Print Page | Close Window

yellow leaves-problem! any ideas?

Printed From: Sensi Seeds Shop
Category: Sensi Seeds
Forum Name: Indoor Growing
Forum Discription: Questions and answers about indoor cultivation
URL: http://forum.sensiseeds.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=8081
Printed Date: 12 December 2019 at 12:29

Topic: yellow leaves-problem! any ideas?
Posted By: kwstas
Subject: yellow leaves-problem! any ideas?
Date Posted: 27 February 2011 at 20:12
i am growing super skunk from seed and i fed the seedlings twice with root juice and bio heaven by biobizz just as instructed
temp is around 25 C and humidity 30%
what do you thing ?any advice will be helpfull..
i am posting sm images below

Replies:
Date Posted: 27 February 2011 at 20:31
i

Date Posted: 27 February 2011 at 20:34

Date Posted: 27 February 2011 at 20:36
http://forum.sensiseeds.com/images/users/a_kwstas/a_skunk_i12704.html

Date Posted: 27 February 2011 at 20:41
http://forum.sensiseeds.com/images/users/a_kwstas/faefa.jpg

Posted By: ninja-ninja
Date Posted: 27 February 2011 at 20:58
I think humidity is too low. it should be somewhere around 50-60%

Posted By: martiniGR
Date Posted: 28 February 2011 at 16:38
the temp should be 21 o C. The seedlings dont need much food and water.

-------------
Some say friends do not exist, we cant make words for things that do not exist...
Willie van het Kerkhof, Groningen NL

Date Posted: 28 February 2011 at 16:40
%3cndefined  
this is the foto of KWSTAS
the plants have evaporate a lot caused by low humidity, spray the plants with water a few times a day. The leafs will get brown at the tips and dry out. For the rest its ok.
Raise humidity.

-------------
Some say friends do not exist, we cant make words for things that do not exist...

Date Posted: 28 February 2011 at 19:57
thanks a lot  ninja-ninja and martini !i ve just sprayed them with water and i ll wait to see what happens..
anyway ,is this a problem that appears only in this stage of cultivation(i mean when the plants are~ a week and a half old)or through the whole process ?
cause i ve tried some tricks but i cant raise humidity that much(50-60%)
i ve also been told that low humidity i not a big problem (i should only water the plants more often and give them less food)and that it can make the plants produce more thc in order to reduce the evaporation.is that right?

Posted By: InvertedVertigo
Date Posted: 28 February 2011 at 20:01
i doubt it will be the humidity then. mines wasn't registering on the hygrometer it was that low as seedlings. and 50 to 60% sounds fine. other growers have harvested off lower than this.mine rarely goes beyong 35 - 50%.

Posted By: ninja-ninja
Date Posted: 28 February 2011 at 20:30
if humidity despite spraying the leaves of plants is still low you can put pan with boiling (hot) water will evaporate into the room. This will increase humidity.I would not put any food on young plants. your soil has a food for the first three weeks approximately. give only water with pH balanced. it should not be cold or hot water. normal room temperature is recommended.Also make sure there is always fresh air in the space where you keep plants.

Posted By: Ganja
Date Posted: 01 March 2011 at 11:03
Boiling water won't help humidity much. If it's no longer being heated, it will stop giving off steam very rapidly. If it's (somehow) kept boiling while in the grow-room, that can become a problem for many reasons!

A shallow tray of room-temperature water will evaporate quite readily in the warmth of a grow room, and should raise the room's humidity a little.

-------------
http://sensiseeds.com/s-en/cannabis-seeds/auto - Auto-flowering http://sensiseeds.com/cannabis-seeds - Cannabis Seeds!
No growing questions by PM, please!

Date Posted: 01 March 2011 at 19:45
thank you guyz.ganja ive tried that already.anyway ,i ve posted some questions above ...if enyone knows anything about it please let us know ...i think that many people will have the same query

Posted By: newbie_hemp_grow
Date Posted: 01 March 2011 at 22:17
I'm not quite sure what my humidity is but I normally let the plant's have a little run off in the tray which mut help with humidity level's then give it a day or 2 to dry out (depending on amount of run off) and normally leave a bottle of soloution and open in the room, so it let's out some moisture durin the time waiting for a feed :D

Date Posted: 01 March 2011 at 22:43
just spray water in the air for a fast result, or spray at the walls and floor, works a little slower.If you are in the grow room, do you get a dry throat? Then the humidity is to low!

-------------

Date Posted: 01 March 2011 at 22:57
martini ,i sprayed them yesterday and today some times and they seem to get better!
i was talking about these questions
''is this a problem that appears only in this stage of cultivation(i mean when the plants are~ a week and a half old)or through the whole process ?

i ve also been told that low humidity i not a big problem (i should only water the plants more often and give them less food)and that it can make the plants produce more thc in order to reduce the evaporation.is that right?
thanks again
k

Posted By: Ganja
Date Posted: 02 March 2011 at 09:45
Higher humidity is better (but not essential) for the growing stage.

Lower humidity (under 40%) is usually better in flowering.

-------------
http://sensiseeds.com/s-en/cannabis-seeds/auto - Auto-flowering http://sensiseeds.com/cannabis-seeds - Cannabis Seeds!
No growing questions by PM, please!

Posted By: G.A.
Date Posted: 03 March 2011 at 14:37
veg humidity should be at 60% and in bloom at 50% for best processing of nutrints andtranspiration. it does maker a big diff, and dont let them plants sit in that run off in the tray. it will draw the bad run off back into the plant and cause you problems...thjats why we want it out, not to let it soak back in.
if you casnt buy a humidifier and want to use the bucket of water then hang a towel above it and let the tip sit in the water, it will draw up the towel and evape off and create humidity....like a wick

Posted By: newbie_hemp_grow
Date Posted: 09 March 2011 at 15:15
I spray the wall's every 2days now it's not dry when I put my head in the grow cupboard since reading response plant's seem to be happier, I've also trimmed the bigger leave's off aswel, to let the bud's/flower's get a bit more direct light aswel as the lower leave's will try post some pic's on friday when I get my new internet connection up and running :D

Posted By: Leafless
Date Posted: 09 March 2011 at 16:12
forget sprying walls and get one of these!

Place it where ur intake airflow passes and check humidity with 2 min/max meters. One outside one inside ur place, diff is the raise u get. U can regulate it by repositioning or cutting the Flies (piece of cloth inside dunno).
U can get one for 2-5€ definetly worth the money!

GL

Print Page | Close Window