Cannabis Forum > Search Results
  Sensi Cannabis Seeds Sensi Shop  Sensi Newsletter Newsletter  Cannabis & Marijuana Photos Cannabis Photos  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Calendar   Register Register  Login Login

Search Results

Search Results has found 250 results in 0.5 seconds.
This search was processed Today at 17:06.
Page  123 25>
Hot Topic
Topic: Bud Recovery!!
Forum: Outdoor Growing
farmer mick View Drop Down

Replies: 14
Views: 2596

View Post View Post
Bud Recovery!!
Posted: 02 November 2010 at 20:18
Then I found mould. Straight out, caught it in time and am now smoking it. Very nice!

Dude, you're the one who said you were smoking mouldy buds.

Your question was answered earlier in the thread and you responded with "Eh?????"

Forum (noun): A medium for open discussion or voicing of ideas.

This is a forum and your original post led to a discussion about the health effects of smoking mouldy weed. (Because you clearly said you were smoking mouldy buds.) View Post
Hot Topic

View Post View Post
Bud Recovery!!
Posted: 02 November 2010 at 18:13
Yeah, I have heard of botrytis-flavoured wine. From what I know, fungus spores only really affect the respiratory system, so ingesting them is probably okay. Again, I'm open to correction on this point...

I've edited my last post to point out that I do in fact have asthma, so maybe I'm more susceptible to breathing problems (smoking doesn't seem to affect me at all though).

However, mildew in particular is well-known to cause respiratory illness.

Also, mould spores are... View Post
Hot Topic

View Post View Post
Bud Recovery!!
Posted: 02 November 2010 at 17:33
I have smoked buds infected with a dry, white powdery substance (mildew) and I can say for a fact that I would never do it again. I have ashtma and it definitely affected my breathing.

http://www.ehow.com/how-does_4596290_mildew-cause-sickness.html

Also, surely buds infected with botrytis (bud rot) are unsmokable. Botrytis turns vegetation to slime. You might be able to make hash from them, but drying and smoking them is surely impossible... I am open to correction on this point.

A guy I used... View Post
Hot Topic
Topic: Delicious spam
Forum: Latest News

Replies: 8
Views: 1340

View Post View Post
Delicious spam
Posted: 02 November 2010 at 17:21
Although I'm not a moderator anymore, I still have some powers to hide and delete posts and block people's IP addresses. They don't work in all the sub-forums, but I've been doing my best to clear out some of the spam in recent days. I hope this is okay with Ganja and the other Sensi people... View Post
Hot Topic
Topic: Two Questions
Forum: Indoor Growing

Replies: 10
Views: 2705

View Post View Post
Two Questions
Posted: 02 November 2010 at 00:01
Any healthy, white pistil can be pollinated. It takes 5-6 weeks for seeds to mature after pollination.

Wet and acidic soil will cause the roots to rot - that's why the springtails might eat them. As far as I know, they will not damage healthy roots.

I have seen springtails in the soil virtually ever time I grow a plant - including normal houseplants. They come in lots of shapes and colours, but I've only ever seen the white ones.

In nature, they are found in their millions... View Post
Hot Topic

View Post View Post
Two Questions
Posted: 01 November 2010 at 02:55
Springtails:

View Post
Hot Topic

View Post View Post
Two Questions
Posted: 01 November 2010 at 02:49
They're called Springtails. They're fairly harmless. They eat decaying organic matter and micro-organisms, but they won't touch healthy roots. Add neem oil with your next feed and you shouldn't see them again. If they do survive, give 'em another blast in one week and that should take care of them.

Re: pollination. Collect the pollen in a small plastic bag. Cover the bud you want to pollinate with the bag, hold the end closed with your fingers and shake.
View Post
Hot Topic
Topic: ph ec issues

Replies: 41
Views: 7175

View Post View Post
ph ec issues
Posted: 31 October 2010 at 01:41
I totally understand what you're saying Salgado. To be honest, that's why I joined in on this thread. I just want to let new growers know that you do not need all this equipment.

I'm a big believer in keeping my operation as simple as possible. View Post
Hot Topic

View Post View Post
ph ec issues
Posted: 30 October 2010 at 23:52
I wouldn't call myself an expert Salgado. But cheers for the compliment. I have a few years experience under my belt, which helps to develop an understanding of the plants' needs. Growing in soil really isn't complicated at all. Or at least it's no more complicated than growing any other species of plant.

I've seen a few posts on the forum where people are talking about purchasing all this expensive equipment that is unnecessary for soil-growers. In my opinion (and it... View Post
Hot Topic

View Post View Post
ph ec issues
Posted: 30 October 2010 at 03:01
No problem Salgado. I think a lot of people on this forum over-complicate the process of growing cannabis in soil. I have a cheap pH meter for measuring soil pH, but I haven't used it for about five years because - quite frankly - it is not a necessary piece of equipment. Just use fresh soil with every grow and you should never have pH issues.

Also, I never have and never will use an EC meter. After a couple of grows, you will develop an instinct for how much to feed your plants. I measure... View Post