Forum Discription: Choosing the strain to suit you
URL: http://forum.sensiseeds.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=5612
Printed Date: 16 December 2019 at 14:38

Topic: northern lights
Posted By: crhonn
Subject: northern lights
Date Posted: 09 May 2009 at 13:40
Hi all

in first I am not English, therefore forgive me if I am not very clear, I will do my best.

I would like to know what strain of northern lights you sell, when we bought regular seeds. You mention property on the northern lights # 5 x haze that is the strain number #5.
What does the strain northern lights that you sell?
I would like to know this because I do not understand the difference in price between your seed and of nirvana for example, which sells the northern lights almost 5 times cheaper.
There is probably a reason I guess and i hope !!

very kindly, thank you.
Vin'S.

Replies:
Posted By: Ganja
Date Posted: 12 May 2009 at 18:09
To tell the truth, I'm not 100% sure whether regular Sensi Northern Lights is NL#1 (pure Afghani) or NL5x2 (a hybrid of NL#5 mother and NL#2 father).

On balance, I think it may be NL#1, as NL5x2 is used in a couple of other hybrids.

NL#5 is a single female - clone-only, not available as a seed-strain. Be suspicious if anyone claims to have NL#5 seeds.

Nirvana's strains are all the same price, if I recall correctly.
Why the differnce in price? Well, modesty forbids me. You may have to compare them yourself by growing both.

-------------
http://sensiseeds.com/s-en/cannabis-seeds/auto - Auto-flowering http://sensiseeds.com/cannabis-seeds - Cannabis Seeds!
No growing questions by PM, please!

Posted By: skunkfunk
Date Posted: 12 May 2009 at 20:36
I have grown both Northern lights from Sensi and Nirvana and also a few other company's versions.

For over 10 years I have only kept growing Sensi's Northern Lights. It is money very well spent on sensi's Northern Lights. I also smoke it every evening....I'm not a heavy cannabis smoker and only need a couple of small fat joints for a very good evening.

Easy to grow too with some plants giving quite a surprise in potency, and all others are potent to. Good yields and very frosty with resin. Nice hashy taste too.

Ha, sounds like I'm advertising it! LOL. But seriously don't waste money on the other Northern Lights.

Within the next couple of weeks I'll be posting some pictures of a very nice Northern Lights Sea Of Green grow I'm about to finnish. This is from clones off a mother that is about 10 years old, bonsied with a tree trunk like stem!!!

Posted By: lightsfan
Date Posted: 13 May 2009 at 05:39
I AGREE,I have grown many different versions of NL,from many different seedbanks.Nothing out there has ever out preformed Sensi NL,for me.I smoke it every night,& never burn out.That is I get stoned every time!I also smoke A spliff of NL if my back pain gets too bad during the daytime,but I mostly smoke sativa hybrids during the day...There are A few different phenos to be found in NL,all are good,but there is A special single cola pheno that is some of the very best Indica bud worldwide!So be shure to clone all the females,& you will find A good mother.I have grown Sensi NL for many years,from seed & clones,& it will always have A permanent 3 or 4 spots in my grow.I just harvested 4 NL plants,have 2 more in flower,& have 3 clones & 2 from seed in vegg...Spend that extra $ money for the Sensi NLs 0ne time,clone all females,find your perfect plant,then clone it for the rest of your life!!!!! Good Luck!.

Posted By: Hotwired
Date Posted: 13 May 2009 at 09:25
%3cngry

Posted By: skunkfunk
Date Posted: 13 May 2009 at 13:20

Date Posted: 13 May 2009 at 17:52

%3chumbs%20Up%3clap nice growing !! beautiful bud.thanks for your picture skunkfunk.

thanks all for your advice and informations.

ganja:
NL#5 is a single female - clone-only
they have a cutting for 20 years?

thanks skunkfunk and lightsfan for your experience about northern lights. it's very interesting to have your opinion on this plant.
so it's sure when the time comes, i buy it on sensi.

hotwired:
bad for you.
one of friend and me  grown plant with seeds of sensi and all is ok, all times.
the exception that proves the rule ?%3congue sorry for your seeds.
maybe can you talk about this with sensi and find an arrangement.
try !!

skunkfunk :
have you test shivaskunk ( NL#5 X SK#1 ^^) ?
what do you think about ?

one times i have read a story about "the indian" and the story say it's the man who have created the NL ( the 11 strain NL )
if someone has some informations about this, i'm very interested.
all about NL5, 1 and 8 and the story of northern lights and the indian is interesting for me.

thanks again all
very kindly
Vin's

Posted By: bartmanuk
Date Posted: 13 May 2009 at 20:14
Originally posted by crhonn

ganja:
NL#5 is a single female - clone-only
they have a cutting for 20 years?

of course they do, how do you think a company like sensi continues to sell strains that have been about for 20+ years, they have to keep the mothers and fathers alive.

Originally posted by crhonn

one times i have read a story about "the indian" and the story say it's the man who have created the NL ( the 11 strain NL )
if someone has some informations about this, i'm very interested.
all about NL5, 1 and 8 and the story of northern lights and the indian is interesting for me.

im not sure on exact details, but a rough guide to the story is that the guy who bred nl had 11 plants and numbered them 1-11, some were male, some were female, and the best examples were kept and passed on, and are still being used for breeding to this day.
but as i say im not to sure on details, there could have been more than 11, there could have been less.

BM %3c3ceed%3c20leaf

-------------
I grow weed for my own use and feel no guilt over it.If you want to arrest me,fine,thats your job.My aim is to put real criminals out of business by refusing to pay into the illegal distribution scene

Date Posted: 14 May 2009 at 18:55
The admin here has answered everyone's thread but mine. He wants nothing to do with me because he has no answer for me.

What do you tell someone who didn't get what was advertised? More lies?

I made an expensive mistake. I won't make that mistake again.

Talk with sensiseeds directly, not an admin.
try here => mailto:Info@sensiseeds.com - Info@sensiseeds.com
sent a picture of your seeds and talk about your method for germinate.
try men try !!

On the site : quote of sensi !!
Are all my seeds germinate?

Sensi Seeds regularly testing the germination rate of all its lines of seeds. In most cases the rate of seed germination was tested from 90 to 100%. In the case where it would be too low (75%), the row is removed from the collection and replaced.
However, since all the seeds are live products, Sensi can not give any guarantee on the rate of germination. On the other hand, we assure you that all our seeds are viable and they are stored and processed in a professional sense, but after the point of sale there are too many factors beyond our control. =) quote of sensi !! end

good luck
hooping to help a little.

ganja :
To tell the truth, I'm not 100% sure whether regular Sensi Northern Lights is NL#1 (pure Afghani)
NL#1 with who ?
alone ? alone, how is this possible ?

Posted By: Hotwired
Date Posted: 14 May 2009 at 19:51

%3cool

Posted By: c3900r
Date Posted: 20 June 2009 at 03:46

-------------
<3 <3 <3

Posted By: JasonX
Date Posted: 16 July 2009 at 22:21
Has anyone got a pic of a good Sensi Seeds NL plant?

Posted By: Alibaba
Date Posted: 17 July 2009 at 09:58
Have a skeet at Yaelanders thread. His are fabulous.

-------------
lots and lots of pot head pixies riding round in teapot taxis

Posted By: JasonX
Date Posted: 17 July 2009 at 21:58
Can't find it, Can you link it please?

Posted By: Alibaba
Date Posted: 18 July 2009 at 00:32
http://www.sensiseeds.com/search.asp?q=yaelander&search=Go

-------------
lots and lots of pot head pixies riding round in teapot taxis

Posted By: bartmanuk
Date Posted: 18 July 2009 at 00:48
http://forum.sensiseeds.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=3889&PN=1 - http://forum.sensiseeds.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=3889&PN=1

BM %3ceed%20leaf

-------------
I grow weed for my own use and feel no guilt over it.If you want to arrest me,fine,thats your job.My aim is to put real criminals out of business by refusing to pay into the illegal distribution scene

Posted By: chad eric
Date Posted: 16 August 2013 at 04:37
i would like to invest in some sensi seeds indica line up and want to get northern lights. is the parents the same ? ive read some threads elsewhere that sensi seeds northern lights changed the parent selection the northern lights. Does anyone knoe how the current stock stacks up tothe line from early 2001-2004 ?

Posted By: sarah louise
Date Posted: 16 August 2013 at 05:26
In comparison with 2001-2004 stock... the current NL offering should be exactly the same.

-------------
What doesn't kill me just makes me stranger...

Print Page | Close Window