as well Jakey

How are you mate, what are you growing at the momment ?

Hope all is well for you, and the weather starts to get warmer now in england

My wife and daughter are there now visiting grandmother Vodka ?

-------------

Posted By: jakey
Date Posted: 01 June 2006 at 13:25
hi she's a sensi seeds skunk#1 sativa dominant from the late 80's bought from the amsterdam shop and smells bad/good easily avilable inthe ukSmile

Posted By: AmeriSkunk
Date Posted: 01 June 2006 at 18:24
No man cheese is a 100% indica strain, they have a few reviews on smokersguide.com, one of wich is on the very first page all strains on smokersgiude comes with a full review of Look, Smell, Taste, Effects, and Overall

Posted By: stashman
Date Posted: 01 June 2006 at 20:45
Yeah the ORIGINAL Cheese plant is a clone only strain over here. It has been further bred to stabalize certain qaulities that pertain to the original cheese, taste,smell and effect etc. Crossed with an Afghani and further developed. Still a very good strain choice - smoked some earlier in the year and it was f**kin awesome, and yeah very, very smelly.   

-------------
I soar like a bird in the wind , though I glide as I'm flying through Heaven.

Date Posted: 02 June 2006 at 01:15
Cool

Thanks for that, so she was designed in the uk , I had heard that

-------------

Date Posted: 02 June 2006 at 09:52
 STASHMAN  . cheers dude ,  many thanks for  the web link , and every 1 for your input , happy growin dudes , FORSH Thumbs Up

Date Posted: 05 June 2006 at 19:27
hi sticky..i am fine bud hope your ok too on the go are nl.. big bud..and  shiva shanti 1..weather mmmm ok for outdoors can cause temp probs indoors..someone say vodka lol..cheese is a very difficult strain to pin point fact's other than cloned by the exodus group luton england for 18 years and still going strong..1 cheese plant 100 fakesConfused

Date Posted: 26 June 2006 at 16:05

hi everyone the above information IS correct..she is definetly sativa dominant (very light green slim leaves)..so all the people with big buddahs seeds are NOT anything to do with the ORIGINAL cheese strain which this bank sold as a skunk#1 seed in the late 80's..now a question for sensi  was this strain the same then or as it had more indica introduced since 1988? and i will get a pic of it for yaweed leaf

Posted By: Ganja
Date Posted: 26 June 2006 at 16:38
I think Skunk #1 has remained unchanged since 1980 or before. Successful alterations to the Skunk #1 genotype have been released as other Skunks, but Skunk #1 remains the same.

Having said that, the European definition of Skunks in general seems different from th
US definition. I've never seen what's sold in the US, only read about it. The written information often emphasises the Sativa background of Skunks, but after a while much of that info sounds like it's being repeated from the same source, not based on real-life experience.

In my experience, the Sativa influence is definitely visible in most Skunk hybrids. Usually this influence is seen in the bud formation - making fat calyxes
, causing some 'run' in the buds and a slightly more open structure as calyxes fight for space - without leading to stringiness or making the plants grow out of control in flowering.

Skunks certainly gain more height than straight Indicas, especially when seed plants are flowered, but the overall look is much more on the Indica side.
Skunks are described in Sensi literature as 'Indica/Sativa', as opposed to 'Sativa/Indica' which is used for strains where the Sativa influence is large and has major effects on the performance.

I'm a bit mystified by Cheese, I must admit. At the last couple of canna-trade shows in the
UK, most visitors who had something to smoke described it as Cheese. Standing at the Sensi booth, we received many kind donations/samples from UK enthusiasts, and nearly EVERY one was called 'original Cheese' by the person who gave it.

This happened maybe eight times, and we ended up with eight different kinds of original Cheese - most of which had nothing in common.
Nearly all of it was nice weed - some was excellent, putting me in mind of Jack Flash or something with strong Sativa and Skunk influence. The rest was mostly solid commercial weed with a good coat of yellowish crystal (which is how I'd imagined Cheese, when I first heard if it).

But to this day, I could not tell you what 'Cheese' is supposed to look like.
From the buzz it's generated and the massive differences between most samples, I wouldn't be surprised if there was no general agreement on what it's supposed to look like
Equally, it could be that there were several different long-established mother plants producing weed in different areas, all titled Cheese, because that's the one everyone is currently asking for, so that the definition of 'proper, original Cheese' depends on where you live.

Ah, the cannabis name-game. It sometimes reaches amazing levels here in Dam, especially after a 'new' strain has won a cup. I no longer care about the name of anything I smoke, only how it looks/smells/feels.

Date Posted: 26 June 2006 at 17:37
NOW THEN 1 AND ALL smoke eye
   just to say   thanks  to every one  for your input  , and to  you GANGA   for your  outstandin post yet again  , will post pictures tonight for 1 and  all see  { the so called cheese ]   happy growin 1 and all .

Date Posted: 26 June 2006 at 20:50

thank you ganja for the informative post...you don't have a secretary do you lol.and forsh if you can get a pic up i will try also..two people who know there stuff have assured me this is herso high

Date Posted: 26 June 2006 at 23:59
 NOW THEN 1 AND ALL  , have posted pics   in the gallery    CHEESE pic numbers 3,5 ,7,8   SUPER THAI X SKUNK    pic numbers  9,10 , and the rest are ov top 44    . purple x top44 . HAPPY GROWIN 1 AND ALL .Big smile

Date Posted: 27 June 2006 at 05:02
Very nice Forsh.

I like the bottle shot forsh, its me Favourite in your Gallerie Matie.

Sticky smoke eye

-------------

Date Posted: 27 June 2006 at 12:51
 NOW THEN   STICKY  , cheers mate for your input Big smile    .All   the  thai has turned out tobe female  which is prity cool  , just have to tame the  bitch now ? !!!! ,  and thanks again  for all your input   , cheers dude  HAPPY GROWIN 1 AND ALL   .

Posted By: HomeGrown
Date Posted: 29 June 2006 at 04:05
have a look on uk420, the cheese fairy posts there, lot of info on cheese

u can only guarantee you have the original cheese if you have had a visit from the cheese fairy

suppose the word "cheese" is now a label thats attached to weed so it sells on the streets.

i was told that original cheese was sold in sensi coffee shops followig a visit from the cf

ive not grown it yet,  i will eventually ......but NLX and JH are getting grown before....oh and trainwreck's comming my way for xmas,  the list goes on......cheese dont have that haze high im after

think the common consenus is that all cheese is was an original sensi skunk #1 and the particular pheno was strong.

Since that time skunk #1 was been crossed with afgan by the dutch breeders to suit indoor growers. (whether or not this is true is irrelevant, its now folk law) and the only thing anyone is claiming is that they have kept original sensi genetics in tact.

however, from reading what ganja said above, what ive said dosnt sound accurate....but like all decent weeds, legend, myths and folk law aint that far behind it....

like G13.....u only have to read US court cases to understand that medical researchers have to go to the US Supreme Court to get a lcence to cultivate strong cannabis for medical research, cos the weed grown and supplied by the fed gov is very very weak and not fit the for purpose of medical research....so G13 as a secret US Gov super plant is total crap....but a lot of people are making a lot of money out of it

peace x

Date Posted: 07 July 2006 at 05:04
Hi guys,

I  thought you all might like to know, The coffee shop Homegrown fantasy has a cheese plant they intend to put into the Cup this year.

i look forward to trying her with a bottle of white and some Crackers?

sticky smoke eye

Posted By: Bowen
Date Posted: 07 July 2006 at 14:49
Hehe Definitly Sticky "French it up" loving it

Are you heading to the cup this year?

-------------
Things are looking up.........grind through it and you'll get there :)

Date Posted: 07 July 2006 at 17:34
he he  " french it  up " !!!  like it high     . will have to bring cheese feet along , taste test so to speak !  .  see what the dudes on the forum think ? 

Date Posted: 09 July 2006 at 02:31
Hi guys

Well my crops are finished here, i will never bring up a nother seed in this Country again, And i have mannaged to go undetected for 14 years now, mind you i have been underground for the whole time, And missed out on a lot of things socially to achieve my goal.

Bowen iam not just heading to the cup, Iam moving my self and my family to the dam, we have dual passports so this is possible for us, AS it would be for you and forsh being britts.

My dream is to get my own Entry into the cup And the noel olympics, Where ever there is a comp i wont be far from the Action.

I have a lot more to learn about genetics, And a mate of mine who is well into his 60,S is going to share his knowledge with me and teach me Everything he knows .

i have no intrest in owning a coffee shop, Due to the price you pay for them with no guarantee you will be open next week, Honestly its a nightmare And not for me ?

A job in a grow shop, Or seed supplyer would be great, but i honestly have to learn more About  Genetics before that happens.

I will be at the cup for shore matie, I will be wearing a black T-shirt with Sticky across the front and back in big Letters, Forsh will have the blow fish T -shirt so we shouldnt be hard to find at all, look forward to meeting you both, and smoking some really fine weed and hash, Are you partial to the odd truffle ?

Anyway heres to making Dreams come true, and that goes out to everyone.

Sticky Smile

Date Posted: 09 July 2006 at 10:59
 NOW THEN STINCKY   . all i can say my man is WOW  , live that dream  my man  , outstantin Clap ,  Hope all goes coool for cats  for you and your lady .  f**kin hell STICKY  your only 45 mins flyin time , will pop round for coffee and a truffle !!!! ,m
  ALL  THE LUCK IN THE WORLD DUDE  Cool

Date Posted: 10 July 2006 at 11:21
stincky?

Uh oh, there's gonna be trouble ....not smoking
(joke)

-------------
http://sensiseeds.com/s-en/cannabis-seeds/auto - Auto-flowering http://sensiseeds.com/cannabis-seeds - Cannabis Seeds!
No growing questions by PM, please!

Posted By: dread
Date Posted: 10 July 2006 at 14:05
Hey sticky
all the very best in your new venture ,i have to say  ive been to the dam a few times and to me its got to be one of the best ,thanks for the advice over the last while ,just one thing im nearly sure bowen is an irishman which is very different to a british man(no offence to any british) history

we all the one !!!!

Date Posted: 10 July 2006 at 15:57
Not to speak for anyone else, but I think Bowen is a citizen of the Six Counties, whose  'Britishness' is the subject of ... contention, to say the very least.

-------------
http://sensiseeds.com/s-en/cannabis-seeds/auto - Auto-flowering http://sensiseeds.com/cannabis-seeds - Cannabis Seeds!

Date Posted: 12 July 2006 at 13:39
Thanks guys,

No offence to bowen or anyone else ree the brit ireland deal ?

I will just be another stoner on a bike trying not to run anyone over.

Ganja iam hitting you up for your Whole sale weed Connections,I dont want to pay coffee shop prices Lol Lol Just joking man.

Stay cool u all.

Stinky?  Lol Lol

Oh one more thing Syd barrett died today, rest in peace you crazy Diamond

Date Posted: 12 July 2006 at 14:01
Shine on, Syd.

Cry

PS - Sticky, I can get you a great deal on Flintstones Chewable Morphine.

(I know Sticky gets this as a Simpsons reference, but for any lurkers out there... it's a joke)

Posted By: Bowen
Date Posted: 12 July 2006 at 18:37
RIP Syd, Smoke a fattie with pac and biggie for me

Howdy guys I'm tryin to get meself a Tshirt designed for the cup, so i'll let you know what it will be.

Hehe i see your all having some thought about my nationality, well to be honest I would classify myself as both. All this businees about protestants and catholics is a really big deal here but I don't really give a rats ass about both, I just love to get baked. Simple as.

Dual nationality rock doesen't it Sticky. Try not to hit me with yer bike Thumbs Up

-------------
Things are looking up.........grind through it and you'll get there :)

Posted By: Real
Date Posted: 12 July 2006 at 19:18
You can run over me if you'll share your stash afterwards to help the pain that I could fake.

Date Posted: 16 July 2006 at 12:04
No dramas boys, sticky will run you all over, then take you home to repaire you, with amsterdams finest. Lol,Lol

Did i mention i am bringing my prize winning Harley, thats what you will be hit with not a push bike, i guess thats not funny, Lol lol

i cant part with her, she has cost me more than i would ever get back, I guess its about love, Honestly if i feel bad i just polish the chrome, And all of a sudden i feel better?

Its a boy thing i guess

truth is i havent seen to many harleys in amsterdam, i cant wait to fire her up and let the locals know sticky is in town Ya".

stinky  Cool

Date Posted: 16 July 2006 at 15:45
aslong as i get to smoke... I mean if you wanna keep your classi hog in premo conditions. I mean even If that does mean we all get to live.

What year is your hog ?  And you ever see/ride a inidian bike?

Date Posted: 17 July 2006 at 07:17
Oh Real now your talking my language.

WE had a friend who ownned a couple of Indians, But he died and the bikes were auctioned of at a big Auction house in the states, Althoue the indian isnt the most pleasing ride, she shaw makes up for it in history and charm, People here who have them, put them behind glass cabinets on display, we never really see them rolling.

The bike in question is a Night train LR With a 210 back end and a lowered kit, She doesent like speed bumps ? 1998 model fully worked and displaying more chrome than i care to mention, There is really nothing stock about her, I could go on for hours so best leave it there.

Truth is i have only seen 1 Worked Harley in Amsterdam, it sits out side that Candy ass coffee shop, You all know the one, I cant remember the name but its a small frame with a lot of pink on it for memmory, Maybee a shovel head ? I am preatty shaw it belongs to a chick, with heaps of cool, Anyway i am getting a little paranoide about loosing her, Look for the bike with the rotweiller sitting next to it, it will be mine, maybee my friends in holland will let me roll her right in to there buisnesses, I am not kidding ?

And no Helmets, Could you be any more Free, ooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwww.

Stay Real man.

Sticky Thumbs Up

Date Posted: 17 July 2006 at 17:21
I love a good ride. I also think the suicide shifter on the indian just brings out the unique design. allthought dangerous. I currently have a cbr900 and a ktm250 all i need now is a cruiser bike. as far as the helmet goes i have to wear one after knowing myself so long. lol

Posted By: dread
Date Posted: 18 July 2006 at 08:13
hey real
i like it ,is it a 4 stroke ktm ,enduro or motorcross  its just im thinking about changing to a ktm (i know its not a bike forum) how do you find it ?

Dread

Date Posted: 18 July 2006 at 17:22
2 stroke motorcross. I'm selling a kx125.

Date Posted: 28 July 2006 at 06:22
Hey real i love dirt bikes aswell, i grew up racing 50s-80s 125s and now being 37 and 130 kilo i ride a Husqvarna 510 TE Series this years model with the titanium swing arm.

In fact i just sold it monday to a very lucky fellow for 5 grand less than i payed for her 5 months ago, thats a grand a month loss, Oh well i like new bikes, with no one elses stuff ups visible.

I think that will be my last dirt bike, you just dont bounce back when you hit 30 plus years of age, everything shatters, instead of breaking.

And god knows i have my fair share of injuries, which are starting to ree surface when it gets really cold, Like when iam in europe in winter.

The suicide shifter, A mate of mine has one on  a 67 shovel head, it nearly bit me a few times, but as mistakes were made with balance you quickly learn, Honestly what a bitch, compared to todays gear box assemblys and running gear.

Sticky Thumbs Up

Posted By: HothouseFlowers
Date Posted: 23 November 2006 at 14:37
hi she's a sensi seeds skunk#1 http://www.sensiseeds.com/ - Sativa dominant from the late 80's bought from the amsterdam shop and smells bad/good easily avilable inthe uk

Hello All,

Just to clear up some confusion, before we all start getting confused.

Cheese is a Skunk '1 selection from 'the Seedbank' stocks collected at the breeders shop in AMS in 89. Some seeds where planted to the ground by the guys who fetched them. The Cheese Brothers innit, roflmao

The resulting plants where cloned and have been maintained by the holders and finders of the Cheese cut since that time. The origional Cheese mother plant is still alive and being grown to this day exactly where she was found! just down the road from Haz manner.

So, there is a referance for this strain and there can be NO doubts - as the origional is still alive and well.

The Exodus cutting came from this mother and all the old legends of the Cheese in the UK come from this one plant. This is a more Sat dom high, but with Afghani style buds. A amazing breeding work. She will stretch a lot, for a 'modern Dutch' Skunk, from rooted clone to 0.5m plant giving around a ounce in a SOG in 10/11 weeks. So a slightly different profile to the more Afghani dominant Skunks of today, i would suggest this is also not the grow profile of a Skunk 1 x Afghani either and if you STS reverse sex the clone you can see exactly what she is. Its a selection of a IBL Skunk. Not a cross.

Bottom line is i have seen many, many different Cheese plants over the last couple of years, they are cropping up everywhere. There are also quite a few hybrids made with this strain and many Cheese cuts i have seen derive from these lines. Same with any prized genetic that becomes a legend.

The plant has became a must have herb in the UK and every dealer and their uncle is selling a different variety of Cheese. But there is a origional mother, a referance point and much in depth totally accurate documentation and pictures have been left by the origional cultivators and finders. So you just need to search in the right places and you can find the referances for this strain, its all there. It is Sk1. Nothing more, rest is hype and speculation.

Funny how things gow around though, HF do have the Cheese origional lines, for sure, and entered them in a cup, ROFlMAO!

Date Posted: 23 November 2006 at 21:22
Buddy beautiful is all I can say of that pic. Salivating at the sight of it.Perfection of the species.   

-------------

Posted By: stu sleeper.
Date Posted: 11 December 2006 at 15:30
mmm,i really struggle with that picture,i see people refer to it time and time again.
thats the picture quejio used for publicity when he was trying(unsuccessfully i may add) to capture this plants unique qualitys in beans.personally,i dont think its even a dope plant in that shot,not one leaf in sight?....it certainly doesn't bear resemblance to the cheese fairys plants either.the stems too thick for a cheese plant for a start..and wheres the familar square stem?mmm...
i have been running the original cheese for a while now and trust the source it came from.
if you've got the cheese,you know it,there is nothing to mistake about this odour.i'd hazard a guess at 80%sat ,judging by the stretch and finishing time.
is it allright to use a host for posting photo's?mine are way too big to load onto here.
its a free plant,cashing in on it is the pits imo.
its been freely given for this long...why should anyone get rich off it when its readily available freeEvil Smile

Posted By: GanjaGreg
Date Posted: 11 December 2006 at 21:20
 Cheese smoked that in Amsterdam in 85 christmas time ...... really nice pugnent smell and creeped up on me 10min after finishing the joint !!! Excelent high , social , mellow.
 Smoked a few grams of C99 from a friend in 2000 that he grew , could have sworn it was the same stuff called CHEESE I had in 85 ! Excelent smoke and high,only a few tokes and your off your so high !!!

Posted By: stu sleeper.
Date Posted: 12 December 2006 at 12:23
Originally posted by envirolite_user

Original uk cheese clones are around the £300-500 mark each

what?Ouch
everyone i know with this plant,passes it around very freely.if your paying that sort of money,you know the wrong people.
its a definate creeper,that comes on slowly but leaves you sat,stareing into space and walking round in circles trying to remember where you put those damn keys(that are in your hand)....
but,as with every plant.its all in the growers skill that makes the final product.
with each differing growing technique,the smoke has subtle changes in taste and high.
and if not dried and cured properly,may well end up tasting like hay.
3 growers,may all have the same product to start with,but the three diffrernt end results will be noticable.this is where understanding breeds comes in.
if you can,get it.its bud at its very finest if you like dank.
if its fruity your after,cheese aint the one,although it does have a very complex taste and odour that appeals to everyone i've smoked with.

Posted By: mick@th'hood
Date Posted: 14 December 2006 at 14:33
this whole cheese thing is getting stupid
so many cock and bull story's about a plant.
so far from what i gather , big budda bred it , i spoke to him at cannabis cup last year and he went in to a whole story about how he was the original breeder , then it turns out he dident and now some other guy came out in weed world and said he did ,it apparently was the only seed which survived out of 15 and he kept it as a cutting and it improved with age , and that cuttings went for 300 pound each ......and more and more storys keep popping up all the time

more proof that us stoner's believe anything.

Posted By: HothouseFlowers
Date Posted: 15 December 2006 at 14:52
mmm,i really struggle with that picture,i see people refer to it time and time again. thats the picture quejio used for publicity when he was trying(unsuccessfully i may add) to capture this plants unique qualitys in beans.personally,i dont think its even a dope plant in that shot,not one leaf in sight?..

No that wasnt a publicity shot from Q, that was a shot of teh Cheese plant and mother that the majority of the cheese cuts around the globe come from. At the time he made it clear that plant had been partly trimmed. Suprised you canot tell from looking at it...

As for the rest of your coments there phenotypical related, not genetype related.

Come on now, more effort needed, lol

Peace, HHF

Date Posted: 16 December 2006 at 21:03
Well it did well at the cup. Think it won the indica catagory.

Speaks for itself. Smoked some that was not a clone but grown from big budduhs seed and it was tops. Very smelly of rotten fruits and such. Long lasting high too.

Not surprised it one a cup.

One love Stash

-------------

Posted By: Woodstock1977
Date Posted: 30 May 2007 at 00:07
hi, not long been onhere, but i hear what u r sayin, i must have one of those original strains, and my god, carbon filter, i'd say...I was told this was a 7 week flower, or 49 days, is this right, or should i let it go a bit further.. I would apperciate a reply, as i have had 3 crops, consitin of 3-400 gram, for just 1, 400w light, im growin in a bit pot mind, as i no about the bigger the pot, the bigger the bud, my plants have started to multiply again, this is after 3 weeks,and my god, r they resinous, i have pics, sum good ones, hope u all get a chance to get the original cheese, as i have, and wow, it was wrth every moment of my time....many thanks, a very keen gardener..SW   

Posted By: Woodstock1977
Date Posted: 30 May 2007 at 00:17
    im havin trouble with it lettin me post pictures on here, as i would like 2 show u all, i dont no anything about genetics, and dont really tend on, i just guess i wanted to share in my good fortune, and i agree with what 1 person said, dont tell no 1, and dont even let any 1 no, as u have all the idiots around u, i will try and insert a picture 4 u all 2 look at, and ponder..ur's SW
i hoipe that this is proff, or it isnt, this was my end result, well, near enough, hope u have fun decidin...

Date Posted: 30 May 2007 at 11:01
Damn fine buds there!

-------------

Print Page | Close Window