Forum Name: Seeds, Genes & Strains
Forum Discription: Choosing the strain to suit you
URL: http://forum.sensiseeds.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=7161
Printed Date: 22 October 2019 at 08:45

Topic: jack herer
Posted By: alecky
Subject: jack herer
Date Posted: 19 August 2010 at 00:55
Just like to ask whats sensiseeds view on nevils claims over at mns forums about jack herer, he claims that Silver Haze(R),jackherer and diesel are all the same cutting and he gives the genetics.
Is any of this true?

-------------
"Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds"

Replies:
Posted By: Ganja
Date Posted: 19 August 2010 at 09:54
That's just ridiculous.  Shanti seems okay, but MNS forums is full of wild claims and some of the contributors there are constantly trying to rewrite cannabis history.

As far as I know, Nevil hasn't said anything to the cannabis world for a long, long time. I don't think he's been involved in breeding cannabis since the Nineties (but his name is certainly capitalised upon by certain people). He doesn't post to MNS forums, AFAIK, so the above is from someone who is pretending to quote Nevil.
[There is a poster who uses 'Nevil' as a title, but he seems to sometimes misspell his own name as 'Neville' which sorta kinda suggests that it might not be the guy himself...]

As for the claim itself, it doesn't stand up to basic scrutiny.
  • Nevil wasn't involved in breeding Jack Herer, for a start.
  • For another, Jack Herer is a seed line made from parent-plants (as is Silver Haze) not a cutting! The very wording of the claim 'all from the same cutting' suggests it's from someone who doesn't know the first thing about breeding. Diesel started life as a clone-only strain, I think.
  • Diesel reached Europe many, many years after JH was created, maybe a full decade later. I suppose it might be distantly possible that the original Diesel was a stand-out JH phenotype, but I've never heard this claim being made and I wouldn't believe it myself.
  • Silver Haze has some similar genetic background to JH, but the plants produced by SH look nothing like Jack, so this is just nonsense. Might as well say Hindu Kush is the same 'cutting' as Jamaican Pearl.
I almost can't be bothered going to correct the MNS forums about this. Certain members tend to mess their diapers when they are shown to be wrong.

Still, if you'd be so good as to provide a link to the above claim, I'll take a look and see if it's worth cleaning up.

EDIT - Found it. So, there's a new poster on the MNS forums calling himself Nevil? Oh well. I sincerely doubt it's him. It would be interesting to see the IP numbers of that site. I suspect Nevil's IP would be the same as some other regular on that forum.

Anyway, the proof of the pudding is in the eating. Anyone who's seen a sample of Jack Herer vs Diesel vs Silver Haze can easily and unambiguously tell that they are entirely different plants. Different structure, different aroma and different effect. Obviously not the same strain and utterly incapable of being same clone. Child's play.

Whoever is posting the info as 'Nevil' on MNS is full of shit.

-------------
http://sensiseeds.com/s-en/cannabis-seeds/auto - Auto-flowering http://sensiseeds.com/cannabis-seeds - Cannabis Seeds!
No growing questions by PM, please!

Date Posted: 19 August 2010 at 15:40
Nice one Ganja,thanks for answering and shedding some light on this.The reason i asked is cause shanti introduced the poster as nevil.Id be afraid to ask is it even nevil posting at mns incase they put a hit out on me!There are some very sensitive forum members over there!

So i decided to ask here and get the definitive answer from the horses mouth.

All i can say is im a novice and ive one JH in flower at the moment and ive never seen anything like it, its only four weeks in 12/12 and absolutely covered in buds.
And unlike what i was led to belive its fairly easy to grow. I have a spiermite prob at the moment and i also had it in too small a pot for a while and as a result it could look better. Heres a few pics.

-------------
"Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds"

Posted By: Proteus
Date Posted: 19 August 2010 at 15:45

Thats a fantastic looking plant. Hope you got a cutting.

Date Posted: 19 August 2010 at 16:00
I did proteus i have four clones rooted!I germinated 5seeds, one didnt make it,2 males 2 females.I gave the other female to my brother.Ive 5seeds in the fridge for a rainy day.

-------------

Posted By: coxnox
Date Posted: 28 August 2010 at 23:55
Originally posted by Ganja

Anyway, the proof of the pudding is in the eating. Anyone who's seen a sample of Jack Herer vs Diesel vs Silver Haze can easily and unambiguously tell that they are entirely different plants.
nevil is talking about Super-Silver-Haze, not Sensi Silver Haze...with the lot of information given by this member on the old genetics from the seed bank company it can be another body than nevil himself...

[snip]

Originally posted by Nevil

Your quite right Bigherb, It was Super_Silver_Haze.
Super_Siver_Haze, Jack Herrer and Diesel are not different lineages, they are the same cutting!
Sam would have had the same problem as me. The seeds were very old, either nothing of consequence came up or he didn't keep cuttings of what came up.

-------------

Date Posted: 29 August 2010 at 10:41
"Super Siver Haze, Jack Herrer[sic] and Diesel are not different lineages, they are the same cutting!"

No they are not. Simple as that.

No-one has ever claimed this before, because it's not true.

Anyone who claims the above is full of shit, no matter who they are or who they say they are.

NB - you'd think that anyone so 'deep' in the cannabis industry would know how to spell Jack Herer's name. He's been a pretty important figure for over 20 years...

-------------
http://sensiseeds.com/s-en/cannabis-seeds/auto - Auto-flowering http://sensiseeds.com/cannabis-seeds - Cannabis Seeds!

Posted By: playedout
Date Posted: 29 August 2010 at 12:46
I'd sooner listen to neville than you ganja, no offence.
at least shanti and neville are still relevent unlike sensi who chose to rest on their laurel. The lack of traffic on this forum is proof nobody cares about sensi seed anymore! strains gone to crap since the 90's when I grew 12 strains from sensi.

Date Posted: 29 August 2010 at 14:24
Well i belive ganja and sensiseeds,they have been around a long time,longer than any other seed bank.Also this guy introduced as "nevil" could be anyone.I find it strange that members on MNS readily belive it is nevil without any proof,only shanti's introduction.
I reckon its jesse on another power trip,backing up all the crazy claims he makes.

I agree there not much forum traffic here but maybe thats cause we more intrested in getting on with the growing and leaving the bullshit history where it belongs,in the past.

-------------

Date Posted: 29 August 2010 at 23:12
It's not a matter of believing me. It's common knowledge. These aren't 'my' facts, they're out there for anyone to look up. Anyone can write anything in a forum post, but claiming that JH and Diesel are the same plant simply flies in the face of the established facts. It's just stupid. But believe what you like.

SSH is generally accepted as being an attempt to recreate Jack Herer from similar parent plants several years later. Again, you can look this up.

Fun experiment: find one other claim that Jack Herer and Diesel are the same plant. I sincerely doubt you will. They look, smell and feel entirely different. They're separated by about five to eight years and are from different continents.

But if an anonymous forum post all it takes to make you believe an entirely new piece of fake info, one that contraditcs reality and all other established info ... fine. Have fun with it. You're sure to learn lots more useful information this way.
"Who're you gonna believe, MNS or your own lyin' eyes, baby?"

As for claims of relevance and people caring ... form your own opinion. Sensi doesn't really like to brag about its size, but you could add GHS to MNS plus a third seed co of your choice and you still wouldn't quite be there. After 25 years of being the single largest breeder, it might be hard to imagine just how widespread Sensi strains are, but it's orders of magnitude greater than the more recent companies.

I'm not sure you understand how big the global cannabis community is. either. I won't try to explain, but the earnest, alarmist discussions at MNS about the potential 'genetic bottleneck' caused by feminised seeds makes me chuckle. Again, the world of cannabis is orders of magnitude larger than they seem to understand.

MNS customers seem satisfied, for the most part, but are there actually any seeds for sale at the moment? When I go to the forums, half the discussion seems to be people begging Shanti to return and restock strain x or y.

-------------

Posted By: Morphote
Date Posted: 18 December 2010 at 09:54
Nevil did so much for Sensi. It's a shame he isn't shown more respect.

M.

Posted By: sarah louise
Date Posted: 18 December 2010 at 14:05
Oh dear, another one.

-------------
What doesn't kill me just makes me stranger...

Posted By: JustAsmoker
Date Posted: 18 December 2010 at 15:06
ben and nevil are old friends, from what ive read. i sure as hell bet they dont argu over stuff written up on forums when they meet up. the real life is alot different than the forums, stuff we say to each other on forums etc..

nevil's got his strains bens got his. whats the problem

the deisel i smoked and grow tasted nothing like jack herer that ive smoked. jack is quite skunky.

deisel tasted like grapefruit and petrol the pheno i had

i thout it was old news that deisel was breed from an afgani and mexican sativa

Date Posted: 18 December 2010 at 16:46
if you watch mr nice's video diary you see howard and ben together at sensi. theres loads of respect between them you can see that

Date Posted: 21 December 2010 at 11:44
Originally posted by Morphote

He's mentioned frequently in the SSB catalogue and his many achievements are lauded.

This doesn't mean that anyone using the name Nevil can rewrite cannabis history to suit their own ends. This isn't a religion.

And, frankly, using Nevil's name or vague association to legitimise incorrect claims or make short-term profits seems to display a lot less respect for the man and the community at large than challenging those incorrect claims.

Also, Nevil did a lot for the cannabis community and for The Seed Bank, when he ran it. When it became Sensi Seed Bank, the Dronkers family did a lot for the community and for SSB. It's correct to consider the two companies as stewards of the same genetic material, and if so, then Nevil ran The Seed Bank for about 6-7 years (until 1991), while Sensi Seed Bank has continued the same work for almost 20 years.

The majority of growers who have grown strains that were sold in both the SSB and TSB catalogues have grown them since they were offered by Sensi.

-------------

Date Posted: 22 December 2010 at 07:49
Originally posted by sarah louise

Oh dear, another one.

Another what? Say what you have to say.

M.

Date Posted: 22 December 2010 at 07:57

He's mentioned frequently in the SSB catalogue and his many achievements are lauded.

This doesn't mean that anyone using the name Nevil can rewrite cannabis history to suit their own ends. This isn't a religion.

And, frankly, using Nevil's name or vague association to legitimise incorrect claims or make short-term profits seems to display a lot less respect for the man and the community at large than challenging those incorrect claims.

If I did not believe it was Nevil, then I would agree with you. I believe he is who he says he is. Shanti has come forward and confirmed it. I don't see anyone (including you) saying Shanti is a liar. Or are you? I don't see anyone in any position (outside of Shanti) to say if it is or isn't Nevil. Do you know something I don't?

M.

Date Posted: 22 December 2010 at 15:29
Quite probably.

But I don't really care who it is. The claim at the start of this thread is bullshit, no matter who said it.

Jack Herer, SSh and Diesel are not 'the same clone'. Simple as that.

I notice on the MNS thread that the claim was changed to "a plant that I used to refer to as diesel", not the famous US strain or the Soma NYCD. That could mean any strain and pretty much confirms what i originally said.

-------------

Posted By: munzy
Date Posted: 22 December 2010 at 21:41

Oh dear, another one.

M.
i think she already has lol

-------------
ANDWHAT

Posted By: munzy
Date Posted: 22 December 2010 at 21:42

If I did not believe it was Nevil, then I would agree with you. I believe he is who he says he is. Shanti has come forward and confirmed it. I don't see anyone (including you) saying Shanti is a liar. Or are you? I don't see anyone in any position (outside of Shanti) to say if it is or isn't Nevil. Do you know something I don't?

M.
ha reminds me of sparticus

-------------
ANDWHAT

Posted By: Auto-Question-Bot
Date Posted: 23 December 2010 at 02:46
lol

Date Posted: 24 December 2010 at 12:46
I'll ask you again, Ganja. Are you calling Shanti a liar? He says it is Nevil.

M.

Date Posted: 24 December 2010 at 13:38
morphote, chill out its christmas eve. are you smoking diesiel?????? because thats what its for

Date Posted: 24 December 2010 at 15:24
I am chill. Ganja is questioning Shanti's credibility. Rest assured someone's integrity is on the line. As Ganja is friends with Ben and Ben is friends with Nevil, Ganja is in a unique position to confirm whether or not it is Nevil. Either Shanti is lying or he is telling the truth. Same goes for Ganja.

M.

Posted By: crabslayer420247
Date Posted: 25 December 2010 at 21:41
Who cares? Dont you have a garden to tend to?

Posted By: snoopy85
Date Posted: 25 December 2010 at 22:33
lol
you can go to any forum and call yourself what u want and say what u think...theyre many many liers around the net who want play beeing the big guy and just create a profile with a famous name...its not just here in cannabis forums its overall at the net.....
lol
i met once when playing online xbox a guy who calls himself the cigarette smoking from the xfiles...you can call yourself everything on the net...BUT DONT BELIEVE ALL THIS SHIT....
my hint at them who believe such rumours....never go to a chatroom....the hot blonde girl...mustnt be hot or blonde....musnt even be a girl
be carefull
cheers

Date Posted: 26 December 2010 at 07:27
I have two main reasons for going public now. One is to see what we can put together working as a team and the other is to pass on knowledge of what I have done in the past and my thought processes as to why. As a child, I was privileged to have a breeding mentor. If I can be of assistance to you, in the same way then I will have "Paid it Forward".
You see, I love all of you too, for I see you as other versions of myself and therefore you deserve my best efforts.
N.

The truth is often hard to swallow.

M.

Date Posted: 26 December 2010 at 09:38
i cant even see what its gonna achive man. sensi created jack herer so even if itis it just means sensi created that 2. they can have credit for both then and you talk of your mentor and that is what ganja is to 99% of us on here. your barking up the wrong tree fella, this is sensi forum

-------------
activate the super lumens switch

Date Posted: 26 December 2010 at 10:45
Originally posted by munzy

Oh dear, another one.

M.
i think she already has lol

lol Munzy

What I meant, Morphote, was that this was another one of those posts, where some keyboard warrior was going to try and argue the toss with Ganja over some rot conjured up at MNS.

Your later posts insisting that Ganja admit to calling Shanti a liar, while ignoring his answers to your questions, proves my point painfully well.

As a regular employee of Sensi, I doubt Ganja will be found answering posts in the forum over the holiday period. So please, could we hold off throwing down anymore virtual guantlets until we are back to regular services in the New Year.

-------------

Date Posted: 27 December 2010 at 02:13
Don't worry about it. I see this topic bothers you. If any of you wish to go over to MNS and ask him about the lines he created for Sensi, be my guest. He's not shy.

M.

Date Posted: 27 December 2010 at 07:14
Im sure creating strains for sensi while he worked there was part of his job description?Just like he is trying to create something new at mns,its in his interest to do so.

Or do ya think he was somehow forced to do things for sensiseeds, then sack him and take all the credit?I dont know much about it but i taught i read he left sensi of his own accord?

Or was he like the tea boy or something, that did a bit of breeding on the side,and sensi stole his work?I dont see what the issue is?He had a job to do, that he did very well.

Nevil at mns said SSH,JH and DIESEL are the same cutting,thats just too hard to believe,thats why i, amongst many on many forums,including mns forums,asked is this true,and indeed, IMO that statement is what put doubt as to wether this was really nevil posting.

Its such a crazy thing to say!!Whats even more crazy is most people at mns just believed this statement!

Do you think its the same cutting morphote?

-------------

Date Posted: 28 December 2010 at 12:00
That's a pretty sad and transparent attempt to stir up 'controversy', morphote.

As Sara points out, my response is pretty well covered in my "i don't care who said it, bullshit is bullshit" post.

Mind your manners or post elsewhere.

-------------

Date Posted: 06 January 2011 at 06:55
I'll let you know when I'm being rude. You let me know when you can prove it isn't Nevil.

I don't think it's the same cutting, no. But I also don't think we know what Nevil's talking about. Don't forget, he knows things most others don't. He created SSH. JH came out of a batch of SSH he created, according to him. Sensi should be able to confirm or deny this. I do believe JH and SSH are related. I also believe that Diesel could easily come from within the SSH family. I could be wrong, but either way I would never question Nevil, even if I don't like him very much. He was there. We weren't. That much I do respect. Were you there Ganja? You claim to know something we don't. Do tell.

To be clear I'm not trying to stir anything up. I'm really trying to find out if you do in fact know anything about this particular situation. If you don't, just say so. If you do, spill it.

M.

-------------

Date Posted: 06 January 2011 at 10:26
Not rude. Tiresome. There's a difference, however trifling.

Jack Herer was created long before SSH. JH was released several years after Nevil ceased association with Sensi Seed Bank. This is easy to look up. As is the fact that SSH came years later. Not controversial points at all.

SHH is generally agreed to be an attempt to recreate Jack Herer from similar parent plants for GH. Again, easy to look up.

Originally posted by morphote

but either way I would never question Nevil, even if I don't like him very much.

I love the slightly cultist mindset. Very strange. I sometimes visit that forum just to wonder at people's eagerness to be part of something. I think it taps into a similar thing to fanatically supporting sports teams.

It would be easy enough to turn the question round and point out that most Jack Herer info comes from Alan and a lot of cannabis history from Alan, Ben and Eddie who were there, were you? etc etc. But it's irrelevant whether you 'believe' these points or not. Facts are facts. The faithful have faith.

As it happens I wasn't here in the mid 80s, but I did arrive in Dam at about the same time as Shanti. I've met most of the people even peripherally involved in the discussion, but again, that's irrelevant.

For the record, I think Nevil is a top bloke. He played a big part in the modern breeding scene, and while it's foolish to think it wouldn't be here without him (or any single major figure), it would be significantly different without his input. He fudges some facts/history for his own purposes, or because certain info is nobody else's business, but that's no skin off my nose.

I'm more inclined to think that Nevil is answering posts since having a scan through one of the breeding topics. There were a few Internet Experts trying to have a go at him for 'genetic bottlenecking' and asking if it wasn't his responsibility to breed in a certain way in order to preserve the cannabis genome or some such pompous nonsense.

Other forum members reacted predictably with "how dare you question?", while Nevil mostly ignored them or responded with a laconic "piss off, you don't know what you're on about" (I'm paraphrasing) which I thought was the perfect response. The accusations were tosh and demonstrated that the 'accusers' didn't really have a clue, so why even bother explaining to them why they were wrong?

So that, to me, is a pretty good indicator that Nevil is answering posts. It sounds like him and has the appropriate attitude.

Nevertheless, the claim that "they're all the same clone" or that Jack Herer is a descendant of SSH is simply bullshit, no matter who says it.

-------------

Date Posted: 06 January 2011 at 17:35
Thank you for answering Ganja. Again, I was not trying to stir anything. No disrespect intended mate.

M.

Date Posted: 06 January 2011 at 18:11
Fair enough! Everyone's happy then.

-------------

Date Posted: 06 January 2011 at 20:27
tbh who really cares?

Date Posted: 06 January 2011 at 20:32
I hope you see the irony and humor in you even taking the time to post that. I know I do.

M.

Posted By: breizh ganja
Date Posted: 06 January 2011 at 20:36
where there is weed lovers;there is passion words!! psychosis and the important is the peace join at the end and see you later!

-------------
Rémi Gaillard...take a look !

Date Posted: 06 January 2011 at 20:42
I'll agree with that.

M.

Date Posted: 07 January 2011 at 12:48
am i right in sayin neville owned sensi at one point then he sold it?

Date Posted: 07 January 2011 at 13:15
Nevil ran The Seed Bank from around 1984/5 to 1990

Ben bought TSB lock, stock and barrel in 1991 and merged it with his existing Sensi Seed Club to make the Sensi Seed Bank.

-------------

Date Posted: 07 January 2011 at 17:25
which seed banj does nevil run now? or own?

Date Posted: 07 January 2011 at 17:39
He doesn't. His seedstock was left with Shanti at MNS.

M.

Posted By: fakea48
Date Posted: 23 March 2012 at 03:00

sensi rocks

mns is all sk#1 afghan crosses, which are mostly out of stock anyway

must be hard to breed when you post on your forum from the beach.....

Posted By: dacca1
Date Posted: 23 March 2012 at 08:10
Originally posted by fakea48

sensi rocks

where is your proof? do you breed for MNS? pathetic statement%3clown

-------------
Bloom as often as you can

Posted By: sicklehand
Date Posted: 23 March 2012 at 11:49
lol i realize its an old thread, still a good read though, i do believe you've mellowed over the years ganja. lol

and alecky posting such inflammatory post. tut, tut lmao   

Date Posted: 23 March 2012 at 12:15
Originally posted by dacca1

Originally posted by fakea48

sensi rocks

where is your proof? do you breed for MNS? pathetic statement%3c3clown

my proof is looking at the catalogue....
imo it is much more pathetic to be like..."shanti, shanti, i love you, you invented every modern strain, you are the only one with all of these plants, everyone else in holland has nothing etc etc ad infinitum"
 where is YOUR proof on this?
the rest of holland says different things
blind faith is not fact and should not be posted everywhere as fact
sam s, ingemar , sensi, and many others do the hard work then someone says " shanti is the only one with true skunk, white widow, nl#5 x haze, ssh, ..and i call bs even if you dont agree. and by the way howard marks says himself "shanti only uses my name"
exlamation%20...%20Shift+R%20improves%20the%20quality%20of%20this%20image.%20CTRL+F5%20reloads%20the%20whole%20page.

Date Posted: 23 March 2012 at 18:09
Shanti seems like a decent guy (and does seem to spend a lot of time at very nice beaches). The weird cultish mentality in much of the MNS forums probably isn't his fault.

I believe very little cannabis lore as fact, since there are so many versions of every story and so many people with an axe to grind.

Sickle - heh. I might just have mellowed a bit. Now I have to go back and see if I was really raging at the beginning of this thread.

-------------

Date Posted: 23 March 2012 at 18:15
Hah, that wasn't so long ago! I think I'm a little more ... vociferous in really old posts.

My initial scepticism about Nevil posting at MNS was probably incorrect. It seems to have actually been him. But i don't think the episode ended well and I think he stopped posting quite quickly.

Also, I think Morphote changed his opinion of MNS and Nevil pretty sharply in the last couple of years. His last few posts at the place did not sound very happy at all...

-------------

Date Posted: 23 March 2012 at 23:31
"I believe very little cannabis lore as fact" well said G, in my finite knowledge of the cannabis forum landscape it seems to be littered with people who need something to poor there belief into whether factual or not.

vociferous not half lol im not a member of the mns forum but have gleamed it as i have many others, it does seem to attract the for mentioned types although i think the initial sales pitch may have something to do with it.

lets just get back to the best part of growing... fun!! an leave the ego at the door

Date Posted: 25 March 2012 at 00:54

well said back to the seeds + strains.... apologies for earlier posts, but all the fiction gets to you in the end.

any new upcoming sensi projects in the pipeline?

i have done the jack and the super sk. so far, and both have been kind to me %3co%20high

Posted By: Proteus
Date Posted: 25 March 2012 at 17:41
The problem with MRN forums is that they had a "no admin" policy and then opened their doors to the internet. Really should have known better tbh :)

-------------

Date Posted: 26 March 2012 at 00:55

all marketing i suppose. trouble is you get people believing it and quoting it to back to you as truth.... i have had people tell me that sensi nl#5xhaze is not the real one, or that jack herer is just ssh renamed, and they really believe it! talk about rewrite the books.....

anyway no more ranting from me%3cmoke%20eye

Date Posted: 26 March 2012 at 11:46
i not sure if you were talking to me or sensi fakea48, im currently growing black domina looking for a good indica mother. sensi are releasing a new medical strain but when who knows ganja would have a better idea than anyone.

i think that most of us forget from time to time that seed banks are company's and are all prone to a bit of hype after all there prime objective it to get you to part with your hard earned cash no matter how
transparent cough,GHS,cough they appear to be. the only things i expect from a seed company are good germ rates, to receive the seeds good condition the rest is up to mother nature imo   

Posted By: PetrolSS
Date Posted: 27 March 2012 at 04:54
more then a little side tracked but i feel worth mentioning

I've attended Spannabis several years in a row, I've dealt with all kinds of seed company's representatives - whether the company be large small or even a folk breeder i met once in rural catalunya

i've walked in every marijuana and non marijuana store shop musuem institution i could possibly be let into in the short periods i've been in the dam

but i'll never forget the first day i walked out of the train station, happened to turn down the first street and walk directly in Sensi Seeds

it was one of the sister branches, and the guy at the counter with a bit of a beard and a hat spent the next 45 min to an hour ignoring every other tourist who walked in the door (atleast 3 or 4 groups) simply to continue talking to me and sharing ideas.

the same trip, a beautiful girl who i first met at the college and then ran into again at the main sensi branch where i purchased my white rhino (and i think jack) the next morning, gave me such wonderful conversation, i had no interest in leaving amsterdam simply because i felt i was loosing a friend!

Sensi's Representatives are an intellectual, capable, wonderful group of people and i'll continue doing business with them religiously for the rest of my life - if only for their stupendous customer service skills

edit:
and if anyone can make sure ganja happens to read this, i think he and any other staff would appreciate my thoughts. i mean it sincerely and they deserve it

-------------
Social revolution in the 1960's US was necessitated and made inevitable by the accelerated convergence of polydimensional conflict within the shift from a rural-urban society, technology, and mobility

Posted By: dacca1
Date Posted: 27 March 2012 at 14:00
Only logged in to post something about jack flash and read this bold statement from fakea48.. who knows everything%3c3c3clown, I enjoy strains from both seed banks . So the proof is in the seed ?
So Back to MNS I go where its been proven, not bye hype...just the pudding and lots of cream.
peace to all.

-------------
Bloom as often as you can

Date Posted: 28 March 2012 at 01:42
lol

-------------

Date Posted: 28 March 2012 at 10:04
hold up! me thinks the wonderful wizardess of oz has waved her magic wand lol, imo i think the thread should be deleted as its only going to end up in a
argument

my dads better than your dad sort of thing

or maybe ill change the subject, errr weather been nice lately?

Date Posted: 07 April 2012 at 14:36
i certainly DO NOT know everything. i know sensi has fine strains. i even know that the haters favorite ghs has good strains. trouble is , the general 'i have all the originals of everything, no one else has anything , lets discredit all seed companies' bs that you get from mns camp has put me off ever trying their strains, which is a shame as the 'shit' is tempting.
 btw, just because someone has a different opinion to you does not mean they think they know everything.
 i dont see where i made a bold statement at all please fill me in

Posted By: bengtal
Date Posted: 27 February 2016 at 09:44
Hi,

sorry to post and revive, i know this thread is old, but this seems to be the place for my question. I read through this thread up til here to make sure my questions hadn't already been answered. So here is what I'm curious about :

Are the parent plants of the original Jack Herer seed crop still alive ? Are you continuing to produce seed crops of that same original cross by running clones of the parent plants together ? The same parent plants that were used whenever the first seeds of Jack Herer were ever produced and offered by Sensi. Is that what you're still crossing to generate these Jack Herer seeds ? or is this a very near/related line from backcrossing or inbreeding ?

thanks!

Date Posted: 10 April 2016 at 10:24
Hi bengtal,

imo there is every possibility that the jack herer offered today is the same one released back in the day, clones if looked after correctly can last decades with very minimal "drift" or loss of vigor. That being said there will come a day when you will have to revive parent clones with extra breeding this can be done by as you say inbreeding or back-crossing.

The Northern lights#5 clone if still around has almost certainly had some tinkering done under the hood, although many new company's still clam they have it, personally i would take that with a pinch of salt.

Rest of the thread,

I used to be concerned about lineage/canna-history but we have to remember that we are talking about a small group of people Ben, Nevil, Scott etc who all have their own angle on the same story, not only do they contradict each other from time to time but they are what they are, aging stoners with hazy recollections. 

These days i try to take each new grow for what it is, an i couldnt care less if its the one from the 80's or if Nevil produced it magically from his arse while on tour with the greatfull dead lol it bares no difference to whether or not i enjoy the end product.

sorry for the rant
Just my 2 pence

-------------
Peace

Date Posted: 13 April 2016 at 10:13
Continued....

The modern obsession with original source/old-school genetics is an interesting one, with most forums having a "what happened to x strain" or "x strain has changed" thread. I find it funny that the majority of these threads are posted by someone that grew a strain in 80's-90's claiming the strain has been altered in someway, when in all probability it is the grower that has changed, for instance tolerance and age to name but a few.

An don't get me started on euphoric recall! ie: your memory of an event/time is always seen with rose tinted glasses, "Man, X strain used to blow me and my friends away, it doesn't these days?" See first to reasons lol " Man, X strain doesn't look or smell the same as it did" see euphoric recall and the fact that growing a pack or even ten packs of seed does not give you the full scope of said strain.

Thc content of 80's-90's strains is massively different to those of today, with most of the early strains hitting the lofty heights of 8-12% thc, with a few clocking 15% now if the blurb is to be believed 20% is the norm, cough cough bullshit! most im sure will come in the 15% bracket...... anyways

This post is not meant to be inflammatory, it is just my opinion/ thinking on screen, so stay tuned for more pre-coffee o-clock rants..

Take it easy %3cink

-------------
Peace

Posted By: 20'Thai
Date Posted: 26 April 2016 at 17:05
Hi everyone,

Been a while since I posted here, dropped by, saw this post and thought I'd add something to it, if that's alright.

I have heard the argument of yesteryear strains being better in some way shape or form to today's.   I even have old mates whom I bump into now and again that bring up the subject trying to resurrect what I believe to be an ideal more than a fact.

I am nearing the age of sixty, and was growing and smoking since my late teens, and I mean a lot since my late teens.  In those days here in Oz, we regularly got magnificent Thai Sticks and what they termed "Indian Hemp Sticks".  Both of which were so outrageously potent that words fail to explain how they could be so.

Apart from that, we always had our local Native Sativas which had ALL been brought into the country from other lands and over time acclimatized to our conditions.  When I say "local sativas" I refer to what is commonly known today as strains like Mullumbinby Madness, Lemon Sativa... and effectively, Haze of one form or another, including and not limited to Shanti's NevHaze.  We were growing sativa here many years before Shanti left to go overseas that were so similar to his current NevHaze that it's not funny; and I mean near identical.  As for all these types of local sativa,  I would wager ANYONE that if you grew them here or elsewhere TODAY, and compared them to a 30 year old grow, you'd find they have EXACTLY the SAME level of potency that they ever did.  So it safe to say that they ALWAYS will, if kept relatively clean and uncrossed.

As for the indicas and newage hybrids, from what I have seen over the decades, they are still as wonderfully potent and good tasting as I ever recall them being.  If anything, as far as the hybrids go, I would say that in recent years there has been some truly outstanding NEW genepools that have come out that could even rival those of yesteryear.

One thing that I firmly believe has attributed to this amazing level of resin output in some of these new crosses is NOT the genes, it's the excellent NIGHTING period that can be provided with any indoor grow.  It's not the Sun which makes massive dense resin dripping colas, it's the NIGHT.  Total and complete darkness every night for at least 14 hours is a main contributor to incredible resin production.  That CANNOT be replicated anywhere in the great outdoors.  Stars on clear nights, the moon, nearby street and neighbor's house lights... they all add up to (a) LESS dense buds that have (b) less visible and actual resin as well as (c) LEAFIER colas.  There's just no getting around that because these plants use NIGHT/DARKNESS as the main determinant for developing excellent flowers/buds.   So let's not forget that 30 plus years ago, the only place you'd see a light bulb was in the street or home... nobody grew indoors.

Some of the Kush or Diesel crosses that have been made using primo samples of "haze and/or indica" are incredible resin factories IMO.  We never saw plants 30-40 years ago that would be dripping with the amounts of resin that they do today, that is a FACT. 

Another thing that comes to mind apart from the obvious "tolerant level" increase with age and ongoing consumption, and it is a REAL factor at that, is the amount of regular TOP shelf dope that is available;e today compared to the distant past.  Decades ago, for those that could not grow their own or didn't know how, "GOOD stuff" would come about once every blue moon.  When you're effectively smoking swag most of the year and something good happens along, it can't fail but make a lasting impression on you.  Try telling those how claim the older stuff was better, to go TRULY dry, without a smoke for months, and then try some good stuff of today.  Then watch how they may end raving about how this stuff reminds them so much of the good stuff they use to get decades ago... etc etc.

If you smoked something I grew, I could care less what you had in years gone by, you'd like it... and there are so many others who could do the same for you.

The reason I tool the time to write this up is simply for the younger ones, to them I say, don't worry, so long as mankind lives there will always be immaculate buds about no matter what others say.

God bless the hand that sows the seed.

http://forum.sensiseeds.com/fdata/gallery/20thai/4728_f13_closeup_of_hazey_pheno_afganthai_phe.jpg

-------------
I look at the world as all do, but I see something different

Always do RIGHT; this will gratify some people and astonish the rest.

Date Posted: 30 April 2016 at 19:22
Welcome back 20' thai%3chumbs%20Up

Beautiful bud pic  

-------------
Peace

Posted By: 20'Thai
Date Posted: 06 May 2016 at 10:56
Thanks sicklehand, had some time to myself the last couple of weeks, it's nice for a change.

But that will change soon... as they say, "No rest for the wicked." %3coving%20it

Have a good one.

http://forum.sensiseeds.com/images/users/a_20thai/a_f13_at_16weeks_2-3_weeks_to_go_i14460.html

-------------
I look at the world as all do, but I see something different

Always do RIGHT; this will gratify some people and astonish the rest.

Date Posted: 07 May 2016 at 09:44
Originally posted by 20'Thai

"No rest for the wicked." %3c3coving%3c20it

I hear that %3co%20high

-------------
Peace

Posted By: Solidopc
Date Posted: 21 June 2017 at 18:34
The only people who know if the original cuts are still alive and used to make the seeds, ain't telling & are very few.

I'd be surprised if all the old skool cuts were gone. Ukcheese has been going for decades. There are alot of fakes said to be ukcheese. But I've had the pleasure of growing the exodus cut. It doesn't look as skunky to me as the ones said to be the real deal. Darker. Fatter fingered leafs.

But it would be pretty dam good if every cut had been kept. In reality though. I think some must of been lost for son reason. Mites. One messed up clone room. I would imagine sensi have cuts tht are probably amazing but not offered in seeds because unlike GH, sensi don't just chuck out seeds to profiteer off names and rubbish. They can't do breeding anymore as far as I know as Ben dronkers is involved in political type things.

But I would still buy sensi or Mr Nice above anyone else. Chimera and dna genetics are all right. And I got love got sweetseeds too. Do some awesome sensi crosses

-------------
Green-Thumb Growing

Posted By: Quarzen
Date Posted: 28 June 2017 at 02:21
I once breeded a Strain called TWIN SEEDZ © ®

it was a sample of a sensi strain crossed with another sensi and it really was a twin.
at the end it shows that in each twin seed was one male and one female ...
I tried it : i crossed them and thatz the famous Sensi TWIN SEED ... isnt that something.
I got my OWN seedbank in between itz WATSON SEEDZ ™ and its spelled with a Z!

My other brand is a MEXICAN DREAM © ® aka AMERICAN SATIVA © ® !
And belive me itz stable !

Kool ... so long guys and lad's !

And have a good Smoke !
%3c3ceed%3c20leaf

Quarzen

-------------
http://sensiseeds.com/ - Sensi Seeds : the http://sensiseeds.com/indoorgreenhouse/1s26.html - Indoor/Greenhouse Collection - amazing strains for indoor or outdoor growing!

Posted By: Solidopc
Date Posted: 15 November 2018 at 19:34
MNS is good. Sensi is good. I love mango haze. & all the fuss about original cuts this & up that. I am sure the law of probability meant a few have died. But maybe not in everyone's hands. & weed is weed. All the fancy name piss me off. I'm torn between Mr. Nice shit or sensi skunk kush. Anyone grown both? Are they similar in smell, growth pattern & yield?

Advantages of sensi is they might do fems. Pro got MNS shit I grew it before & it was the bomb.

-------------
Green-Thumb Growing

Print Page | Close Window