Print Page | Close Window

Pot size

Printed From: Sensi Seeds Shop
Category: Sensi Seeds
Forum Name: Systems - Setups, Equipment, Mediums
Forum Discription: Hydro, soil, NFT, aeroponic and more - tips, questions and experiences
URL: http://forum.sensiseeds.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=4041
Printed Date: 13 December 2017 at 21:41

Topic: Pot size
Posted By: shane
Subject: Pot size
Date Posted: 04 March 2008 at 23:31
for those of you that have read my posts, u will know I'm starting a cfl grow in a wardrobe

I'm trying to source square pots so I can grow 4 plants nicely together but the largest sized square pots I can find online are 23cm square pots which are 26cm deep

they hold 11l of compost

would that be enough to flower medium sized plants?

when I grow in the greenhouse I go for the largest size pots I can get my hands on, possibly holding 20l + of compost 

-------------
get that sun on it :-)

Replies:
Posted By: Solidopc
Date Posted: 05 March 2008 at 00:01
I am flowering most of my current plants in square 12 litre pots. It is big enough for them, but.....i have a cheese cutting in a much larger near 20 litre pot, and it is a much bushier, allrpund bigger plant.

So you can grow them in the 12 litres fine. But the bigger the pot, the bigger the plant it seems.

-------------
Green-Thumb Growing

Posted By: blackmore
Date Posted: 05 March 2008 at 08:20
ya youll be fine.

like solid said, The plants will be smaller. The pot size vs plant size theory holds true, in my opinion.
I add neem oil to my feed for the smaller pots once a month to prevent rot, fungus etc since the smaller pots are more susceptible to such.

Posted By: shane
Date Posted: 05 March 2008 at 18:32
cool, cheers guys
I was thinking that would be the case but wanted to check with you guys who have actually done it :-0

don't need the plants getting too big as its only a closet space!

-------------
get that sun on it :-)

Print Page | Close Window