Print Page | Close Window

feminizing seeds.

Printed From: Sensi Seeds Shop
Category: Sensi Seeds
Forum Name: Plant Gender
Forum Discription: Idenifying and working with females, males and intersex plants
URL: http://forum.sensiseeds.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=983
Printed Date: 17 October 2017 at 09:50

Topic: feminizing seeds.
Posted By: Fuzzy Dunlop
Subject: feminizing seeds.
Date Posted: 19 December 2005 at 18:00
I have a superskunk hermie motherplant.
Im now playing with the thoughts of make feminised seeds.
I have to put the motherplant to flower now couse she so huge that she uses half the growroom.
I will take some cuttings of her and save until i have another good female.
I wonder which strain i have to cross it with but any ideas are welcome.
The superskunk itself was really good and very tasty so i want something sweet stuff.
I love heavy stoned stuff.

-------------
I grow for my own and loves it like I love to live GOOD !!

Replies:
Date Posted: 19 December 2005 at 18:01
You can see the plant in the photogallery under Fuzzy Dunlop!!!

-------------

Posted By: Ganja
Date Posted: 20 December 2005 at 11:52

Some gorgeous buds there, FD

I would have been interested to see the extent of the hermaphrodism, but it goes without saying that you had to remove the staminate flowers.

It's nice to see that they didn't grow back. How many male flowers were there on the big plant, anyway?

And were any seeds produced at all? You should be on the lookout for the odd seed or two per plant. They may give interesting results when grown. In the case of self-pollination, they should turn into exact copies of the parent plant (with the same tendency to turn hermaphrodite).

-------------
http://sensiseeds.com/s-en/cannabis-seeds/auto - Auto-flowering http://sensiseeds.com/cannabis-seeds - Cannabis Seeds!
No growing questions by PM, please!

Date Posted: 20 December 2005 at 17:59

Hello again Ganja!!
i dont have any pictures yet of the hermstadium,but i will make some pics and post when the motherplant start to flower.(Detailed pics)
There are male pollenbags growing under the buds but the last 2 weeks in the flowering stage they dont show up much.
i have been flowering some herm plants this authumn and i have no seeds.
I have been very clever and removed the male bags as far they show up and at times they were many and noone opened.
i was thinking of cross the herm with another sensistrain to get feminised seeds.Selfpollination will give me herm seeds as far as i know but if i cross the superskunk herm with ex.big bud female it will be only feminised seeds on the bigbud plant.. Is that right??

And if it works like that i wonder which strain would give me a killer hehe...??

The motherplant is now so huge that i have to give her peace and its the biggest plant i ever had.
She is 180 cm high and 250 cm in diameter and have a pot of 40 litre of soil.The stem is almost like a coffee cup at the bottom.

The buds in the gallery is from cutting taken from the big mama.
I have 2 plants ready for harwest in a few days and they have much bigger buds and smell very very good.

By the way the name DanDevil is becouse i had an shivaskunkstrain from sensi that put my smoking friends into coma.
Would love to do that strain in near future.

I will keep you updated how the big mama turns during flowering with pics and info..
But anyway i will save some of the herm cuttings for use in the future.Im very curious to make a new devil strain.hehe  My friend love that...

-------------

Posted By: Ganja
Date Posted: 21 December 2005 at 11:23

Originally posted by Fuzzy Dunlop

i was thinking of cross the herm with another sensistrain to get feminised seeds.Selfpollination will give me herm seeds as far as i know but if i cross the superskunk herm with ex.big bud female it will be only feminised seeds on the bigbud plant.. Is that right?

Not exactly. Feminised seeds are hermaphrodite seeds, even when you buy them from a breeder. They are perhaps less likely to turn than a self-pollinating hermaphrodite (depends on how easily the parent turned), but they definitely tend towards hermaphrodism. This is why not too many breeders produce them.

Self-pollinated seeds will usually turn hermaphrodite in the same circumstances or at the same stage of growth as their parent.

Feminised seeds may follow the pattern of the hermaphrodite parent, may express hermaphrodism as a result of different factors (stress, irregularity, cutting) or may not turn.

It is hard to predict how likely feminised seeds are to turn. They can inherit the tendency from either parent - or possibly both (I'll have to read up on genetics for a definite answer to that).

Also, since all cannabis has the ability to turn, the 'pure' female parent of a feminised cross may also have a tendency towards hermaphrodism to pass on to its offspring.

Chances are that this will not be a strong tendency, but it's hard to be sure (unless you have grown many clones of that female and are confident that she's not prone to flipping out).

Feminised seeds are not the same thing as self-pollinated hermaphrodite seeds, but they're not enormously different either. In some ways, feminised are less predictable.

For instance, if I had a female that was prone to putting out a few 'bananas' (tiny male flowers, often consisting of a single pollen-distributing anther) when flowered a few weeks longer than normal, I'd be much more interested in using self-pollinated seeds from this plant than feminised seeds.

Self-pollinated seeds from a plant like this should turn into exact copies of the parent, with the same tendency towards limited hermaphrodism.

To be strictly accurate, feminised seeds might better be described as hermaphrodised seeds. But you can see that these wouldn't sell quite so well.

-------------
http://sensiseeds.com/s-en/cannabis-seeds/auto - Auto-flowering http://sensiseeds.com/cannabis-seeds - Cannabis Seeds!
No growing questions by PM, please!

Posted By: DRFEELGOOD
Date Posted: 20 July 2008 at 15:59
thanks for that info ganja as i have attempted to femenize some white widow that i got from sensi, and that puts a whole different prespective on the whole femenized thing
   thanks dude...Cool

-------------
DR,FEELGOOD...              if you cant be good, becareful

Print Page | Close Window